PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Need Advice for my Warrior Tank

PrinceMarth07
04-17-2011, 02:25 PM
In the last couple of days, it has been brought to my attention that I am not doing enough damage as a tank. I am assuming therefore that it is affecting my threat and my aggro in turn. I was wondering if I could get some help, pointers, anything that would help me fix my problem.

My armory address is:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/hydraxis/l%c3%acanna/simple

My current rotation is
Charge - Rend - ThunderClap - Cleave - Shield Slam and then Revenge if it procs.

Any help that is offered will be greatly appreciated. I really really love my warrior and hate when people tell me I'm not doing a great job.

Thank you.

Reev
04-17-2011, 02:46 PM
You're level 61 and people are complaining about your damage? Your opener sounds fine. Your gear is fine. Your spec is more or less fine for your level. Your glyphs are fine. If you aren't holding aggro against that mage doing 1800 dps at level 60, well you shouldn't be, because that's what top level mages were doing at level 70 in full T6 back in the day. Just keep doing what you're doing and if there are still problems at level 80+, we'll see if there's somthing else going on. Don't let trigger happy dps obsessed without how OP they are at that level bother you.

PrinceMarth07
04-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Well thank you for that. Was wondering what I was doing wrong lol. I will definetly keep doing what I am doing. Thank you again.

Gregasaurous
04-17-2011, 04:30 PM
If you're having trouble with aggro on opener, i generally tell trigger happy's to hold off until they see thunderclap, make a point of mentioning it at the start of a dungeon and that eliminates all chance of you getting blame since the DPS were forwarned. And when you get shockwave at the end of your talent tree that helps emensely too.

One suggestion though would be maccro your sheild block into one of your commonly used attacks to keep it on cooldown (this will be emensely important in Cata but for the time being it also lets you use revenge more often) which, you should make revenge a priority if it procs seeing as it causes a large amount of threat.
Also, you didn't mention it in your rotation so i'm wondering if you use Heroic Strike. Personally i didn't use it until Cata; and if you don't use it either then you're wasting 3 points in Incite which would slide nicely into Sheild Mastery. This is merely a personal preferance of mine and many people have a different opinion on it so don't nescacarily change your style based on this.

Good luck and happy tanking!