PDA

View Full Version : Warrior HM Cho'gall Adventures

Booi
03-24-2011, 10:44 PM
Okay brief overview:
1) Chogall summons fire elemntal and then absorbs it
2) if the add has 100% health when he absorbs it, he gets 10 stacks of Flaming Destruction (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=93266)
3) if the add has 0% health when he absorbs it, he gets 1 stack of Flaming Destruction (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=93266)
4) So when the boss melees you (including blocks) you take fire damage.

So something here is likely a bug, but i thought i'd post it for the sake of completion.

This combat log is a little deceving. When I call for an add to be absorbed as a 10 stack, I'm on a 400 resistance trinket, shield block, shield wall and mashing spell reflect. (@685 total resistance). With a 0 stack on an add I can do it with only shield block. The benefit of not dpsing the add, is that you can put another 735k damage on the boss instead.

The cooldowns are there just in case he sneaks an attack through in the 1 second of downtime on spell reflection. (turns into a ~65k hit with ~80k resisted). Glyphed for 6 second CD, 5 second uptime.

Here's the kicker: The spell doesn't actually get reflected, which is why it doesn't consume the spell reflection charge. Read as: Spell Reflection doesn't fall off after it "Deflects" a Flaming Destruction attack.

http://i51.tinypic.com/15heno5.png

So first add is a 10 stack with shield wall, shield block, 400 resist and mashing spell reflect.
2nd add is a 0 stack with shield block and mashing spell reflect.

This is kind of interesting:
If you intervene the other tank when cho'gall has flaming destruction, you can spell reflect the fire still. Meaning if you glyphed intervene you could pull out two melees and two fireballs (which then deal 0 damage).

http://i52.tinypic.com/hv0yok.png

Anyways, I'm sure it's either not supposed to be Deflectable, or if it is, it's only supposed to take one tick and actually reflect it. Apparently grounding totem can take all the hits as well (if it's glyphed).

I'm sure this news is pretty old, but I've been out of raiding for a bit... so you're stuck with my ramblings.

Superworm
03-25-2011, 12:51 AM
I know the spell reflect trick, however I didn't know the grounding totem trick. So an unglyphed grounding totem will only absorb 1 hit while an glyphed one will deflect all the Flaming Destruction hits? It looks more reliable as the warrior spell reflect has 1 second downtime.

Booi
03-25-2011, 05:33 AM
I know the spell reflect trick, however I didn't know the grounding totem trick. So an unglyphed grounding totem will only absorb 1 hit while an glyphed one will deflect all the Flaming Destruction hits? It looks more reliable as the warrior spell reflect has 1 second downtime.

It's as reliable as your shamans dropping it, and praying that they never get MC'd during a flame destruction. Another concern with the grounding totem, or even spell reflection. Is if it gets cleared by random shadow bolts with people who have high corruption. A lot of guild's strats revolve around having mages/locks run to 100 corruption early in the fight. Or if the shamans get MC'd, it will likely reflect some random spell and disappear.

Nehama
04-01-2011, 08:34 PM
Works kinda the same with last boss in the Lost City hc [Yea, a bit lower boss in difficulty, I'd say xD]. When he channels the storm into the raid, you can spell reflect his cast for as long as you have it up.

I guess it's something with channeled spells or the like.

Darksend
04-02-2011, 01:13 AM
This was hotfixed (at least grounding totem was) Thursday morning, took us 2 hours to relearn the fight that night.

Also, chogall lost about 12 million health to compensate as blizzard seemed to realize almost every guild killing him used this strategy to completely ignore the fire adds.

Dragaan
04-02-2011, 08:36 AM
I just figured blizz allowed it to be deflected via reflect to compensate for the fact that warriors are the only class w/o a 1min (or less) cooldown to pop for all the flaming destruction buffs, on top of the fact that they have the worst passive magic dmg reduction of all tank classes atm.

Best way we found to deal with the buff is to just have casters toss a dot on the fire add each time, allowing them to basically ignore it but still get it to like 60%ish. I spam reflect and call for a sac to cover the 1sec gap every time. If you don't have 3 paladins like we did, you could use somethin else every other one or w/e.

Bovinity
04-02-2011, 08:44 AM
OR says hi, Sintor!

SintorXI
04-03-2011, 10:14 PM
Hello OR!