PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Prot Warrior need help with stats !

holyxthizz
03-28-2011, 12:43 PM
Hey, I have been a PVP warrior my whole life and I am trying to switch it up a little bit now and start tanking raids etc. I just need advice on what I should get more (stats wise) and what I need capped and etc.

Here's my Armory link:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/m%C3%A5cdaddy/simple

Loganisis
03-28-2011, 12:49 PM
It's not perfect, but give the link in my sig a read. Stat priorities for non-hard-mode raiding should get you started.

holyxthizz
03-28-2011, 02:35 PM
That is so much reading couple break it down to me in like a paragraph? lol

klausi
03-29-2011, 01:36 AM
Well you can skip those paragraphs that either bores you or you feel like you don't need to know about them just yet. You should be glad that Loganisis didn't just linked to his armory as reference regarding gemming/enchanting/gearing, claimed the title as the ultimate warrior of the interwebs and reduced the rotation part to "click what flashes" :D

Loganisis
03-29-2011, 11:44 AM
Holy,

Unfortunately, no. Tanking really can't be broken down into a couple of paragraphs. At least not well. I would strongly suggest reading through the primer.

That being said, tanking can be bullet pointed (because understanding why what makes it a longer read).

Tank's job:
* Live
* Piss off the boss
* Position the boss so the raid can deal max damage while taking minimum damage

Gear
* Mastery > (Parry slightly > dodge) > everything else is sucks until hard modes

Gems - Make sure it has mastery - gem for tanking socket bonuses, otherwise +40 mastery

Enchants - Mastery > avoidance > stamina unless tons more stamina.

Rotation -> Opening single target = HT -> Charge + Shield Block -> Shield Slam -> Concussive Blow -> Shockwave
Rotation -> Single target after opening = Shield Slam > Revenge > Rend (if fallen off) > Devastate. Replace Rend with TC if you have 2/2 in B+T. Make sure to work in Concussive Blows and Shockwaves off CD.

Giliandrix
03-31-2011, 08:39 AM
Mastery > Parry > Dodge > Stamina

Reforge all Hit/Expertise to Mastery > Parry > Dodge.

Red Sockets = Fine (Orange)
Blue Sockets = Puissant (Green)
Yellow Sockets = Fractured (Yellow)