PDA

View Full Version : DPS how to catch up after having a break from WoW?

Grishp
03-29-2011, 01:53 PM
i have always enjoyed raiding but i had to take a break to get college work out of the way. problem is all the guilds who play at my level and are very focused on progression have moved on to heroics and i'm stuck with only hc dungeon gear. what am i supposed to do to catch up join a guild that just don't seem to be aiming for the same goals as me and hope one day to catch up or just wait till valor points are easy to get

i have asked lore this for pst just wanted to see what you guys thought.

not sure if this is where it is ment to go

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/darkmoon-faire/bl%C3%B3%C3%B3dlust/advanced

Loganisis
03-29-2011, 02:05 PM
My suggestion would be look into guilds that perform at the level you want to be at and ask if they have alt runs you can 'prove' you belong in, that's it's just gear that you need.

When 4.1 comes out it will get a little easier, you can farm heroics to get the JP to buy 359 gear as apparnetly (unless I'm behind) there will be a new tier of VP gear released, even though there isn't going to be a new raid.

Until then, make sure you get your VP every day, try to pug what you can. If you PvP, usually the PvP weapons are obtainable upgrades over lower tier PvE weapons to help some.

Maybe others will have better suggestions. Good luck!

klausi
03-29-2011, 02:16 PM
It's pretty easy to be honest: get all reputation epics, maybe buy some boe epics and attend to 'almost' twink/clearruns for 2-3 ids to fill some gaps. Patch 4.1 will be out in some days pleasing you with lots of welfare 351 (52, 53?) epics from ZA/ZG.

And you really don't need full 359 gear to go into heroic raids as a dps. If you happen to be an awesome player you can easily catch up to every guilds worst and medium dps, there's so much room between top notch dps players and the regulars in this addon it's ridiculus.

Grishp
03-29-2011, 02:27 PM
added a link to my armory i do about 13k in raid i have been told thats good for my gear level

Bung
03-30-2011, 08:48 AM
# Missing Ebonsteel Belt Buckle
Engineering:
3 missing tinkers
Jewelcrafting:
1 unused Chimera's Eye