PDA

View Full Version : Warrior fury warrior weapon question

artiev
04-04-2011, 10:09 AM
heres my armory- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-scryers/legendelite/advanced

ive had 0 luck with 2h epic's. should i continue to wait or pick up some epic 1 handers until i see one drop?

Bung
04-04-2011, 10:15 AM
If you access to level 359 1 handers I would, if not just wait. Btw I would exchange your JC hit gem and the exp/stam gem for all str gems.

Loganisis
04-04-2011, 11:16 AM
SMF at your item level is actually > TG I believe. And 4.1 will make SMF a little bit better than TG.

General comments:

Gem str wherever you can. You can reforge haste into hit/exp, you can't reforge it into strength.
So:
Helm - It's a tank helm (sta socket bonus) so skip the socket bonus and go full 40 str.
Shoulders - 20str/20hit or 40str. I think 40 str comes out slightly ahead, but I'm not sure for SMF if you move ot that.
Gloves - 20str/20hit or 40 str
Belt - You've already skipped the socket bonus (+10 haste per gem is bad anyway) so replace the str/crit gem with pure str.

If you switch to SMF, I think it's 3/3 in incite and 2/3 in DW.

You're at 25 exp. Reforge the haste from Mastery to Exp in your neck and the mastery in your crossfire carbine to crit. You're at .63 mastery, so you shouldn't lose anything here, but gain the last point of exp and 30 crit. Unless I'm wrong and mastery is fractional - in which case I still think it's the right option but you lose a little mastery that way.

artiev
04-04-2011, 11:58 AM
thanks for the input. fixing it as i type

artiev
04-04-2011, 12:17 PM
in my current gear including 346 2h what do you think i should be doing dps wise. im usually 19k and higher on magmaw while going up top and over 31k on halfus doing interupts.

mrmojoz
04-05-2011, 07:38 AM
in my current gear including 346 2h what do you think i should be doing dps wise. im usually 19k and higher on magmaw while going up top and over 31k on halfus doing interupts.

I'd use fights that didn't have damage buff mechanics built in when tossing out numbers for comparison purposes.

artiev
04-05-2011, 09:11 AM
latest logs from this past weekend with fights that have no damage buff
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-7k9hotq9qplyfvea/
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-m46ltxqrppb8fbry/

mrmojoz
04-06-2011, 09:13 AM
Looks about the same I was doing with 346ish gear, which may be good or bad depending on how terrible I am. Main difference being I was dead last, barely above the tanks in our raids. ><

artiev
04-06-2011, 09:40 AM
i just find it very odd that majority of fights aside from movement based like ascendant council that im higher on the charts than the ranged in my group. fury warriors arent among the top dps at this stage of the game but we are very competitive

Bung
04-06-2011, 09:51 AM
take a look at stateofdps.com. You will see that fights with little or no movement seem to be a fury warriors best friend. Acendant council is by far the worst fight for fury for example.

artiev
04-06-2011, 09:55 AM
ive checked out stateofdps.com and majority of the fights fury is lowered then the class/spec that is on my team thats why im curious to see if its just me or is the other dps in the group not pulling what they should be.

Beefius
04-06-2011, 04:37 PM
I personally find my worst fights are ones where I am constrained from 'unleashing all hell' due to boss mechanics, such as omnitron (damage shields @ 50 energy, and i often get stuck on interrupt duty on arcanatron where I am expected to stay on him, not doing any damage during his shields and not taking advantage of poison clouds), and yes ascendant council as there is a fair bit of running around on phase 2 which is not friendly for melee, and the requirement for DPSing the bosses down equally which is a lot easier for ranged to switch between; melee usually have to just refrain altogether if their boss is ahead on damage. I usually do the most damage to the elementium monstrosity in phase 3 however.
My biggest obstacle seems to be efficient management of cooldowns, and trying to fit them around aggro management issues... my groups' MT is a warrior and I tend to get given vigilance, but the tank gets extremely unhappy when forced to taunt off me. The trouble is, most fights last for under 5 mins so if I wait for the tank to build a nice aggro lead I'll only get to use recklessness once per fight. I personally feel that I could maximise my DPS best by expending all my CDs early on, and having the tank play aggro ping-pong with me for the duration, and that Im unlikely to die unless said tank is slow on their taunts, which owing to vigilance they shouldnt be. It really just does feel like laziness on the tanks part, and also the 2 hunters for not misdirecting on the pull to help give the tank an initial aggro lead, which in my book is an inexcusable as a DPS pulling aggro if they have any kind of aggro-reducing ability they could have used.

mrmojoz
04-08-2011, 10:15 AM
ive checked out stateofdps.com and majority of the fights fury is lowered then the class/spec that is on my team thats why im curious to see if its just me or is the other dps in the group not pulling what they should be.

I don't think there is any question there, unless you out gear your raid mates by quite a bit they are definitely under performing.