PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Ret pally mastery

Cptwhoopass
04-17-2011, 02:10 PM
OK so ive been wondering if there is a mastery cap for ret pallies. If so what is it?

Fetzie
04-17-2011, 02:24 PM
mastery for ret pallies makes you do more damage, so no there is no cap. You just want to get as much of it as you can :)

Cptwhoopass
04-17-2011, 02:53 PM
alright. i was just making sure. Im at 43%

Heculis.X
04-19-2011, 12:34 PM
Stat Weights float in relation to one another. A solid example are Crit and Mastery. Self-buffed, Crit is more valuable than Mastery: one point of Crit Rating provides more DPS than one point of Mastery Rating. However, once you add in raid buffs (5% Crit aura, MoW/Kings for 5% Agi->Crit) you gain enough Crit that additional Mastery is now superior: one point of Mastery Rating provides more DPS than one point of Crit Rating. Following some single value could have you seeking the incorrect stat for your circumstances.

In General, at present gear levels and with raid buffs Mastery appears superior to Crit. There is an inflection point where you have enough Mastery that more Crit pulls ahead. This point is not attainable in the current tier.

Source: http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t110342-retribution_concordance_4_0_6_compliant/

Contravene
04-19-2011, 02:08 PM
So if I am gearing for PVP then crit might be more appealing to me versus Mastery because I will not typically have raid buffs?

P.S. I am going to read the whole thread all over since I obviously missed something but at work right now.