fony
04-13-2011, 09:28 AM
On today's LEGENDARY:

Mobile Guild Chat
Currency Changes
Price Hike for Blizzcon
And more!

hq8%2BgrOODwA

Legendary on Gamebreaker.tv (http://www.gamebreaker.tv/category/legendary/?utm_source=Tankspot&utm_medium=News_Site&utm_term=GBTV&utm_content=Episode22&utm_campaign=Legendary) | Follow Gamebreaker on Twitter (http://twitter.com/gamebreakertv)

Kazeyonoma
04-13-2011, 10:44 AM
i demand, as t3h banhammer, than one of you legendary folks get me a ticket to blizzcon... >.<

Krenian
04-13-2011, 10:55 AM
You're not that leet. If anything they can give ME a chance this time.

Yeah that's right, I demand a fully paid trip from Ottawa to Anaheim, all inclusive.

Yeah.

rchrdwell
04-13-2011, 01:00 PM
welcome back lore!

Therec
04-13-2011, 09:34 PM
Lore I think you could give Elijah Wood a run for his money.

trepcsuit
04-13-2011, 11:40 PM
I had to chime in on the reward system and difficulty of MMOs now and into the future. I believe that the pendulum is going to swing to the easy end with the concept that it will appeal to more people. More people mean more accounts and therefore, more money. Do not forget that these implements are more about appealing to new, old and current subscribers. Its easy to view this through one lens when in actuality its well, still through one lens, money.

I think the real answer is a cater to both styles. This will ultimately bring some feeling of a meaningful task left to do. EverQuest did this well with Veeshan's Peak that required a key to enter that defined the term "epic quest" in the original content.

For me, and many people, we need the ultimate accomplishment and the good news for developers is that you really only need to create one of these places. The very fact it exists is notion enough to keep up million of gamers for days on end plotting and strategizing.

Thought I would link an old edited screenshot for nostalgia. Ol' Strahm, those were the days when we used to do 6 hour corpse retrievals from the Plane of ... oh wait, you mentioned this in the video didn't you. Dangit! :rolleyes:

http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/6162/alisg.jpg (http://img813.imageshack.us/i/alisg.jpg/)

Quinafoi
04-14-2011, 07:36 AM
I know why Blizzcon costs more this year. This is a secret...

Since everything they'd like to do is so "expensive", they are going to give us all of it by charging us $25 more.

ghelyar
04-15-2011, 04:00 AM
CTA for LFD would be OK if there was more than just a simple ilvl requirement. I had a dungeon yesterday with a tank in ilvl < 300 greens, probably just because he had a pvp neck and some bracers or something in his bag. In bear form with buffs and luck of the draw stacks he had 130k hp, while I had 146k as a healer.

ilvl specific to spec and auto kicks for going under it while in a lfd group or something.

feralminded
04-15-2011, 05:19 AM
The price tag for blizzcon is simply economics. They will keep raising the pricetag every year until it *doesn't* insta-sellout, or sells out in a more reasonable rate. Whatever that price-point is, they will keep until it either starts to insta-sell-out again (then they raise it), or starts to not sell out whatsoever (price tag goes down). Simple supply-demand economics.

avh
04-20-2011, 06:01 AM
CTA for LFD would be OK if there was more than just a simple ilvl requirement. I had a dungeon yesterday with a tank in ilvl < 300 greens, probably just because he had a pvp neck and some bracers or something in his bag. In bear form with buffs and luck of the draw stacks he had 130k hp, while I had 146k as a healer.

ilvl specific to spec and auto kicks for going under it while in a lfd group or something.

I don't see any problems with low ilevel if the tank knows what he is doing and pulls packs according to his gear and skill level. Using CC and not pulling whole room at once just because DPSers whine for bigger pulls is totally acceptable.

ghelyar
04-25-2011, 02:51 AM
I don't see any problems with low ilevel if the tank knows what he is doing and pulls packs according to his gear and skill level. Using CC and not pulling whole room at once just because DPSers whine for bigger pulls is totally acceptable.
While I agree that a good tank isn't entirely dependant on gear, the tank I was talking about was only queueing as tank to reduce his queue time, without being able to tank at all and call to arms for tanks would only make this more common. The ilvl requirement means that a plate wearer could have random cloth items or just enter completely naked, then you can't kick them (at least not for the first 15 minutes) because average ilvl on its own is a useless number. Linking it to spec is a bare minimum improvement (i.e. if you are queueing as a tank you should have ilvl X tank gear, not just ilvl x gear).