fony
03-23-2011, 10:58 AM
On today's LEGENDARY:

Valor Point Changes
New Store Mount
PvP Q&A
and a noticeable lack of tin foil..

hq8%2Bgq3MAgA"

Legendary on Gamebreaker.tv (http://www.gamebreaker.tv/category/legendary) | Follow Gamebreaker on Twitter (http://twitter.com/gamebreakertv)

Ion
03-23-2011, 12:03 PM
Technically if you're a 10 man raider and you ONLY raid, you can get, at most, the same as a "tier 2 heroic" guy...and that's if you're killing Sinestra, so saying "tier 1 heroics guy < tier 2 heroics guy < raider" isn't really accurate...unless 25 man raiders are the only raiders.

Quinafoi
03-23-2011, 02:07 PM
Comment on the minimap target in PvP...

I don't think it will work regardless based on the fact that the absolute position returned by game APIs of a hostile unit can not be resolved. You can only determine the absolute position of a friendly unit. For example, range checks on raid boss encounters. You can tell your range from other players. You can not tell your range from the boss (it can be approximated, but not absolutely determined). I think based on the limitations they already have in the World of Warcraft API it won't work in PvP by default since it won't work on anything that has a hostile reaction to you.

mojusk
03-23-2011, 04:36 PM
hey all!
im lookin forward to the 7rhcs/week instead of 1/day, then you can do em whenever you want to, and you wont miss the 70vp (or whatever) if youre unable to log on some days. it may have some impact on guildxp, but i think it would be silly of a guildmaster to force his guildies to get their cap "screw you!" id say. tbh i dont get why are ppl so obsessed with gettin the guild xp-cap. yes some rewards are convenient or cool, but it wont increase your raidprogression or whatever in any way imo.
but hey! why dont they just do the same with guildxp as with vp? lets be able to get it whenever we want to..

RBGs, yea i kinda agree with you, it shouldnt be pugable. But! i think the reason ppl are askin for it, is because it takes too damn long to get the cp-gear as a casual pvper, since the reward for winning a daily random BG is too small, 25cp.. cmon! they should raise the reward to 100 or even more imo. ofc it shouldnt be as rewarding as rated pvp, but stil..

wtb skype-fix you guys are laggin out aheckofalot!

otherwise, thx for a great show :)

swills
03-23-2011, 08:56 PM
With the Heroic change they really just need to make the Guild XP a weekly cap instead of a daily cap.

That way it doesn't matter when you raid, when you RBG, when people do Heroics, *everything* you do will count towards your Guild XP until the cap.

As a 10-man raider in a small guild it sucks to lose a lot of guild XP over the daily cap on the days where we down 8 bosses, then the next day fall well short of the XP cap because we didn't raid.

Xcuse
03-25-2011, 11:13 AM
Technically if you're a 10 man raider and you ONLY raid, you can get, at most, the same as a "tier 2 heroic" guy...and that's if you're killing Sinestra, so saying "tier 1 heroics guy < tier 2 heroics guy < raider" isn't really accurate...unless 25 man raiders are the only raiders.
Hum... I kinda guess it should look like "tier 1 heroics < tier 2 heroics < raider + some heroics"

ghelyar
03-25-2011, 12:03 PM
RE "random" rated battlegrounds

I don't think they really got the point. When rated battlegrounds were announced I (and I assume many people) were hoping for normal battlegrounds but with matchmaking against ranking.

AFAIK, nobody was talking about joining a completely random battleground where rating is not used at all but you still get a ton of conquest points for it just because you happen to have been on the side that won, even if you joined 5 seconds before the end.

I would love to join a battleground where everyone on my team and everyone on the other team were all roughly the same rating, even if it gave no conquest points (although unlocking some low level items that still require some rating might be nice). I don't want to have to give up raiding to go in search of a good pvp guild to run rated battlegrounds (to be honest I haven't actually seen a single good pvp guild since the launch of cataclysm, let alone one that also raids well).

I would even just prefer if they got rid of the current normal battlegrounds and added a rating matchmaking system into it. Some way of rating performance other than just being on the winning side (capping flags, healing fc, damaging efc, etc) would even help to remove afkers and bots.

I did try joining a couple of pvp guilds who supposedly did rated battlegrounds but generally it meant a two hour or more queue then someone getting bored and leaving the raid group, resetting the queue. Presumably the queue is so long because there's nobody queueing on the opposing faction at the same time. Eventually I just gave up on pvp guilds but it meant that it was 6 weeks into cataclysm before I started raiding.

I love the strategy of battlegrounds over the tiny twitchy deathmatch style arenas but the most reward you could get from them was pretty much the battlemaster title. As far as conquest points go, normal battlegrounds may as well not give any for their daily. 25 conquest points a day mean 1-3 months for a single item, while they are giving them away almost for free for 5 quick arena matches.