PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Fury warrior in dps need!

Helgebroed
03-17-2011, 02:27 PM
Hello, I've been playing a fury warrior since WOTLK now and I was wondering if anybody can tell me what I might be doing wrong because in a raid my dps is around 10-11k and I've been told that it should be alot higher......
Maybe I am consuming my rage in a wrong way or my stats aren't good, although I thought they where good

My rotation is: BT-RB-BT-CM-HS and slom procs (Heroic strike only when 100 rage)

My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/helgebroed/simple

Ps: on my chest I will have Peerless stats tommorow.....

Tschus
03-17-2011, 03:01 PM
Have a look at TGM's awesome guide: http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?72537-The-Cataclysmic-fury-Warrior-Guide

Loganisis
03-17-2011, 03:32 PM
Reading TGM's guide and then posting more specific questions would be best.

You're TG.

So stats are Hit to 8% > Exp to 26 > Crit > Mastery > Hit from 8.01 - 27% > Haste

You're at 21-something hit (24 with precision from Fury Tree). That's way too much. With HS being nerfed in 4.0.6, top TG DPS is 8% hit and using HS only when rage > 80

Strength is the best stat by far. 1 str = ~2 crit. So giving up strength when gemming is bad. Unless it's equal due to the bonus, always gem pure strength.

Your preferred gear is Crit/Mastery with mastery reforged if you need another stat

Helm - Reforge Haste to Mastery. Get the str/crit damage meta
Neck - Reforge haste to mastery
Shoulders - 40 str gem.
Cloak - Expertise to crit, if you need expertise then where you reforge haste to mastery, reforge it to expertise instead.
Chest - Hit to Mastery. 2 40 Str gems
Wrist - Crit enchant
Gloves - You're already missing the socket bonus, it's not even a str/crit gem. But pure strength is the way to go. 10 crit isn't a big enough bonus (str = 2 crit roughly)
Belt - Yellow = Str/Crit gem, prismatic = 40 str
Legs - Reforge hit to crit, not mastery. 40 str gems in both slots
Boots - 40 str gem. If, after all the reforging, you are still above 8% hit (and you may be) -> Hit to mastery
Nova Band - Reforge hit, not crit, if you need expertise.
Signet - Reforge Haste to Crit
Right Eye - Reforge Hit to Crit
Might of the Ocean - Reforge Hit to crit
Foe Reaper x2 - Reforge Hit to Crit and put Hurricane on it (there really isn't a great wep enchant unless you've got crystals, but hurricane > Avalanche and you're swimming in hit and don't need the disarm protection)
Crossfire - Unforge. If you don't need expertise, reforge it to crit. If you need it, reforge mastery to crit.

Then... and this takes work. Spend half an hour at the training dummy going through your rotation only hitting:

BT - RB - BT - <slam> with HS only if rage is greater than 80 (won't be often) and CS on CD. It's going to be a BIG change so you'll need to spend time getting comfortable with it or you will do worse.

Bung
03-18-2011, 09:09 AM
To put this simply you are about 1 patch behind. Having that much hit was correct prior to the last patch but now you need to change. You want to stack strength with your gems. Stick to mostly +40 str gems. If the bonus is str use str/crit or str/hit to reach it. In terms of reforging what you want to do is stack crit. Following the priority 26 expertise>8% hit>crit>mastery>more than 8% hit>haste. Obviously reforging these in reverse order to net you what is your highest priority is key. If you can increase your strength and crit you will see a huge dps increase.

Helgebroed
03-18-2011, 02:23 PM
DAMN!!!!

I had no idea that i was a patch behind.... Re-gemmed everything now... Kinda shocked by this though. I surfed to many site's but none of them said anything about the change. And I was still trying to get all the hit i can get.....

Gonna let you know how much more dps output I have during a raid. The rotation is very similar to the one I had sow not that hard for me;)

but the enchant on my weapons: (ofcourse landslide later on) Wouldn't it be better to put berserking on them instead of hurricane? Or is haste>AP?

