PDA

View Full Version : Healing Understanding

goose
04-13-2011, 06:37 AM
Ok im currently struggling understanding what im doing wrong.

My guild is currently raiding 25man cata raids our healers change everytime we raid so getting consistant info sucks. What im struggling with is im constantly told i should be top heals for our group based on my gear and class. I try to the best of my ability to use all my spells effectively and use cd's early and often dont always get them when i want to. I also find myself only healing tanks alot. Would like some input on maybe something im not seeing from someone that understands the logs more than i do.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-g8ufjbzmtw261q9u

Selene
04-13-2011, 06:53 AM
An Armory Link will probably help a lot too with assisting you.

Saucey
04-13-2011, 07:09 AM
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/goos%C3%A9/advanced

goose
04-13-2011, 07:14 AM
unfortunately i logged out in the wrong spec and am stuck at work unable to change it will post it as soon as i can.

goose
04-13-2011, 09:40 AM
Ok armory should be updated with my current holy spec and gear.

Theotherone
04-13-2011, 12:16 PM
Topping the meters is not a good measure of healing, in fact, an argument can be made that if you're on top you're just wasting mana on spamming your biggest heal. Are your tanks living? If yes, then you're doing your job.

Saucey
04-14-2011, 03:09 AM
Are your tanks living? If yes, then you're doing your job.

/truth
/story

Sebadoh
04-14-2011, 06:15 AM
I don't have the time to get into your logs atm, but one thing I noticed from your armory - you need a point in Enlightened Judgements to get hitcapped. Take a point from the Judgement talent in the Ret tree - I find that a 25 yard range is plenty for most situations, and hitting with your judgements all the time will outweigh being unable to judge once in a blue moon due to range issues.

Illidra
04-15-2011, 01:57 AM
from a quick glance the other 2 palas have double and quadruple your healign from GOAK so they're using that more effectively which leads me to believe you may not be maximising your cooldown usage.

the other palas have higher use of holy radiance.

in your gear you should probably be able to pop it on cd.

this isnt a waste btw because all light of dawn and holy radiance heal uis transferred to beacon.

goose
04-15-2011, 07:23 AM
thank you for the replies. Im not overly concerned about topping the meters just looking for things i maybe could do better and im getting som insight into that thank you.