PDA

View Full Version : PST - Episode 24

Lore
04-09-2011, 10:08 PM
8omZzp_Ii64

This week:

How can I tell if a guild is too dependent on one person?
Firelands legendary staff: healer weapon?
What's the point of durability?
When is it okay to call a wipe?
and more!

Kemanorel
04-10-2011, 01:01 AM
Soon after joining my current guild, my new Guild Master began to chastise my class lead about his lack of use of defensive and utility cooldowns.

There was a guild in BC that gave its first Thor'idal, the Star's Fury to a rogue. After the inital upset and server raging, the guild master spoke up, explaining that when it dropped they had only applicant trial phase, which was ineligible for loot, and the rogue had been a stable member since around the time it was created. Lore says, he can't choose your loot method, do what is right for your situation . :D\

A side note, after the 'occulus bribe' loot sack came out, my main got the blue drake in his no less than 3 separate times, and the mount was BoP.

As the expansion progresses, I am seeing more manners, and flexibility in pug groups, and as a 329 ilevel tank doing full random queue runs I notice very much.

Play so that you enjoy it? If I no longer feel that I have a part in a guild as a member I begin to look elsewhere.

And I'm not the only hunter I know who has broken a freshly repaired bow refining a rotation on a dummy :P

Motark
04-10-2011, 03:21 AM
brilliant ending!

Arkanon
04-10-2011, 04:02 AM
I think you should have that ending for all your PST's since Marmot already has its funny intros.

Kasgrishi
04-10-2011, 06:24 AM
Damn you, Lore! Made me spit my water all over the place. Loved the ending :)

It's nothing HUGE, but just wanted to point out that you kept Mycelar's name in the video for 2 questions (3rd and 4th i think?).

Nice work as always! Keep em coming.

Krenian
04-10-2011, 08:40 AM
I'm going to have to say that I really enjoyed that last question! LOL Keep it up.

kevinlferguson
04-10-2011, 09:33 AM
LOL! great! hahaha... keep it up

Chaoslux
04-11-2011, 12:33 AM
During the whole video, and especially during the times where Lore would stop talking (even if only for a few seconds) or talks quietly...
I can definetly hear the WoW Login music.
Tell me Lore, why did you open WoW on the login screen, THEN recorded your episode of PST?

Aggathon
04-11-2011, 02:04 AM
I'm going to have to say that I really enjoyed that last question! LOL Keep it up.

I usually watch these but only listen to the audio, and have other pages up. Not that I don't like Lore's random facial expressions, I just kinda have internet ADHD. I think I may have also been playing WoW while listening to this one. Anyways, it gets to the last question and he asks he and then it just goes silent, and I just think to myself, "he's eating a pizza isn't he?" Click over to the window... yup... yup he's eating a pizza. I lol'd pretty hard.

Rakhzul
04-11-2011, 11:02 AM
My vision on how the new dungeon rewards will effect gameplay in 4.1

1. ppl especialy the nooby kids and the greedy adults :) are gonna make their secondary skills if they have the possibility to it, to role for a tank or a healer while not experienced at it nor realy geared ending up to a result of "sure getting a group faster as a dps" but ending up not being able to actualy do the dungeon cause ur tank and/or healer is inexperienced.

i would like to know if any of u share that opinion

greets,

Rakh

Star Scythe
04-11-2011, 04:00 PM
best closing yet

ácerimmer
04-12-2011, 01:46 AM
great end to the episode :D
*edit* Although that pizza looked like a piece of cardboard... dude where did you get it from

clvsutil
04-12-2011, 02:19 PM
My vision on how the new dungeon rewards will effect gameplay in 4.1

1. ppl especialy the nooby kids and the greedy adults :) are gonna make their secondary skills if they have the possibility to it, to role for a tank or a healer while not experienced at it nor realy geared ending up to a result of "sure getting a group faster as a dps" but ending up not being able to actualy do the dungeon cause ur tank and/or healer is inexperienced.

i would like to know if any of u share that opinion

greets,

Rakh

I think this will happen, but I hope it will happen few times. I read yesterday that the mount drop rate is the same, so they are low. This can be a problem on this situation: we see more tankers/healers during the first weeks reducing the queue time because they are farming mounts, but as the mounts don't drop these new tankers/healers farmner may give up and time queue can go up again to 30/40min.

We have to sit and wait :)

trepcsuit
04-12-2011, 11:30 PM
Great ending I cracked up.

You know, healthy guilds are a lot like healthy relationships you have in real life. If you walk into vent on a trial raid with your new guild and everyones yelling and cursing, there likely at some point will be a breaking point. Theres only so much verbal abuse people can take before they call it. The player response to the guild master really boils down to activity. Its not wither the GM can step away but, is there still activity in the guild when the most active player leaves for an extended period of time and have the guild still feel like a "guild". Activity can be anything but, there must be leaders in the sense that when they are on they encourage others do join in on the fun, whatever that fun may be. Dictatorships can be much like this (the dictator leaves and all the troops are astray). Autocracy can be too clickish to be involved if your new. If you find yourself leading or in one of the previously mentioned, try and develop leadership or volunteer to be more active in inviting others to join in on what your doing. One easy way to involve people is to all jump in ventrilo/teamspeak and chat it up. Remember, those that play together stay together!

sanduba
04-14-2011, 04:59 AM
Excellent closing! I robl'd! (b = bed, and literally :)