PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Mirror of Broken Images Bis?

dacondor
03-28-2011, 04:04 PM
Hey i was wondering if http://www.wowhead.com/item=62466/mirror-of-broken-images was Bis for Prot warriors, and if so what fights and instances in the fight do you find it most effective?

Destruyen
03-28-2011, 05:50 PM
i wouldn't say it's bis but it is great on certain fights (Nef for crackles, Al'Akir if you have to move away from him and get Electrocuted, Omnitron big fire aoe thing, Chogall shadows and phase 2, etc). yeh you could get away with not having it, but it really makes alot of things a joke. i wear it on my warrior for most fights even if i don't use the resist part, i don't need to wear dual stam trinkets every fight.

SixStringsXD
03-28-2011, 11:40 PM
For many fights it is BiS... and not only for tanks. For some of the top world guilds, they had DPS using it for it's use. As a warrior or paladin you can't really go wrong with it, especially if you use Mastery/magic resist elixirs with it.

kopcap
03-29-2011, 07:13 AM
Its a godsend for warriors.

MellvarTank
03-29-2011, 12:18 PM
It's a great trinket, I recommend it for everyone, not just tanks.

Habba
03-29-2011, 03:52 PM
It's a great trinket, I recommend it for everyone, not just tanks.

Can you elaborate here? Why wouldn't you recommend this for a tank on a fight like Nefarian, Ascendant Council, etc.

Destruyen
03-29-2011, 03:53 PM
Can you elaborate here? Why wouldn't you recommend this for a tank on a fight like Nefarian, Ascendant Council, etc.

what he means is that it's not just a tank trinket, it's a good choice for dps on some fights as well.

Habba
03-29-2011, 04:13 PM
what he means is that it's not just a tank trinket, it's a good choice for dps on some fights as well.

Oh right my fault I misread that statement. Makes more sense now :o

Bovinity
03-29-2011, 04:20 PM
Overhyped, IMO.

For Warriors and Paladin tanks it would be pretty cool, but I couldn't really see healers or DPS using it. Seems like more of an attempt at sacrificing primary stats for the sake of a crutch.

Solemn
03-30-2011, 02:14 AM
Overhyped, IMO.

For Warriors and Paladin tanks it would be pretty cool, but I couldn't really see healers or DPS using it. Seems like more of an attempt at sacrificing primary stats for the sake of a crutch.

While this may be true in non Heroic raids, in Heroic things this trinket can, and does, trivialize many mechanics that are otherwise difficult to work around. Do I think it's necessary 100% of the time? No, but it's strength cannot be ignored in certain encounters. Pre Heroic Omnitron Nerf (When if you had a combination of Magma + Electron) I, and many others, use this trinket in our attempts, even as DPS.

When you're dead, your DPS is 0.

klausi
03-30-2011, 02:47 AM
When you're dead, your DPS is 0.
And to add: not all classes have reliable defensive abilities on a short enough cooldown so for eg a fury warrior you can either wear that trinket or sit out for that boss until it's nerfed/on farm.

Bovinity
03-30-2011, 06:24 AM
And to add: not all classes have reliable defensive abilities on a short enough cooldown so for eg a fury warrior you can either wear that trinket or sit out for that boss until it's nerfed/on farm.

We've never had to sit a fury warrior or any other kind of DPS on any progression kills. The solution is, as always, to play better.

Kerchunk
03-30-2011, 03:15 PM
Seems like more of an attempt at sacrificing primary stats for the sake of a crutch.

What's the difference between a "crutch" and a "tool?" Really interested in a salient reply because I can never wrap my head around this attitude. Are Fire Resist Totems/Auras a crutch? Are potions a crutch? Is Shield Wall a crutch? When does something stop being a useful/clever way to overcome a boss mechanic and start being a crutch?

ironsides
03-30-2011, 03:29 PM
We've never had to sit a fury warrior or any other kind of DPS on any progression kills. The solution is, as always, to play better.

Maybe you didn't but other guilds have. The world first hm ascendant council kill was done with basically all ranged dps, even using alts if need be. And nef they used a ridiculous amount of druids the first time around. People definitely rearrange their raids to make killing bosses easier. And while the answer can usually be *play better* you can't deny that having that resist cooldown can make a huge difference in killing a boss and preventing accidental deaths. I know this week as I work on hm Nef I am going to love popping that cd for crackles.