PDA

View Full Version : Mage Fire Mage!

Grobud
03-27-2011, 10:20 AM
Hey guys I came here about a month ago with a question about my Arcane rotations and boy did the responses I get help! Well the reason I am here is beacuse those responses didnt need to be more than two sentences long because of the ease of Arcane. So I have now switched to FIRE because I am now raiding and my guild leader has convinced me that fire is going to do more damage than Arcane and it really does. But what I need is a lil help on figuring the best way to go about fighting a mob, (rotation) I would really appreciate the feedback. Now I know I need to keep living bomb up as much as possible but what should the rest of the rotation look like? Thank you so much for your help!

Grobud Silver Hand

Tschus
03-27-2011, 11:30 AM
Usually my opening rotation is living bomb -> scorch -> fireball spam. And then after living bomb explodes, recast it; hot streak proc, pyroblast; have to move, scorch. Remember to use flame orb on cooldown, and time combustion when u have a nice ignite rolling with living bomb and pyroblast dot on your target.

Warboxer
03-27-2011, 12:53 PM
Exactly the same as poster above, that is fire mage.

Griff
03-27-2011, 08:26 PM
There's an addon called 'combustionhelper' that's pretty useful for letting you track your dots and whatnot.

Grobud
03-27-2011, 10:05 PM
Awesome thanks for the reply's. Do I just have to wait for better gear before my DPS goes up? I feel like I should be doing more damage.

Ishamaelazure
03-31-2011, 09:50 AM
yeah my mains a mage arcane MS fire OS and combustionhelper is great will probs see an improvment with that straight away as for the amount of dps your doing and how much you should be doing once you got the rotation right it will come down to gear and the buffs you got especialy in raid can make a big difference link your armory if you want will have a look and see if your set up right if you want
Ishamael

Griff
03-31-2011, 04:29 PM
Fire's a lot about debuff management. You really need to keep up with your dots like living bomb and effectively utilize your procs. And make sure you've got scorch mapped to one of your extra mouse keys - it makes it alot easier to maintain reasonable DPS while you're running hither and yon during raid encounters.

Grobud
04-04-2011, 08:53 AM
That would be really great if you could do that for me. Only thing is I am not sure how to do so. My toons name is Grobud and my Realm is "Silver Hand" Thank you so much for all your help it's really awesome to have this website and people like you on here reading us noob's posts and responding to them. My other problem is my DPS, When I practice on a lv 85 dummy i do 10k-11k DPS but once in a heroics or even regular dungeon I am lucky to be getting 9k. Any advice or will it come up with time and better gear? Thanks again for your help. If you want to e-mail me directly my e-mail is jbyrum@ymail.com.

Ishamaelazure
04-04-2011, 10:04 AM
Right i am getting no results on that name in armory for some reason so will explain how to link it.
go to your char on armory then right click the address bar then off the menu that appears select copy then just come here make a reply right click on it and paste off the menu and thats it

Ishamael

Grobud
04-06-2011, 11:05 PM
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/silver-hand/grobud/simple
I went to battle.net and got to the armory and this is the link that was in the bar. Thanks for your help I hope you get it to work. I will check this tomorrow( Thursday 4/7) (fri4/8)

Ishamaelazure
04-07-2011, 08:33 AM
Right to start get rid of the spirit its no use to you replace the gems and reforge any you can of your gear into hit if needed if not haste or crit same with mastery always put haste and crit before mastery. change your meta gem to 51 intell 3%. Get rid of the +10 stats in shoulders for intel/haste or crit or a mix of them (soz cant remember the names of the gems) change enchant on staff to power torrent or if you cant get that hurricane. and check your hit capped for the boss's your going for if your not thats a priority.
hope that helps

Ishamael

Grobud
04-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Hey what did you mean when you said "check your hit capped for the boss's your going for if not it's priority" Can you describe that for me please Thank you very much for your help.

Insahnity
04-08-2011, 04:51 PM
After making the requested changes...

Go to your character sheet, right hand side, Spells
There should be a line for HIT
Hover your mouse over it. It should pop up a dialog box saying your chance to miss vs

Level 85
Level 86
Level 87
Level 88

Level 88 are raid bosses, level 86/87 are dungeon bosses. 0% hit means you will never miss. What he is trying to say is that if you intend to raid, you need to get the level 88 miss rate to 0% or as close as possible without sacrificing prime stats, like intellect.

Read ElitistJerks Fire Mage Compendium (http://elitistjerks.com/f75/t110326-cataclysm_fire_mage_compendium/) for the basics of being a fire mage, make appropriate changes, THEN ask us for more help. :cool:

Ishamaelazure
04-10-2011, 06:33 AM
thx for clearing that up didnt explain to well soz about that

welfareheals
04-10-2011, 07:56 AM
Living Bomb > Fireball > Once all dots up > Combustion > Scorch on the move > Flame Orb on CD

And make sure to download the addon combustion helper. It has really helped out a lot of mages in my current guild.

Grobud
04-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Oh no prob I appreciate everyones help. And thnks Isham for taking the time to look at my toon in the Armory. Maybe check him out now since I have added some of your suggestions for enchantment. Its amazing I go from doing 9k dps in heroics to 11k just from doing my enchantment a lil diff. Really helped me out thanks so much.

Bonessaw
04-10-2011, 10:14 PM
Hey, another new guy here, well sort of. Anyway have changed from ARC to FIRE in the lastweek or so, so far all i seem to do is check Tankspot, maxdps, wowhead and a few others for info on firespec/rotation. Combustion helper is a MUST and has helped heaps.
If it was not for sites with helpful info i would still be dragging my feet in most dungens.
Anyway this site rocks and all the info on it.