PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Avoidence help.

Duneheart
03-16-2011, 08:50 PM
Hiya. Just looking for some info on how I can improve my gear, without losing to much threat generation. I'm normally Off-Tanking Halfus, Maloriak, and sometimes Chimaeron.

Any Advice would be useful, where it be gear to try to attain, or anything else.

My Armory link : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodhoof/duneheart/advanced

And I have parses On Worldoflogs Under Edge of Insanity Bloodhoof US

Lumines
03-17-2011, 06:51 AM
Could you point out a log where you're tanking, please? Preferably a boss rather than adds. I had a look through but you seem to be Ret most of the time.

I ask because you have excessively high levels of hit and expertise, which suggests you have threat issues. Threat should be a non issue - even at extremely low levels of hit and expertise - if you're executing your rotation correctly, and I can't tell that without a boss parse tanking issue.

Duneheart
03-17-2011, 12:28 PM
I honestly dont have a Boss parse :X Im always on adds, which is why I have mt Hit and Expertise up so high. Threat isnt an issue single target at this stage, but since ive joined this new guild I havent had a single oppurtunity to MT an encounter.

Contravene
03-17-2011, 04:41 PM
I didn't get to see your gear before you logged out in ret but why so much expertise to hold threat? Do you think you can be delayed on casting taunts by lag or something? If there is delay in casting Righteous Defense, Hand of Salvation you can't get the adds as easily. As time passes it becomes harder and harder so if you are slow to react I can see expertise helping out here. If you are lagged it can't be helped except maybe SnowFall Key Press and maybe predicting your casts before hand.. In the beginning I had to explore several methods of casting RD/Salvation before I found one that flowed seamlessly with 0 time lost but I have an awesome internet connection.