PDA

View Full Version : Healing Am I raid ready?

SargentFC
04-18-2011, 10:03 PM
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/uldaman/sargentfc/advanced Finally finished building my 3rd gear set (yes I do hop back and forth between ret and holy) my only concern is am I raid ready? Any gear I can upgrade (other then PvP cloak)? Also how are my enchants? I haven't found much insight on Holy Pallys (gear set wise). Shoot me some comments on what I can upgrade anything specific I should know for Cata raid healing. I haven't healed raids since around Uldar content of Wotlk (different toon).

Sebadoh
04-18-2011, 11:06 PM
The big issue is you need two orange gems to activate your meta gem.

Stat priority is Int > Spirit > Haste >>>>>>>> Crit/Mastery. At higher levels of gear where you get enough regen, you can swap Spirit and Haste a bit (or so I hear - my Paladin is still in blues).

Also, the Sea Star is a pretty weak trinket. I would aim for something like Tear of Blood or the VP trinket, which have both Int and Spirit.

Spec looks good. I use the same exact thing, except with 1/2 Imp Judge and 1/2 Blessed Life (extra Holy Power on raid damage is very good on quite a few fights), and 25y Judgement is not much of a hindrance at all. Still, totally optional.

Damango
04-19-2011, 12:27 AM
http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?63314-Cataclysm-Holy-Paladin-Guide

this guy is a real champ - he actually takes the time to check what's best - if your looking for number crunching go to
www.elitiestjerks.com and have a check on the forums. You will either learn alot or just refresh the info you allready know which always helps.
in my opinion, you look pretty raid ready. you still have a few possible upgrades, Minor though they may be (like your shoulder enchants) you may think these are minor but at this level a few stats here will make everything a little easier. Make sure you are doing the basic stuff - like Judging on CD, popping your radiance when you need to, dont be afraid to pop you pots when you need and know what your other healers strengths are, especially if your brand new to healing raiding.