PDA

View Full Version : Tanking whats better for 5 man heroic tanking?

PimpJuice4
04-12-2011, 11:59 AM
a druid or a warrior

i cant decide,i made a warrior but im only like lvl 5 but i know back when i had a warrior and tanked with it there was a while when they were good.then they got nerfed,and it seemed kinda crappy after that

but i dont know,maybe its cuz i was a troll and i know taurens get higher hp.plus i planned on making a dps offspec and i know balance druids(even though im used to playing melee dps)are one of the top dps classes at the moment according to stateofdps

im just wondering what would be the better class for tanking heroics

Loganisis
04-12-2011, 12:05 PM
The one you have that's geared.

PimpJuice4
04-12-2011, 12:10 PM
The one you have that's geared.

so there both the same then? or what

gear doesnt equal skill.so that doesnt really help me any

and as far as actually playing eather one tanking.ive had more expierance tanking as a druid then a warrior,i just know aoe threat for a bear tank sucked when i played one(unless its cuz trolls arent really the best race for a druid tank.and i made a troll) and warrior tanks got nerfed.plus i can always spec resto and heal if i dont like druid tanking but it didnt seem to bad the last time i tried it

Loganisis
04-12-2011, 12:19 PM
so there both the same then? or what

gear doesnt equal skill.so that doesnt really help me any

and as far as actually playing eather one tanking.ive had more expierance tanking as a druid then a warrior,i just know aoe threat for a bear tank sucked when i played one(unless its cuz trolls arent really the best race for a druid tank.and i made a troll) and warrior tanks got nerfed.plus i can always spec resto and heal if i dont like druid tanking but it didnt seem to bad the last time i tried it

For heroics, any tank will work. Each have some things they do better, some things they do less well. There are some pulls a Warrior will be better, others a Bear. There is no "best" class.

Selene
04-12-2011, 12:29 PM
For heroics, any tank will work. Each have some things they do better, some things they do less well. There are some pulls a Warrior will be better, others a Bear. There is no "best" class.

Play the class you enjoy. The more you enjoy a class, the more likely you as a player will be good with it. Don't give in to the "Flavor the Month" because then you will be constantly changing/making characters then.

Loganisis
04-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Play the class you enjoy. The more you enjoy a class, the more likely you as a player will be good with it. Don't give in to the "Flavor the Month" because then you will be constantly changing/making characters then.
^
Better answer

Scotteq
04-12-2011, 12:43 PM
For Heroics, it's been my experience that my Death Knight gets beat up a little more on trash than my Warrior does, but has a threat advantage and "feels" a bit more durable on bosses.

Both are perfectly viable and enjoyable to play.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk