PDA

View Full Version : Priest Am I Ready for Raids

1stormchaser
03-20-2011, 10:08 AM
My Gear

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/kilrogg/huyrdadi/simple

Want to know if my gear is ready for 10 and 25 man?

Any advise is welcomed.

Quinafoi
03-21-2011, 07:39 AM
Since 10 and 25 man are equal in difficulty (relatively speaking), specifying the size is irrelevant.

As far as gear is concerned, you are ready to begin raiding. Your item level is sufficient. You pass the basic character audit (things enchanted, profession bonuses used, gear is spec appropriate). Right now your biggest issue is that you are below the hit cap.

I can make no reference in matter of skill if you are prepared or not for raiding.

Dragonmaw Clan which you are already exhalted with has an upgraded neck piece for you. Guardians of Hyjal should be your current priority for the belt instead of The Earthen Ring since you already have gloves. You should switch your talbard now and finish The Earthen Ring later.

1stormchaser
03-21-2011, 09:56 AM
Thanks but I don't think I should be getting rid of any Haste which is what would happen if I let loose of my neck and belt pieces unless of course Mastery and Crit is what us Shadow Priest need to go with nor will reforging bring me back up.

Quinafoi
03-21-2011, 11:27 AM
Thanks but I don't think I should be getting rid of any Haste which is what would happen if I let loose of my neck and belt pieces unless of course Mastery and Crit is what us Shadow Priest need to go with nor will reforging bring me back up.

Intellect >>>>>>>>>>>> Everything Else

+22 Intellect
+127 Crit
+17 Mastery
+12 Hit

-120 Haste

Assuming you would also reforge Mastery to Hit on the item.

You're saying
120 Haste
is greater than
22 Int + 127 Crit + 17 Mastery + 12 Hit

In many cases since Intellect is so much higher in value than the secondary stats, any upgrade in item level is almost always an upgrade largely due the difference in the Primary Stat. For example for a Balance Druid, Intellect is nearly double the value of Haste which is the next highest stat in priority. While I don't know the exact proportions for a Shadow Priest, I think you will find they are relatively similar. The Primary Stat is designed to be far more important. If for example Intellect was exactly double the value of Haste for you, then you'd be saying 78 Haste > 127 Crit, 17 Mastery, and 12 Hit. Even if Crit is only half the value of Haste, the epic would still be an upgrade.

Don't think... know. You need to research and know the relative value of your stats. I can almost guarentee this item is an upgrade for you without knowing anything about Shadow Priests specifically, just from a general understanding of casters in general.

Quinafoi
03-21-2011, 11:41 AM
From ElitistJerks (though this may be a little out of date, the Shadow Priest info isn't as well maintained as the Druid theorycrafting).
http://elitistjerks.com/f77/t112651-shadow_priest_cataclysm/

Int: 1.0000
SP: 0.7841
Haste: 0.5844
Crit: 0.4480
Mastery: 0.4366
Hit: 0.3930
Spirit: 0.3923 (Just consider Spirit = Hit)

Based on that, Intellect is nearly double the value of Haste. And Crit is about 80% the value of Haste. That would make the item a very large upgrade.

Quinafoi
03-21-2011, 11:45 AM
This isn't to say you shouldn't continue to prioritize items with Haste on it, however you do need to realize the simple and obvious truth...

Intellect is greater than everything else by a substantial margin. And because Intellect is always higher on higher item level items, gear of a higher item level is almost always an upgrade once you run the numbers.

You want to maximize Haste, however not at the expense of Intellect which is your true highest priority.

Kazeyonoma
03-22-2011, 03:38 PM
moved to HALP!