PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Paladin Tank builds and suited Glyphs

FatŠ
04-11-2011, 05:35 AM
Hey all,

I started to focus a little more on my Paladin and for for HC i was pretty good Glyphed on the build i used, although now we are starting to do raiding i begin to worrie.

this is my character: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/deathwing/padwin/simple

We downed the first bos in BoT and we where starting on the second boss and on the build i have now i need to reglyph. But i also had in mind starting to use 2 builds one for better AoE tanking and one that focuse more to survival and single targetting.

this is what i had in mind

My main build will be the wogger, The Wogger (0/31/10) (http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sZhrhcRddRMucbG:0sc) but needs to be reglyphed, i have a feeling on the second boss in BoT its kinda needed to ease up the healers because they have to move a lot so i had in mind to fucus more on self healing on my main build and single targetting.

these are the glyphs i had in mind for this build:

Primes

SOTR Increases the damage of Shield of the Righteous by 10%.
WOG Increases the healing done by Word of Glory.
Judgement deals 10% more damage.

Medium

AC Reduces mana cost of CS by 30%.
FS Avenger's Shield hits 2 fewer targets, but for 30% more damage.
Reduces LoH cooldown by 3 minutes.

now for the first boss in BoT we have those little draggon in the cage and need to be AoE'd and for thrash thad need to be AoE'd i had in mind to use this build The Haymaker (2/31/8) (http://www.wowhead.com/talent#s0bZGMhfRddoMucbh:0sk) it focusses more on AoE rahter then on self healing. For the Glyphs i had in mind to use.

Primes

HOTR Increase both physical and holy damage components by 10%
Seal of Truth also grants 10 Expertise while active.
SOTR Increases the damage of Shield of the Righteous by 10%.

Medium

HW This provides an AoE stun[ (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41101)
AC Reduces mana cost of CS by 30%.
Reduces LoH cooldown by 3 minutes.

Anyway the point is of this post that i use the right glyphs for the builds i want to use, by doing 2 different build so i can swich when needed. if you have other and better id's let me know.

i saw in the second phase on the second boss in BoT that my healers maybe can be helped with my self healing so they can trow in a heal so now and then on them self some more and or one of the casters if needed. And also be cause they have to move so much on that particular fight, i had in mind if i can stand my own in a little self heal it might ease up the whole raid a bit more, so far we could not get trough the second phase of the fight because we lose always one healer ...

The first boss is down but also there i have a feeling that we can down him a little bit more easyer then our first run, we had the dragon where he casts a debuff so we used hop after 7 stacks to clear the debuff, this way we could tank 2 times and we had 2 paladins me and a healer so it was perfect. but we had a little problem at start to hold the draggons on me because i think my consecration did not enough AoE after a few tries we managed because the DPS holded off a few seconds longer before engaging but never the less maybe i can generate threat a little faster when i use the second build on the first fight.

thanks for any advice given.

regards

Fetzie
04-11-2011, 05:47 AM
For WoGging your way to victory:
Prime: Seal of Insight, Word of Glory, whatever you feel like taking
Major: Lay on Hands + 2 others

For pewpewing your way to victory:
Prime: Seal of Truth, ShoR, Judgement
Major: Lay on hands + 2 others.

To be perfectly honest the twin dragons won't wipe you by killing the tank. They will wipe you if a dps doesn't run out with unstable magic and nukes everyone around them for 60k damage per second, or if the raid doesn't collapse at blackout. Likewise the whelps are not a priority at Halfus. They will die through incidental AoE splash (although for heroic mode I use HotR and Inquisition), they deal minor damage and are more a nuisance than a threat.

FatŠ
04-11-2011, 06:15 AM

To be perfectly honest the twin dragons won't wipe you by killing the tank. They will wipe you if a dps doesn't run out with unstable magic and nukes everyone around them for 60k damage per second, or if the raid doesn't collapse at blackout. Likewise the whelps are not a priority at Halfus. They will die through incidental AoE splash (although for heroic mode I use HotR and Inquisition), they deal minor damage and are more a nuisance than a threat.

Ok i saw what i did there i posted the glyphs on the wrong builds, fixed it. but you say that i need to replace or JUDGEMENT or SOTR with Seal of Insight. and on the mayor im kinda ok with whatever i take on the wogger.

on the haymaker build it is a AoE build so would in not be preferable to use HOTR because it increases the damage on all targets within the area? i mean Judgement is single target only so the id of the build is AoE, or don't i need to mind it because my consecration will go up on damage on this build.

tbh thanks for the tip on Inquisition for some reason i forgot about that one ...

regards

Fetzie
04-11-2011, 06:21 AM
It would make things a lot easier to read if you didn't make the glyph text white, not the best colour choice against the forum's white background :)

HotR is indeed a better glyph than judgement for AoE-ing, although I am hard pressed to name a boss where I would consider it worth using. Maybe heroic maloriak, otherwise the small extra damage on HotR won't make much of a difference when compared to the AoE damage that you get from a fire mage or demonology warlock. Kinda like comparing a 500 lb TNT charge to a multi-megaton nuke :)

FatŠ
04-11-2011, 06:35 AM
It would make things a lot easier to read if you didn't make the glyph text white, not the best colour choice against the forum's white background :)

HotR is indeed a better glyph than judgement for AoE-ing, although I am hard pressed to name a boss where I would consider it worth using. Maybe heroic maloriak, otherwise the small extra damage on HotR won't make much of a difference when compared to the AoE damage that you get from a fire mage or demonology warlock. Kinda like comparing a 500 lb TNT charge to a multi-megaton nuke :)

I see what your saying but although it try to keep a steadfast rotation we have a fire mage that idd over aggro's me somtetimes, and maybe it could be the build i play, maybe i was lazy to think that AoE can be countered with even AoE so thats when i thought maybe put up a second build to help me on that with more AoE focussed damage. Its just kinda frustrating whan you are working hard to maintain threat and you see losing it at some point i rarely lose aggro on bosses etc.

Rotation is one thing skill is a other ofc.

for example sometimes it happens most of the time in HC that people brake CC or even don't want to CC, we try or at least i try to do as many of those hc's with the guild but sometimes because i generaly dislike the atitude in pugs and thats where it goes wrong the most. so i was thinking maybe it is me maybe its my enchants or even my gems i try to stack for avoidance doh, maybe i have a little treat isseu on that point on this gear lvl. so i ask most of the time for CC but pugs rarely want to use it for some reason. If they start hitting the wrong mobs i try to grab the bobs back and at some point its like a taunt fest for me. And at that point i begin to doubt, but when im running with my guild i have lesser problems and in Raids i almost have non exept sometimes with our mage.

He said he knows and tries to look in to it deeper, but he also told me that if he wants to do good dps he needs to krit or something and thats where the high threat comes from.

anyway i think im not doing that bad although i always say i can be wrong and maybe i can adjust something on the way of playing or gear up to make it better.

( i fixed the white text )

regards

FatŠ
04-12-2011, 02:23 AM

i want to thank you on the great advice i followed up the most except on the Judgement part on my second build i use a hotr glyph and it works like a sharm its a massive difference and my rotation works a lot better that way.

regards