PDA

View Full Version : What do you drink when you play?

Meshuggah
03-11-2011, 05:32 PM
Alcoholic: Makers Mark Whiskey, anything Shiner Beer Company makes, Sam Adams specialty brews, Belgian ales (i.e. Three Philosophers), Kirin Ichiban, SoCo and lime, shots of sake, Irish Car Bombs (depends on what I a doing. Not recommended for raiding. lol).....and that's all I can think of for now.

Non-Alcoholic: Dr. Pepper, Water, Oolong Tea. Only for those long raiding nights. :)

I need some new ideas for potential game enhancers. What do ya drink?

Apocalypstix
03-11-2011, 05:43 PM
Water, Milk, OJ, sometimes fruit drinks too.

raynman
03-11-2011, 10:29 PM
Water and hot tea, preferably Earl Grey.

Naka
03-12-2011, 01:10 AM
Flensburger, red wine or japanese green tea. And listening to Meshuggah. ;)

Gromblee
03-12-2011, 01:46 AM
water, Diet Coke, Diet Dr. Pepper, or Newcastle ale.

Aggathon
03-12-2011, 03:10 AM
Back in my old guild, <Probably Drunk>, we had a guild drinking game where during a boss fight we would have to drink a beer, then we would have to drink another beer while clearing the trash to the next boss. Once in naxx, we got "shocking" or whatever the achievement was for thaddius for doing it perfectly while we were all hammered, then wiped on the trash to 4 HM because we were just way too drunk to continue.

Good times with that guild, good times.

Meshuggah
03-12-2011, 07:44 AM
@Naka: Hell yeah!

@Agg: Brilliant! I wonder how hard Nefarion will be while we are hammered. Looks like next week just got more interesting.

I see a lot of teas in here. Oolong and Green Tea are great for long nights. Sometimes, an ice cold Shiner Bock gets the raid juices flowing though.

Destruyen
03-12-2011, 11:27 AM
sweet tea and koolaid (fruit punch flavor)

Krenian
03-14-2011, 08:17 AM
When I used to raid, I had my huge 500ml can of Red bull + a NOS waiting for me.

Those days are gone since I raid but the can of Red Bull stays. Nowadays even that thing doesn't phase me as much...I drink water as well. No pop; pop is evil.

Toushiro
03-14-2011, 08:20 AM
Pepsi, Monster or milk, all depends if I'm sitting down with dinner when I start raiding or not, or what I have to drink.

Scotteq
03-14-2011, 08:31 AM
Coffee in the morning

Water through the day

Scotch (taking suggestions for the next bottle) when I don't have to work the following day.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Theotherone
03-14-2011, 11:16 AM
Coffee in the morning.

Nothing in the evening normally, but sometimes, I'll have a San Pellegrino Aranciata, basically orange soda but better.

Meshuggah
03-14-2011, 11:58 AM
I have been known to drink coffee before raids when we are going to do nothing but heroic attempts. Being alert > being drunk during H Magmaw.

Meshuggah
03-14-2011, 12:00 PM
When I used to raid, I had my huge 500ml can of Red bull + a NOS waiting for me.

Those days are gone since I raid but the can of Red Bull stays. Nowadays even that thing doesn't phase me as much...I drink water as well. No pop; pop is evil.

I had to stop drinking them so much. I usually have Red Bull at work if I can't wake up, but it's starting to get to the point where I don't like it. Is it sad that I used to just like the flavor? haha.

Ion
03-14-2011, 12:15 PM
Coffee in the morning

Water through the day

Scotch (taking suggestions for the next bottle) when I don't have to work the following day.

Coffee or diet dr pepper in the morning (aka, weekends)...not much of anything through the day...maybe another coffee/soda.

Scotch is a fine choice, except (as someone mentioned) before hardmodes...I generally like Islay scotches. I currently have a bottle of Ardbeg which is nice, but it's a 10 year that costs as much as most 12-15 year old scotches. I had some Bruichladdich (pronounced "brook-laddy") recently which was also quite nice. I've also had Lagavulin (pronounced "lag-a-vool-in", which I've only found in 16 year old, so it's a bit pricier) which was pretty amazing.

I generally love Highland Park too (though they're Orkney, not Islay)...the 12 year is fine, but I have been known to get the 18 year as well.

As for a next-bottle recommendation: Highland Park 12 if you're looking for something fairly cheap but really good, Lagavulin if you're willing to spend a bit more and Highland Park 18 if you're willing to spend even more :o

Doc309
03-14-2011, 12:16 PM
mostly hienekens... pace pace pace.

Krenian
03-14-2011, 12:24 PM
I had to stop drinking them so much. I usually have Red Bull at work if I can't wake up, but it's starting to get to the point where I don't like it. Is it sad that I used to just like the flavor? haha.

