PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Prot War critique

Neckra
04-08-2011, 12:32 PM
Pretty much just looking to see if there is anything I am doing out right wrong or generally improve upon for my character. For the most part I think I have the basics covered spec/gemming but I am always open to suggestions.

I'm more worried about my Holy priest mentioning that I am harder to heal then the DK tank in my raid. I'm not sure if I should just take it as different to heal rather then harder or if I am flat out doing something wrong. I try to keep shield block on cooldown and will burn my other cooldowns or call for some if I feel things are going downhill. Anything you can see that I may not is much appreciated.

Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/durtee/advanced

World of Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/108923/ (Note my raid days are Wed/Thurs) We run 2 raid groups and both logs are present on the calender.

klausi
04-10-2011, 12:25 AM
or if I am flat out doing something wrong.
Yes, you are.

Just looking at your Omnotron and Halfus kills you might want to consider keeping up demo shout (-10% damage taken), thunderclap (-20% attackspeed) and sunder armor (-12% enemy armor). You didn't even bother applying thunderclap on Magmatron and used it once on Arcanotron? 6.4% uptime on Halfus, you casted when the fight was almost over.

Tengenstein
04-10-2011, 01:24 AM
Looking at thursday's chogall;

21.1% up time on shield block is trying to keep it on CD? You need to up that, If you don't mind Burning it when not on Chogall and the log suggests you don't, macro it to shield slam.

Also considering that a large portion of Cho'gall damage comes in the form of fire damage the trinket choices of Leaden Despair and Symbiotic worm are not great as both are completely negated buy his Flame's Orders ability Flamining destruction this is the ability that will be taxing your healers ability to keep you up most and you are literally defenceless against it, get Mirror of broken Truths from Hellscream's reach.

swelt
04-11-2011, 03:24 AM
I'm a big fan of fixing problems like those identified above through enhancing your UI:

- Not keeping shield block on cooldown? Get some UI element that makes it really easy to see when your rotational abilities are (or are nearly) available, make sure it's near your eyeline. (I use a combination of bartender, omniCC and a bit of powerauras for this, varying depending on the ability, but there are plenty of alternatives)

- Not sure whether you need to thunderclap / demo shout or not? Find a way to see whether attack speed and attack power reduction debuffs are on your current target. (I'm currently using Raven for this, an aura mod that allows you to write rules which can notify you when certain conditions occur, but again you could use powerauras or other solutions.)

Make your UI work for you, tune it to help you with your rotation so you can keep your focus on other things.

Neckra
04-11-2011, 05:47 AM
I appreciate the feedback and had made some changes to my UI to help better determine when my debuffs are present on my target. I guess I failed to realize how poorly I was doing in keeping up on some of these things.

I will need to make it a note to pay more attention to keep Shieldblock on cooldown. Apparently thinking you are doing something and what is happening in realtime are 2 different beasts.

Thank you folks.