PDA

View Full Version : Legendary: Episode 20 - BOTS BEWARE

Lore
03-16-2011, 06:10 PM
hq8%2BgqvucgA

Legendary on Gamebreaker.tv (http://www.gamebreaker.tv/category/legendary) | Follow Gamebreaker on Twitter (http://twitter.com/gamebreakertv)

ShinryuDK
03-16-2011, 07:41 PM
Love the show, keeps me up to date on all things WoW.
Shinru/A/Malfurion

clvsutil
03-16-2011, 08:22 PM
I see players doing more PvP at Twilight Highlights and Tol Barad. Sometimes is pure ganking, sometimes 1x1 basically. And players raided a lot an enemy capital to get the achieve for killing an enemy king. They don't do that anymore, not so often. Only for revenge.

Maverickroll
03-16-2011, 10:08 PM
So is Lore in a new studio of his own, or is he there with Gary? Last I remember, Gary was West Coast, Lore was East.

Either way, at least Lore isn't using his 8bit connection, no more pixelated webcam lol ;)

spaace
03-16-2011, 10:23 PM
Tol Barad is usually a war zone. Groups of 5+ doing dailies killing everything and everyone. It's just not really as popular as Isle of Quel'Denas(?) was..

Gromblee
03-17-2011, 03:07 AM
Yeah, Tol Barad on my server is heavy pvp area. When the horde lose they run in packs to gank allies. I have been there when all the aillies raided up to run the Horde off. Most people I see out in the world are there for quests and will not pvp uless provoked.... they got their quests to get done.

Ion
03-17-2011, 10:04 AM
A FEW WEEKS? 20% SMALLER?!

The shoulders were like that for an entire patch cycle...it was 3 months. And it was male orcs using the female orc shoulder model...it was probably half the size.

Kazeyonoma
03-17-2011, 11:16 AM
lol, i went insane when my shoulders got shrunk, that was bullshit =P and yes, the shoulders stayed small (i think they made ours as small as blood elves) for an entire patch cycle like Ion stated. it was like 33% of the size, it was smaller than female orcs (i compared in screenshots when it happened).

Artifice
03-17-2011, 01:04 PM
This blog has some interesting points about bots and Blizzard.
http://daeity.blogspot.com/2010/08/blizzard-loves-botters.html

I hate to tinfoil hat things, but from a business perspective...it makes a ton of sense as a revenue stream.

Rennadrel
03-17-2011, 09:08 PM
Tol Barad for the dailies outside the actual battle zone is a joke. So much for it actually being a PvP zone, on PvE servers players are not flagged unless they are participating in the battle itself. So basically you can run around and never get ganked which defeats the purpose of contested zones. I loved Isle of Quel'danas myself, it was a great zone with a lot better rewards, but it did come with the last actual raid tier of content which made a lot of the rewards far better for certain players. I wish this model was how they did JC patterns, requiring reputation and marks to purchase new patterns as opposed to just doing dailies, it may be more gating in order to get the top end patterns, but I think the point of getting the best items should require more effort.

redraven937
03-17-2011, 11:20 PM
The problem with rewarding open-world PvP is that it would get gamed hardcore. Kill enemy faction for the dog-tags or whatever? Jump into a Horde vent and trade kills near a GY somewhere. Ergo, open-world PvP cannot give you more honor than BGs or else less people would be queuing for BGs. If open-world gives you less honor (like it does now, usually), then... why do it? The faction leader thing sounds good on paper, but it is basically "rich get richer" on the wide swath of unbalanced faction population servers out there.