Bung
03-18-2011, 05:01 PM
You are still not maximizing str gems, or the meta str gem. You need to completely reforge. plz re-read my post.

squats
03-18-2011, 05:24 PM
Chest - should be a 40str and a 20str 20 hit gem (you will still get a total of 80str and 20 hit from this.. idk why logan told you otherwise..)
gloves - should be 20str 20crit (this IS a good enough bonus to beat out 40str)
belt- should be 20str 20crit and a 40 str gem
legs - 40str gems only
boots - 40str
shoulders - 40str (dont ever put a multi stat gem in a red socket.. only 40str. its been that way for as long as i can remember)

Your reforging is way wrong.
Haste should be turned into either crit or mastery, always.
get down to around 10% hit. High hit isnt king anymore

you have reforged out of 93 expertise... but you have turned haste and CRIT into 103 expertise.. this makes no sense at all.

your rotation should be
start the fight with poping berzerker rage
CS->RB->BT->slam HS when you feel you can.. you will get the hang of it.

Loganisis
03-18-2011, 06:25 PM
Squats - I thought everything pointed to 1 str = 2 crit, so how would 40 str < 20 str + 30 crit?

squats
03-18-2011, 06:52 PM
Squats - I thought everything pointed to 1 str = 2 crit, so how would 40 str < 20 str + 30 crit?
Its a bit misleading to weigh stats like that.
He has so little crit that the increased crit and the increase to flurry uptime would be better than the 20 str he would get from that. almost say that str/mastery gem would be just as good.. but id have to run that thru simcraft... and i dont wana.

Loganisis
03-18-2011, 07:47 PM
But wouldn't proper reforging from hit back into crit bring him back up to the range of 20% crit, which would be more in line with with more standard builds?

squats
03-18-2011, 08:10 PM
But wouldn't proper reforging from hit back into crit bring him back up to the range of 20% crit, which would be more in line with with more standard builds?

yeah prolly.

Helgebroed
03-19-2011, 03:11 AM
Chest - should be a 40str and a 20str 20 hit gem (you will still get a total of 80str and 20 hit from this.. idk why logan told you otherwise..)
gloves - should be 20str 20crit (this IS a good enough bonus to beat out 40str)
belt- should be 20str 20crit and a 40 str gem
legs - 40str gems only
boots - 40str
shoulders - 40str (dont ever put a multi stat gem in a red socket.. only 40str. its been that way for as long as i can remember)

Your reforging is way wrong.
Haste should be turned into either crit or mastery, always.
get down to around 10% hit. High hit isnt king anymore

you have reforged out of 93 expertise... but you have turned haste and CRIT into 103 expertise.. this makes no sense at all.

your rotation should be
start the fight with poping berzerker rage
CS->RB->BT->slam HS when you feel you can.. you will get the hang of it.
Did you check me again before posting this? cause my reforging has been changed since the first comment I got. But thanks for the RE-RE-gemming :-D can you please check me again now that everything has changed?

And any new enchant for my boots? untill lavawalker?
but for my weapons: should I use the berserking enchant over hurricane?

klausi
03-19-2011, 03:31 AM
Use hurricane, it can procc three times at once (weapon 1, weapon 2 and heals via bloodthirst/enraged regen/bloodcraze) while Berserking ppm is limited over lvl 80.

And why exactly did you gem for hit? Red 40 strength, Blue 20 strength/20 hit and yellow 20 strength/20 crit. With your amount of hit you must be drowning in rage :D

Helgebroed
03-19-2011, 03:51 AM
i have 14.18 % hit now and 18.38 crit chance.
Enchant is done on weapons now.

what do you mean about the gemming? why I had hit gems or why I still have two 20 strenght/20 hit ones?

squats
03-19-2011, 04:07 AM
please actually log off with /logout
if you alt+f4 it doesnt update the armory. you still have the same crap on the armory.

Helgebroed
03-19-2011, 04:32 AM
please actually log off with /logout
if you alt+f4 it doesnt update the armory. you still have the same crap on the armory.
ok, didn't know this: CHANGED. should be updated now....

squats
03-19-2011, 04:56 AM
everything looks good but your shoulder reforging.
If you keep the expertise on your shoulders and just dont reforge them, you can turn the haste on your gloves/ring into mastery.

Helgebroed
03-19-2011, 04:59 AM
everything looks good but your shoulder reforging.
If you keep the expertise on your shoulders and just dont reforge them, you can turn the haste on your gloves/ring into mastery.

ah yeah you'r right. Well did it sow I think that this should be it. can't wait to raid;) thanks everyone!

squats
03-19-2011, 05:05 AM
No problem.