03-11-2011, 05:46 PM
7vTRmzTeoUI

This week:

How many officers is too many?
Why the Healbot hate?
What's up with Ragnaros' new look?
Is WoW DOOMED?
and more!

Follow me on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/devolore) or Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/devolore)!

Bashyou
03-11-2011, 07:29 PM
This was posted March 11, 2011 - 7:46 PM Right now its March 11, 2011 - 7:28 PM where i am.
ITS FROM THE FUTURE!!!

Madyrn
03-11-2011, 11:09 PM
This was posted March 11, 2011 - 7:46 PM Right now its March 11, 2011 - 7:28 PM where i am.
ITS FROM THE FUTURE!!!

Lore is just that uber yo. He's just that uber.

GM_Runefaust
03-12-2011, 12:18 AM
Good show, ol' man!

Gigawatz
03-12-2011, 12:47 AM
Rofl, "Just like I don't really have a reason to hate the alliance... (long pause) ... Lok'Tar."

Well played, sir. I have a few former guild mates that went alliance (I always have - and always will be Horde) when our guild disbanded at the end of WotLK (due to a very competitive and annoying fellow officer famous for One-upping you and vent interruptions) and I could not find a good explanation of why I was annoyed that they were alliance now... I just... Hate the alliance... I don't know why. Basically they wanted me to transfer one of my 85's to their alliance server to play with them - but I just did not have the heart to do it.

uglie
03-12-2011, 03:22 AM
I just see alliance as annoying lil npc's and nothing more. When I first started playing I rolled horde and after a short while decided to check out the "npc" side of the game, Yeah never completed the opening cinematic.

Katzazi
03-12-2011, 04:47 AM
The officer question: There are many different kinds of guilds. If it's only a guild with one 10man raid, 10 officers are way too much. At least if they interefere with the raid. But there are also guilds running multiple 10 mans, maybe 10 officers is low for such a guild.

I think every raid (if you have multiple ones) should have one person who feels responsible for the raid (Raid Leader) in most cases such a person would be an officer in a guild. But at least this person should be the one who should be able to actually make important decisions for this raid or be included into such decisions.

Than there should be at least another person who should be able to do the raid-leading for every raid. That can be someone with other responsibilities. If such a person should be an officer should depend on the importance of the raid for your guild.

At least if you have one 25man raid or multiple 10man raids it's a good idea to have role officers. They may not be needed to be present in every single 10man but it's good to have someone who coordinates the ranged / healers even in a singel 10 man run and it's good if at least some of this duty is coverd by someone not beeing the RL.

But for a guild, there may be other important tasks / people who could result in an Officer rank. There can be one for integrating new players into the guild. One for guild bank and farm organization, one for website and other technical stuff. One for PVP stuff. One mediator who steps in if people start to fight with each other. Another to coordinate recruting. All this may be important tasks for the guild, even if not important for the raid. If the guild is big enough (and that's much more than 10 people) it's a good idea to have some guild officers for stuff like that.

However, never confuse guild and raid. So many people confuse those two things. Guilds have another focus than raids, even if they are raid-guilds. There is much more about a guild than only raiding. And raids can also go beyond guild boarders. People responsible for raids should only have a say conserning the raids (if they don't have a second hat for a guild responsiblity) and wise versa. Officer ranks should represent this.

Banhammer72
03-12-2011, 04:50 AM
I too have been recently scarred, but not permanently as I am not some thin skinned as some people it seems by the VAST numbers of players whom assume "leetness" and then have the cheek to blame the "bad players" in the LFG system!. I lost count of the players who it seems are soooooo leet they still end up pugging with us mere mortals in the excellent LFG system.

I do not have a solid group to run with and I do like to run instances so the LFG tool is an epic godsend for me and many, MANY of my friends and people who play in general. To be honest the "bad" swings both ways, I seen as many players who make epic mistakes and I have seen "leet" players who seem to think they are to good to wait for the tank to pull or the Healer to get mana back, shoot off and pull a pack, get killed, wipes the party, call us all noobs and leave.

I did my raiding back in the Molten and ZG days. These days I cannot devote the time I would need to raid so I don't but I do PUG the LFG system. With my Paladin I tanked normals and Heroics all through Wrath of the Lich King and I have levelled new toons using the LFG tool too with great success.

Do you think Blizzard should introduce a tutorial which explains to these players of such epic skill that us "LFG pugs" are only Human and no where near as good as the Leet players think they are? Well they don't need to make a tutorial but a basic guide to humility and common sense would be a start, so a note to you leet players - remember your in our Territory now, play nice!

Something to bare in mind next time you get a PST from a player who's lofty pedestal amongst the gods has left him feeling so lonely he feels the need to come back to Earth to pug!

Chaoslux
03-13-2011, 01:39 PM
Just for you Lore:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16123728/Silly/PogoRag.jpg

Razilius
03-13-2011, 02:22 PM
just for you lore:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16123728/silly/pogorag.jpg

That's awesome! Haha

Marke522
03-14-2011, 07:16 AM
LMAO, I can't believe he actually said "Durp!!"

He is right though, as people become better geared, the LFG will become easier; and as better players aquire better gear, they will be able to cover up the mistakes that are made. ie: as the non-experience player stands in fire, the geared healer doesn't bother to tell them to move, just heals through it. I remember being so well geared by the end of WotLK, that we could actually finish the 5 man randoms before the LFG debuff timer. xD So to make the next run more challenging, tank with a chef hat and a 15 pound trout. /SLAPS with fish.

wow1gameavision
03-17-2011, 01:18 AM
I totally hit that High Five. Yeah. Illustrious Grand Master Leet fiving skill.