PDA

View Full Version : DPS I think I'm ready, what do YOU think?

Hegas
03-21-2011, 01:52 PM
So, I was gone for quite awhile and just recently got back into WoW. I decided to forsake my usual tanking mindset and go TG Fury. After spending a few weeks grinding heroics and finding the best gear I could for upgrades, I think I am ready to start doing raids. Question is, which raid should I be starting at (i.e. Naxx of Cata) and does my gear look like it stacks up for it?

I know the wrist and helmet need to be changed (bad luck with drops), but besides that, I think everything else I have is about the best I am going to get. Everything else I look at besides the boots is a "sidegrade", just a changing of stats. I tried to hit all the minimums I could (8% hit, 26 expertise) and am going to be stacking for mastery also. I been holding off on a lot of the enchants just because I don't want to spend cash on gear I will be replacing.

Armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackhand/hegas/advanced

Loganisis
03-21-2011, 02:16 PM
1. Get the justice point helm.

2. Crit > Mastery > hit past 8%. Don't stack mastery when you can stack crit.

3. Hurricane for your weapons. Weapon chain is weak.

4. Enchant 346s pretty good. You don't need to throw maelstorm crystal enchants at them, but you can usually find the second tier enchant for <40g and you'll have some of the 346s for a while.

Crittable
03-21-2011, 02:47 PM
If you want to start raiding, you should at least enchant your gear. 346's, as Loganisis said, will last you a while. It'll take you a very long time to get your tier pieces and, if you're raiding, you should at least try to max out what you have. I don't mean going overboard with the high end enchants like strength to bracers and landslide to weapons, but some enchant that helps out increasing your damage is better than nothing. I can't tell you how poorly it makes me look upon a raider that doesn't have enchants and at least cata green quality gems in their 346 gear. 333 I understand, luck with drops is not my specialty either. Hell, it took me over a month of farming heroic HoO to get the alpha bracers to drop for me. But at least take care of your 346's.

BTW I didn't look at your gear. Loganisis and others would be better at that than I am. I just wanted to put in my 2 cents on general concerns that I have with others I see.

Hegas
03-24-2011, 09:45 PM
8.5 hrs camping Terborus in Deepholm and I finally grab a decent set of bracers. Wasn't getting anywhere doing heroics trying to get one. Now I need to tweak a bit and get my haste up.. I am finding myself rage starved in fights that are lasting longer than 30 sec or so. By upping my haste, I am getting inmore white attacks, therefore providing more rage, correct? If so, what's the best way of going about it? I know I can drop some hit, I'm at 12% now.

Hegas
03-26-2011, 10:51 AM
Hello? Anyone? Bueller?