PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Retribution Paladin

TurboElite
04-12-2011, 07:51 PM
I have a lvl 85 Retribution Paladin for dps and i secondary Protection for tanking (although not part of my question). Right now im not currently able to do heroics do to low item lvl (326 out of 329 needed). My concern is not doing enough dps in dungeons. I sadly topped out at 6000dps. can anybody help me by giving me proper rotation for dps? I can post my specs is neccessary.

Selene
04-13-2011, 06:55 AM
http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t110342-retribution_concordance_4_0_6_compliant/

Might be able to help. Otherwise will need more information like an Armory link

Buffalowings
04-13-2011, 07:00 AM
I had the same problem as you have right now. Check this: http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?74811-Retribution-off-spec for some useful information.

Contravene
04-13-2011, 01:47 PM
Download the addon CLCret it will teach you the rotation for high Hit Point bosses.. With CLCret you cut corners for lower HP bosses for example I will cast Inq at 1 Holy Power for little 85 non elite and have them dead in less than the 10 seconds Inq is up for. Or say I see the boss almost dead I am going to fire whatever I can to hit the hardest in the shortest amount of time. But for now don't worry about that just do what CLCret says to do so you can start to see the procs.. For example Yes I proc'd Art of War, but before I fire Exorcism is Inquisiton up?

Cleanup your UI with something like Dominos you need your action bar in a clean clear space up from the bottom where it probably is now right in the center of the screen but like just under your characters feet.. This is so you can see it with your eyes without having to look right at it most of the time. You also need to visually see your cooldowns for buffs, rebuke, freedom and etc so you put them on action buttons but you don't click them of course you use keybinds. The action buttons let you see where the cooldowns are at with a quick glance.

Also I don't click any button with my mouse I use my fingers to do the walking so I never have to look at which key to press I just know for example middle finger down is Crusaders Strike..

TurboElite
04-18-2011, 09:24 AM
thank guys. this helped. even though i dont do that much dps, around 6k-8k for trash mobs, i do consistent 11k-13k dps on bosses