PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Holy Paladins

myndflame
04-04-2011, 10:20 PM
Should holy palys stack Haste or Spirit we are 10/12 currently

klausi
04-04-2011, 11:03 PM
Actually you want both on your items.. crit is just plain bad for throughput (crit heals only heal for +50%) and a lot of paladin's heals aren't affected from mastery, so just try to avoid those both. If you have to decide between haste and spirit go with spirit. If you need more throughput you can almost always cast more DL instead of HL but if you're oom you can't heal anything :)

Illidra
04-05-2011, 05:42 AM
perfect gear is haste spirit.

always get at least one of these on a piece.

then reforge into the missing stat.

the best throughput stat is haste.
faster holy lights also = less need for divine lights as your mana efficient holy lights hit faster.

Riz
04-05-2011, 05:51 AM
I've been stacking criton mine, and utilizing Infusion of Light/Daybreak effectively...With JotP 9% haste, and Infusion's reduction in cast time, i find that i have nice big heals...Although slower, i crit quite often...Relying heavily on my Shock ofcourse...I havent yet tried stacking pure Haste to compare, just wanted to add other options..As a rule i try to keep 10% haste as a minimum though(which ive gotten mostly from gear, and wrist/glove enchant) giving me 19% from jotp...Its easier to Keep a 3 stack of Conviction as well...Effectively strengthening your heals by 9%..

I miss 15% JotP :(

klausi
04-05-2011, 11:33 AM
I've been stacking criton mine, and utilizing Infusion of Light/Daybreak effectively...With JotP 9% haste, and Infusion's reduction in cast time, i find that i have nice big heals...Although slower, i crit quite often...Relying heavily on my Shock ofcourse...I havent yet tried stacking pure Haste to compare, just wanted to add other options
To make it simple: 100% haste adds 100% throughput, 100% crit adds 50% throughput. This doesn't take things like mana consumption, gcd cap or conviction uptime but it gives you a general idea. 12805 haste rating adds +100% haste while you need 17928 crit rating for +100% crit, so you're spending 40% more item ratings on something that only adds 50% of the possible throughput.

It's easier to Keep a 3 stack of Conviction as well...Effectively strengthening your heals by 9%..
Light of Dawn (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=85222) & Protector of the Innocent (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=20140) both are capable of proccing Conviction so when it falls off once in a while you'll ramp it up again rather easily.