PDA

View Full Version : DPS elemental shammy aoe

valkrie
04-02-2011, 04:59 AM
ok so here goes. I play my ele shammy in one of the best guilds on dragonblight. Im a pretty solid dps in all single target fights(even high movement). but whenever we run into a aoe part i do little more or even lower dps than i would single targeting im currently just about to try a new spec, So dont place too much emphisis on whet spec im in on armory here is my arm link http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dragonblight/valkrie/advanced im getting very frustrated as to why, and was wondering if anyone else has figured out a good rotation for say the maloriac hc and halfus hc fights.
cheers guys
Valkrie

klausi
04-03-2011, 04:23 AM
In general: If you have no idea what to do just have a look at WoL and search the top 10 parses. What does those shaman do during certain timeframes?

On stationary fights such as Halfus:
place totems (Fire Elemental!) at the tank position
stay on Halfus for interrupt duty and just weave in chainlightning into your regular "rotation" whenever possible
you can try toying around with unleash weapon into fire nova (gylphed) as well as dropping magma totem but the results are pretty underwhelming

For Maloriaks blobs you'll just want to use chainlightning as well and earthquake on the Aberrations -either use lava burst to reliable get clearcast into earthquake or use chainlightning (glyphed for five+ targets) into earthquake