PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Some Advice on gear

djstorman
03-15-2011, 08:36 AM
So I just finished getting the last piece of my gear from 5-man Heroics yesterday. I have been tanking BWD and BOT but still wanted to make sure I had the best gear I could get from 5-man Heroics. I Know I am missing some enchants on the new stuff I got, however I wanted to hear some advice on
#1 Gemming
#2 Reforging
#3 Should Yellow sockets be straight Mastery Gems?

Any help would be welcome, thank you in advance

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/shadowmoon/airmaniron/advanced

Loganisis
03-15-2011, 10:15 AM
1. Gemming (unless you're working on hard modes)

Yellow = Mastery
Blue = Mastery/Stam -> unless socket bonus is DPS - then mastery
Red = Parry/Mastery -> unless socket bonus is DPS - then mastery

2. Reforging

A) Has mastery? If no, reforge haste/hit/exp/(dodge/parry) in that order to mastery.
B) If yes - Has Dodge/Parry? If no, reforge it to Dodge/Parry (keeping dodge ~2.5% lower than parry)
C) If yes, meaning it's ideal Mastery/(Dodge/Parry) gear, then only reforge if you need to in order to keep parry ~2.5% higher than dodge.

Loganisis
03-15-2011, 10:33 AM
So that's to your original question. Now, others...

You're missing a belt buckle, 2 tinkers, and the 3 JC gems. Also 3 enchants.

Your 3 talent points in bloodcraze aren't helping you much. Deep wounds would be a better spot for them.
1 point in Impending victory isn't giving you much. Any healing you save the healers from it is probably going to be made up by putting that point in Cruelty, or take 2 points out of gag order too and going 3/3 incite, with as often as we hit HS, that will be a decent boost.

Others will disagree, but Thunderstruck is really a redundant talent if you play your class well on all but raid boss. The splash damage on mobs outside of skull and then x in trash pulls from normal rend (B+T), cleave, and revenge will put you far enough ahead that the others won't be able to catch you by the time skull and X are down. I suggest this because the 2 points there in Cruelty will give you better single-target threat (and is wonderful when it leads to a SS crit with SB up on the pull).

Something to think about.

I'd also replace one of your BS/CS glyphs with Intimidating Shout - it's rarely going to be a life-saver, but with few enough AoE tools, glyphed Intimidating Shout with a sudden group of adds wouldn't be a bad thing at all.

Don't forget to look at your trinkets too when looking for stats to reforge into Mastery.

djstorman
03-15-2011, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the quick response, appreciate the help.