PDA

View Full Version : Warrior DPS Help

skubyroo
03-11-2011, 04:22 PM
I've been lurking around here for a while and recently ran into some issues. It does not seem I'm doing the dps I should be with the gear I have.

Rotation: HL>BT>Battle Shout>RB>BT>CS...that is my opening rotation with CS being sub'd with HS when CS is on CD. I stick pretty strickly to this rotation. When Battle Trance is up its a immediate HS and the same goes for Incite. I can't seem to get over 12k dps on dummy. I have been talking to other warriors on the server and they don't have a problem hitting 18k on the dummy. I've tried to stagger buffs (blood rage, deathwish, recklessness) and I've tried stacking them.
I am not going to haste, mastery or crit socket bonus since the str is more important. I am reforging haste out and sitting around 10.87% hit before precision. Below are links to armory and logs. Any input would be great.

Logs:
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-x1zvipxd2aljcjvp/
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-uyag9fezx99yodvp/sum/damageDone/
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-jnzo9pu158gfmfqs/

Armory:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/draka/skuby/advanced

Katzazi
03-11-2011, 04:59 PM
Fury is only my 2nd spec, so I'm no expert, but why are you waiting with Battle Shout and CS so long? I try to use Battle Shout more or less during the pull. Since I've to apply Sunder for my own, I try to apply them early on bosses and refresh them with glyphed CS. If you have someone else doing this for you, it's fine, but you should sunder your dummy.

Btw: As far as I understand it, if you are doing your priorities well, you should be fine with 8% hit. I'm not as good, since it's only my 2nd spec and go with a little bit more - around 10%. I just hit HS way too often, when I switch over from tank to fury inside a raid...

Loganisis
03-11-2011, 05:09 PM
BS-HT-HL as an opener (you can skip HT if you want).

Rotation is BT -> RB -> BT -> <Slam if proc'd, otherwise just kinda a dead zone>

If you don't hit HS much (and you shouldn't as TG, unless rage > 80) you should be able to maintain your rotation with only limited BS use.

You're stacking CDs, right? DW + REcklessness + CS = Go rotation (with a few extra HS here if possible).

Loganisis
03-11-2011, 05:10 PM
Fury is only my 2nd spec, so I'm no expert, but why are you waiting with Battle Shout and CS so long? I try to use Battle Shout more or less during the pull. Since I've to apply Sunder for my own, I try to apply them early on bosses and refresh them with glyphed CS. If you have someone else doing this for you, it's fine, but you should sunder your dummy.

Sunder is crap. WTB Feral 5 minute sunder :-(

Katzazi
03-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Sunder is crap. WTB Feral 5 minute sunder :-(

Don't have a feral in the raid - there is actually no druid in my current raid. :( - But I'm leveling one just now...

Loganisis
03-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Ferals are the best at applying the armor debuff. I think rogues with expose armor are second (at least they were more efficient in wrath). Sunder should never be prioritiezed over other ablities, but if you have a 4th GCD and no slam proc, then it would work there. But BT and RB > Sunder.

Katzazi
03-11-2011, 05:50 PM
No rogue either... (don't laugh, but I'm leveling one parallel to my cat)

Since I only use fury for bosses where only one tank is needed it's single target only, so I don't need cleave glyph and can use the CS glyph to reapply sunder. I only have to apply sunder once. Glyphed HT frees a CD to apply it at the beginning.

Anyway - that was about dummy dps. There are many buffs/debuffs missing, but if you are able to debuff something, it should be done for better comparability.

skubyroo
03-11-2011, 09:24 PM
The reason for the delay in BS is due to a few things actually. 1. Threat it generates, BS, BT, RB can generate enough threat to make it hard for a tank to pull back off you. 2. Since most the time you are in a raid with a dk and a priest its not like I'm missing a buff so it is generally just a rage builder so I can save it when I really need it a few sec into the rotation. With CS I'll probably try to pop that after the first BT if RB don't proc.

I've just been playing with some new things and havn't reglyph'd to furious sunder or CS glyph so it's a little easier to keep up sunders with both glyphs.

Loganisis-

The reason I try to work HS into my rotation so much is there are times where I'm sitting on a ton of rage and even through a BT/RB/BT I'm sitting at 100 rage so dumping a bit with a HS then back into the rotation and up to 100 rage.

I appreciate the feedback and I guess right now it's just where I'm at with my gear.

Loganisis
03-12-2011, 12:51 AM
Skubyroo - Threat shouldn't be a problem. Wait 2 GCDs before moving in. If no hunters, hold of CS for 4 seconds or so after that. And wait to pop CDs until the tank has at least a 350k threat lead, if not more depending on your burst ability.

But in reality, it's a minor issue, when you use BS on the pull.

You should always have RB available on the pull if you want with Beserker Rage activating an enrage for you.

If you are floating in rage (which is fine for HS, but it's not part of your rotation it's a use if rage >80), you have 2.87% hit which you can convert the what, roughly 450 hit into crit or mastery. Crit would give your Flurry a higher up time and give you more damage on your main attacks than you're gaining from HS you'd no longer be able to use.

Are you stacking CDs and using them? Recklessness is 12 seconds every 4 minutes, or a 5% uptime and your highest is 2.7% and one log doesn't have any. That's 12 seconds of guaranteed GCD crits.

Your death wish is ~5% uptime. 30 seconds every 144 seconds is a 20.8% uptime. You're missing out for 15% of the fight when you could have damage * (1.3 * mastery). THat's a big DPS loss.

And if you stack DW + Reck = Awesome! After the first stack, then it's pretty much use on CD since you have no on-use trinkets to use with those CDs.