PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Geming/Enchants Looking For Help

Xeaoz
04-13-2011, 06:46 PM
Hello guys always look at this site for help but never made a thread hoping you can help me out. Basicly i'm just starting to raid in Cata alot more and was wondering what gems/ enchants i should change. I think i need to stop geming so much stam any ideas guys?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/jaedenar/xeaoz/simple

Thanks guys.

klausi
04-13-2011, 07:15 PM
You really don't need any stamina gems for normal modes, if you feel uncomfortable there are other ways to temporary or occasionally improve your healthpool like swapping trinkets or using a flask over elixirs. I'd recommend for gems: yellow = mastery (fractured), red = parry/mastery (fine) and blue = mastery/stamina (puissant) with your JC gems being pure mastery.

Perfect specc, glyphs almost optimal (i'd go with 7 minutes LoH over Consecration since you don't use it in your specc anyways) - i'm pleased ;)

Enchants: gloves and boots +50 mastery each. No reason to pick up runspeed, you already specced +15% with Pursuit of Justice (tier 2, ret tree). Weapon: mending, it's cheap and provide a steady flow of neat +800ish heals almost all the time.

Reforging: reforge everything to mastery, starting with offensive stats like hit and expertise. If that's not possible reforge either dodge or parry to mastery, depending on what rating is lower (to bring them on par to further reduce the impact of diminishing returns).

This way you can improve your block value by ~8% while dropping 8k hitpoints and 1% avoidance.

Work on your reputation!
a) free +30 stamina from getting Therazane to exalted
b) BiS normal mode tank cloak (Hyjal)
c) BiS normal mode tank boots (Dragonmaw)

Besides that you might want to consider crafting the blacksmithing belt, it's as good as Conclave or Omnotron drop and pretty cheap.

Xeaoz
04-13-2011, 07:32 PM
Thank you very much for your input i have changed to alot of what you have said changing the rest as we speak Thanks

Gnarly
04-13-2011, 08:52 PM
www.askmrrobot.com (http://www.askmrrobot.com) might also be able to help out some. It takes diminishing returns into account and can help optimize your reforges.

Contravene
04-14-2011, 01:26 PM
Awesome work I just looked now and it seems great. One last pointer is to balance out Parry/Dodge by reforging Parry>Dodge.. You want them to remain pretty close even after all buffs including your chosen food..