This is exactly why I drink em now. It's because I enjoy the flavor. The buzz of it doesn't affect me as much. Coffee is also much less potent. My system just has gotten so used to the intake.

...now this makes for wicked headaches when I don't drink anything on Sundays...or maybe it's just me gaming for 10+ hours on my PC. I forget.

Scotteq
03-14-2011, 12:28 PM
As for a next-bottle recommendation: Highland Park 12 if you're looking for something fairly cheap but really good, Lagavulin if you're willing to spend a bit more and Highland Park 18 if you're willing to spend even more :o

Thank you for the recommendations!

Currently nearing the bottom of a 15 y/o Macallan. Hardly imaginative, but it's widely available where I live and has become what I compare everything else to. I don't mind spending since I usually sip slowly, so a bottle lasts a while. I will definitely look into that 18 y/o Highland Park!

1boxman
03-16-2011, 09:48 AM
Alcoholic: Makers Mark Whiskey, anything Shiner Beer Company makes, Sam Adams specialty brews, Belgian ales (i.e. Three Philosophers), Kirin Ichiban, SoCo and lime, shots of sake, Irish Car Bombs (depends on what I a doing. Not recommended for raiding. lol).....and that's all I can think of for now.

Non-Alcoholic: Dr. Pepper, Water, Oolong Tea. Only for those long raiding nights. :)

I need some new ideas for potential game enhancers. What do ya drink?

Well Drink....Crown ..of coarse .

But for the best results... after a few ...Lights out .....stereo headphone ..good volume ....:D;)

NewfieDave
03-20-2011, 01:21 PM
Coke and/or water. Usually more than a liter of it over the course of a raid night. Gotta stay hydrated, especially after a few pre-raid left-handed cigarettes.

Janvs
03-23-2011, 03:37 AM
Coffee in the morning.

Nothing in the evening normally, but sometimes, I'll have a San Pellegrino Aranciata, basically orange soda but better.

idd... better! but that makes me burp too much and on vent no one can listen other but me then XD
I sit with vanilla/strawberry "tea" (yeah, not a proper tea, but how it's called).

Naph
03-30-2011, 08:09 PM
Tea, earl grey, hot.

Kazeyonoma
04-01-2011, 01:47 PM
anything with vodka, and/or a good beer.

and diet snapple teas =P

Swam
04-17-2011, 11:37 PM
Tea, earl grey, hot.

ok picard....

Jack and coke for me!

Meshuggah
04-18-2011, 05:38 PM
Just tried Shiner Ruby Seasonal (9/10) and Old Rasputin (8/10). I recommend the first to eat with burgers. The second is a burger in liquid form...

Goros
04-18-2011, 05:38 PM
Guinness.

Ion
04-18-2011, 05:49 PM
Old Rasputin is like 9% abv...pretty beefy to drink while playing.

I recently tried Raging Bitch from Flying Dog it's pretty good but fairly strong too (8.3%)...I really liked their spring seasonal so I had to fire into their anniversary ale...they seem pretty solid. Wrong coast though...

Hyperfish
04-19-2011, 09:40 AM
Ale, mainly Abbot Ale or Hobgoblin, (Hobgoblin is far more intune with the Horde side anyway :P).

About 4 or 5 limbers me up, anymore then that and I have a button to mute myself :P. Also thats like once a week, when I was on a four day schedule for raiding I really didn't need rampant alcoholism to add to my list of problems :)

Hyperfish
04-19-2011, 09:42 AM

I recently tried Raging Bitch from Flying Dog it's pretty good but fairly strong too (8.3%)...I really liked their spring seasonal so I had to fire into their anniversary ale...they seem pretty solid. Wrong coast though...

Sounds like Duvell, a couple of them will blow your head off :P

Naka
04-19-2011, 10:17 AM
Man, I'm disgusted just by reading all that. I advice you to get some german beer over there. :rolleyes:

Ion
04-19-2011, 10:40 AM
Man, I'm disgusted just by reading all that. I advice you to get some german beer over there. :rolleyes:

I know too many germans to take anything a german says seriously about beer...there's a german not 10 meters from me who filled our office fridge with bud light.

There's some fine german beer...but there's more good belgian and american beer (probably british too). Lager is a blight brought upon the world by germans.

Insahnity
04-19-2011, 11:05 AM
+1 for the single malt drinkers.

Ion has great taste in scotch. I've got a Lagavulin Distiller's edition (still 16 year old, just the Master Distiller hand picks some casks and makes a special edition every year), a High Park 12, and a Glen Breton (Krenian, take note!). I've polished a few other bottles with friends along the way (McCallum, Scapa, Oban, Bowmore 12 or 18, Glen Morangie in various varieties, Dalwhinnie, Talisker, and many more in bars rather than bottles), and it truly is a great thing to appreciate.

But Alas, I never drink scotch when I raid. Coke, Juice, Water, that sort of thing, mainly Coke for the caffeine.

Damango
04-19-2011, 02:53 PM
Low Carb stuff - Like "low carb Solo" or "sprite Zero" i stay away from coke Zero caus i have a white teeth thing going on :D

Meshuggah
04-22-2011, 07:59 AM

Mmmmm......Belgian Ales......*drool* I'll definitely give that a go.

DeseDK
04-22-2011, 08:59 PM
A caesar. Here is my recipe. No, this is NOT a bloody marry, or whatever. That's made from tomato juice.

- Fill a glass (I use a tall beer glass) 1/2 way with ice.
- 1 shot of Vodka. Polar Ice!
- 3 dashes of Frank's Caesar spicer
- 6 dashes of worcestershire sauce
- dash of caesar salt
- 1 teaspoon of pickle juice.
- 3 cracks of fresh pepper
- 3 cracks of fresh salt
- Fill glass with Mott's Clamato Original Casear
- Then ROLL the contents 4 times. Roll meaning: pour into one glass, and then back into your original glass. This allows for better mixing than stirring.
- Salt the rim (if you want)
- Garnish with pickled asparagus and a slice of pickle
- ENJOY!

I usually have 2 or 3 of these during the course of a 3 hour raid.

Naph
04-25-2011, 06:38 PM
ok picard....

At last someone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2IJdfxWtPM

Arquandole
05-03-2011, 11:14 AM
Alcoholic Beverages: Shiner, Blue Moon, Asahi (yum!) Heineken

Non-Alc: Coffee (choc. chip cappuccinos ftw) Orange Juice, Strawberry Protein Shakes (deliciously evil)

I have a strange accordance to drink differently each time i log :p I'm strange

Musclebound
05-03-2011, 03:14 PM
Alcoholic : Jack and Coke, no question.

Otherwise i drink Iced Tea, lemonade or Coke depending on my mood. I've tried to cut back on my soda intake.

Dumbeez
05-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Water and nothing other than water.

I retired from Soda over 7 years ago.

Meshuggah
05-13-2011, 10:38 AM
I made a snakebite for the first time last night. Simply amazing.

- Fill half the cup of Hard Apple Cider(Hornsby's, Woodchuck, Strongbow)
- Take a stirring spoon and place it right above the cider
- Pour Guiness or Murphy's Irish Stout onto the spoon so that it doesn't mix with the cider on bottom. Raise spoon to keep it above the rising beer, obviously.

When done, the top half will be dark and the bottom will be light. The flavors will exchange, and it tastes great. If you don't like Guiness, the cider gives it a new taste.

justinlee
07-24-2011, 11:25 PM
fruit juice or water. When I start raiding, I will drink a little , cuz I was nearly talk with others all of the time.

Fetzie
07-25-2011, 02:18 AM
Fizzy mineral water mostly. If not raiding, then beer. If just jacking around with guildies doing pvp or farming trash in firelands then maybe a glass of single malt.

And btw, Pilsener lager is, as the name suggests, a type of lager that originated in Pilsen. Which is not in Germany. It is in the Czech Republic (the locals call the place Plzen).

Rystrave
07-25-2011, 09:53 AM
Coors Light or Caesars. Or if I'm raiding, water.

SinjiTheInvisible
08-08-2011, 10:32 PM
Sundrop, Dr. Pepper, Full Throttle, Mike's, whatever I have handy, as long as it's not healthy. lol

Meshuggah
08-09-2011, 07:45 AM
Just heard about a new drink called "The Godmother". 1 ounce vodka, one ounce Amaretto over ice. Mix and enjoy.

Sam Adams Summer Ale is also on the menu this week.

Charon
08-30-2011, 06:35 AM
I constantly alternate giant mug of coffee (I rock a 32 oz mug), 1 liter bottle of water, and a glass of OJ. Unless I'm feeling either rich (Black Butte Porter) or like getting HAMMERED (SHNOOTER-BOMBS! The shot is 1 part root beer schnapps, 1 part whip vodka dropped into Black Butte Porter. Tastes like a cup of really well creamed/sweetened coffee!). If I'm ballin' out of control, Jameson on the rocks.

SilvarusLupus
12-13-2011, 05:42 PM
Water and Coke. Sometimes Sunny Delight if I have any.

leethaxor
12-15-2011, 10:13 AM
If I'm playing seriously water. I normally manage to drink about 16oz of water per hour of raiding, this leads to a lot of bio breaks but normally isn't that much of a problem.

Fetzie
12-16-2011, 03:02 AM
Sometimes Sunny Delight if I have any.

You do know what they put in Sunny Delight don't you? I don't drink it for exactly that reason :)

woodyman
12-16-2011, 04:25 AM
are raiding team are mostly alcaholics. i usually go with some nice ales. Hobgoblins, Bishops finger, Occasionaly a nice bottle of red. Our raids usually end when someone can no longer see the keyboard properly.
It does tend to slow our progress somewhat but we sure have a lot of laughs doing it.

leethaxor
12-16-2011, 02:59 PM
You do know what they put in Sunny Delight don't you? I don't drink it for exactly that reason :)

Mark that vice versa :P

Fetzie
12-16-2011, 03:02 PM
The amount of oils and additives they put in Sunny D to give it that smooth texture is truly frightening.

leethaxor
12-16-2011, 03:04 PM
The amount of oils and additives they put in Sunny D to give it that smooth texture is truly frightening.

I know. But its so good.

Leucifer
12-16-2011, 03:06 PM
Coffee....... as black as my heart.

Mustache
12-16-2011, 03:16 PM
I dont drink too often when I play anymore, but back in my vanilla/bc days we regularly had drinking games while raiding. My personal favorite was when we decided to take a shot every time a mage died.. 8 mages in the raid x 3 wipes on vael = blacked out by drakes, asleep on the floor during chromaggus. Sometimes I still will go thru a bottle of Jager, or whatever other random liquor is in my cupboard, but I tend to not get very much done, outside of getting sloshed. Also, marguaritas are my trusty standby from about april - august. Yum.

anikaj
04-03-2012, 02:35 AM
Just water, my throat got dry easily (you know the intense when playing lol) when I drink juice,.

Ltranger
06-25-2012, 11:52 PM
I drink anything from Sam Adams to captain and coke or jack and coke whilst playing. Usually pregame ;) then drunk by the end of ultraxion. Some how I still do well tanking...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Killgroup
07-30-2012, 02:09 PM
Water or green tea. Sometimes smoothies depending on time of day or pure fruit juice.

Dargoth
07-31-2012, 04:43 AM
Scotch.
Scotch + tanking = fun

Ion
07-31-2012, 09:42 AM
Scotch.
Scotch + tanking = fun

Generic answer is generic.

What KIND of scotch?

Dargoth
07-31-2012, 12:26 PM
Generic answer is generic.

What KIND of scotch?

Being how I don't get to spend much on my alcohol I go with a blended scotch. Mostly JW Black being as it's not too pricey.

Gaqua77
10-08-2012, 12:49 AM
Fruit Juice, Squash or Ice Tea..........
No hard drinks, I hate them. They are awful & bitter in taste.

STBU
11-09-2012, 12:02 PM
Alcoholic: Sam Adams or Corona, though thinking of moving to Michelob Ultra since it's 95 calories and I can burn 150 every mile I run (which I shoot for 3-4 miles three days a wk)
Non-Alcoholic: Coffee, Ginseng Tea, and water. The night before I run, I hydrate standing up with a 1-1.5 qt bottle of water, and I drink the entire thing non-stop (breathing through my nose). Then I fill it back up and sip on water until I go to bed. Doesn't bother me none, in the military there's forced hydration for safety reasons. I'm used to one of my superiors tossing me a bottle of water and ordering me to drink it down, not because I don't drink water, but to be safe.

rdharbis1
04-13-2013, 08:07 PM
Start out with Arnold Palmer and progress to Coke and Barcardi. But then it doesn't answer why I was really here , looking for help on learning the LFR raids. Oh yeah, another drink ...

Ltranger
04-13-2013, 10:31 PM
Lately I've been needing extreme amounts of bud light to get through raiding. Something about people being idiots just stresses me out.

Fetzie
04-13-2013, 11:14 PM
Lately I've been needing extreme amounts of bud light to get through raiding. Something about people being idiots just stresses me out.

So...sparkling water for you too then :)

Ltranger
04-13-2013, 11:15 PM
So...sparkling water for you too then :)

Hahaha. We ran out of coors. I'm not picky. If its cold and gets me drunk I'm good.

Airowird
04-14-2013, 05:16 AM
http://www.duvel.com/en

Enough Said

Aggathon
04-15-2013, 09:26 PM
I could really use one of these right now:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-zF34v9TtNDI/UAlNeJIkaII/AAAAAAAAF9k/FGwtSwnPiD8/s1600/Glenfiddich+21.jpg

truculent
04-15-2013, 09:49 PM

Terra
04-16-2013, 05:16 AM
http://www.lwwarehouse.com/images/labels/seagram-s-7-dark-honey.gif