PDA

View Full Version : Death Knight Im at a loss

osagewarrior
03-20-2011, 10:14 AM
I have a DW Frost DK and im just getting frustrated all my gear is 346 and above which is to say my item score is 350. I have all my enchants and all gem slots are stacked with plus40 strength red gems and my dps is still way low only getting 6k -8k I have seen dks with less gear doing 14-17k. I have been looking for updated post the newest thing I have found in in 2009 nothing for 2011 any suggestions.

Finbarr
03-20-2011, 10:51 AM
Hate to state the obvious, but you're doing something wrong. First thing that comes to mind is to say make sure you're hit capped. Other than that, we'll need more info to really be of much help... can you give an armory link and say what rotation/priority list you're using?

osagewarrior
03-20-2011, 11:27 AM
MY rotation is outbreak pestilance icy touch obliteratx2 when the ruins are full frost strike till it is depleted horn of winter howling blast. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thrall/osagewarrior/simple. I realy do appreciat all your help. What is my hit cap I have been told two things soft cap is at and hard cap is 25.

Loganisis
03-20-2011, 11:44 AM
Hit capped is 8% for single-weapon wielders, for everything (e.g. if you have a sword and sheild, or a 2h weapon like an axe or polearm)

For Dual wielding like you are there are 2 caps:

8% <-- usually this is the critical one, as when you hit 8% your GCD attacks (also called Yellow or Special attacks) don't miss (though they can still be dodged and parried)

27% <-- This is your 'melee' hard cap. However melee only refers to your auto-attacks (also called white attacks or normal attacks - and even at 27% these can be dodged/parried).

Hit can come from 3 sources:

Racial (Space goats), talents/trees (Fury tree gives 3% hit for example), and rating (the rating on your gear).

You're at 9+% without http://www.wowhead.com/spell=50138

I really don't know much about DKs, but if 8% hit is needed, isn't http://www.wowhead.com/spell=50138 at 3/3 required? Taking 2 points out of mind freeze and the point in Lichborne for that would be good, wouldn't it?

osagewarrior
03-20-2011, 12:04 PM
So take it out from mind freeze and lich borne and put it to nerves of steele ?

osagewarrior
03-20-2011, 12:09 PM
Alright I did as asked thank you

gd_void
03-20-2011, 12:11 PM
Nerves of Cold steel Is a Required talent, If you look a bit further down the tree you'll see an added advantage to having that talent, 'Threat of Thassian which Allows your big DMG Dealers to hit with your offhand. So your offhand Obliterates, Frost Strikes are hitting for 25% less right off the top.

osagewarrior
03-20-2011, 12:14 PM
Thank you guys for the help ill go and see how i do.

osagewarrior
03-20-2011, 12:17 PM
What should my crit be on a dk or link me to a post and ill go there and look i appreaciate it

osagewarrior
03-20-2011, 02:10 PM
it is back to 12k thanks

osagewarrior
03-20-2011, 08:43 PM
I know it is still to low for raids still dont know how to get it anybetter :(

Astalado
03-21-2011, 03:01 AM
i would also recommend you to trade points from endless winter and lichborne to Icy reach (it helps in many situations, f.e. when being to kiting duty as well as giving you more active dps time in numerous situations)

trade away a point from butchery to bladed armor (you are loosing AP because of it, and having more AP is always better then generating 1 runic power per 5 sec while being in battle).

buy 2 glyphs from AH and activate them - Glyph of Blood Boil (better then nothing) and glyph of Blood Tap (taking no damage from it is nice).

you are still overhitcapped and underexpertisecapped, you need to get rid of 2% to hit and get 7 expertise from gear/socket/reforge.

a viable option should be to buy BOE valor points boots (goes around 4-5kg on my server, price is dependant on servers economy)
You should not reforge items to crit, since the stat weightings for DK are not favoring crit (and you traded expertise for crit, while not being expertise capped, not the wisest decision).

try to get +8% hit and 26 expertise, then look for more stats in this priority:

Stat Weights
Strength
Haste
Mastery
Crit
Attack Power

higher is better

In order to be useful in raids you need to do some math and look for best gear/socket/spec/ench options availiable in the current situation.

Thank you for your attention.

Selene
03-21-2011, 06:59 AM
What should my crit be on a dk or link me to a post and ill go there and look i appreaciate it

Crit is worthless to a Frost DK because you generate your own Crits via Killing Machine Procs.
http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t110296-frost_dps_cataclysm_4_0_6_my_life/ is a link that might help.

Riz
03-22-2011, 10:46 AM
i noticed u said your iusing icy touch...a frost DK should be specced withglyph of icy touch and howling blast...Your frost disease does muchmroe dmg, and howling blast willinfect all targets with frost disease...u should never have to use IT as a frost DK..Basically frost is trying to get that Killing machine proc, andRime...Oblit>HB>FS to rp dump!

Prexie
03-22-2011, 11:47 AM
Read, re-read, and then re-re-read the Elitist Jerk's frost thread. It's pretty current for 4.0.6 and will give you more than the basics of Frost DPS.

There's a lot of misguidance from people in here so stick to the advice in that thread as it's still pretty current.