PDA

View Full Version : Healing Trouble healing my War Tank going into Feud on HM Chim

Bodisapha
04-02-2011, 10:06 AM
Going into Feud on Chim HM, I am struggling to keep my War Tank alive from right after that last Massacre going into the Feud. I'm playing Disc Priest (for pw:s spam on p2) and I'm covering heals on the ranged/heals when the Feud is not happening.

Right after that last Massacre going into the Feud, I'm throwing pw:s, pom, and then flash healing as quickly as I can. But the problem is he's dead before I even get the pom off and often before I can do anything.

What's the move here?

klausi
04-02-2011, 10:37 AM
Have all three healers toss in a timed huge heal right after the massacre goes off before everybody switches back to their assigned targets. This way he can't die to the initial 120k hit right away and hits afterwards should be reduced with shieldwall (4 piece), leaving you with enough time to top him for the double attack.

Bigbad
04-02-2011, 10:58 AM
In our 25man we throw either a LoH or a guardian spirit on the tank at the start of the feud. If that isn't an option precasting a big heal from a few healers like klausi said helps. Warrior tank can help out with a last stand/enraged regen but 3 min cd on that so cant be used every feud.

Ion
04-02-2011, 12:20 PM
You should have about 5 seconds (3 globals) between when Feud starts and when it ends. Honestly, you should be priming to heal up your Feud tank on every Massacre which will give you a bit more leeway.

That said, the choice of a disc priest trying to heal up the tank seems ... odd. Especially solo. We have our paladin do most of it with me (Shaman) throwing in a healing surge or two after dropping rains on the raid.

klausi
04-02-2011, 01:47 PM
That said, the choice of a disc priest trying to heal up the tank seems ... odd.
No healing class is capable of healing you from 1 hitpoints to enough to survive the first unmigitated hit solo (~ 130k hitpoints). For 25s you can just rotate Lay on Hands if you have enough paladins for those 4-5 feud phases but this is not a possibility for 10 mans. Our you can use some of your plenty of (external) cooldowns. The options are very limited for 10 mans.

A DK can pop vampiric blood every feud (+15% hp & +25% healing received or +40% healing received), a paladin can time a word of glory + divine protection to assist on the first hit but as a warrior all you can do is use last stand for one feud and enraged regen + avoidance trinket for another. Druids are in a similar boat with rather long cooldowns but they at least got barkskin. And your shieldblock won't be ready for this if you use it on every double attack and keep it for the double attack during feud.

MellvarTank
04-04-2011, 12:03 PM
We burned wings on the tank for the first hit, then the tank burns (shield wall in my case) for the double attack. That should last till the end of feud.

Revolver123
04-06-2011, 11:04 AM
My suggestion is to use a paladin for this and have him use a CD when feud hits after massacre. Warriors are a poor choice to tank during the feud phase.

MellvarTank
04-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Warriors are a poor choice to tank during the feud phase.

uhhhh..... why?

Kerchunk
04-07-2011, 02:27 PM
uhhhh..... why?

Because this guy has some kind of beef with Warriors right now. Read his other posts. He claims Warriors are benched or relegated to add tanking on all HM fights - despite clear evidence that Warriors are tanking plenty of record setting fights out there.

His "in depth analysis" here: http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?73698-Warriors-the-least-desirable-class-in-cataclysm-(PVE) had to be thread-locked because of the ensuing hilarity.

My guess is he's not very good at playing his Warrior so he's convinced himself it's a problem with the class and not his ability to play it. ;)