PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Tanking heroic Halls of Origination trash as bear

Windago
03-07-2011, 06:45 PM
I could use a bit of advice on tanking Heroic Hallstrash located before the first boss.

The scenario:

Most of my LFD groups seem to have 1-2 usable cc's in them, and other than lucking out on a mage, I cant seem to get rid of that fire shield.

The mobs are almost all casters or ranged and I do not have a reliable silence/spell interrupt.

My attacks, should I attempt to tank near cc'd mobs, is almost all aoe in one form or another and breaks cc., nor does there seem to be a reliable way to LOS most of these packs with this dungeon set up.

These pulls have been horrible for me lately, and any advice would be appreciated.

Crittable
03-07-2011, 09:02 PM
There is a way to LOS every single pack of trash in this instance (except for the bug hall, I haven't tried there since they all charge into the middle anyway). Look for corners, stairs, pillars, etc... they might be a little further behind you than you initially anticipated, but they are there. CC pull and have them LOS with you. When the loose mobs come around the corner, grab them. There's always going to be a way to LOS; you just need to find the spots.

Bears do have skull bash which, if I remember correctly, is a 10sec interrupt when talented just like every other tank class has. When you interrupt a spell, they cannot cast from that spell school for 3 secs (correct me if I'm wrong). That's generally enough time to make the casters walk into your melee range with the other trash that you're tanking. If you're LOS'ing, you don't need a silence, just a reliable interrupt when they get to you, which you have.

As for the fire shield buff that the big guys cast on themselves, unless you have a mage/shaman/priest to dispell them, or a prot warrior (which you probably won't have since you're talking about tanking as bear), the healer will just have to heal through it I believe. I haven't figured out a better way other than purging it off. You can interrupt his fireballs to decrease his damage output which will help the healer out some, but that's a hard hitting shield that he has and it's a pain without the purges.

Note: If you have a priest healer, remind them that for 1 global cooldown (glyphed mass dispell I believe), they could save the group by negating that massive damage that's very hard to heal through. Same with shaman healers... 1 GCD for purge. A lot of healers forget about their utility other than healing the green bars. If you take the time to purge/dispell stuff, or slow stuff, etc... you'll have a much more successful run.

captanmurdoc
03-07-2011, 09:25 PM
another option that works well for the fire shield is have a dps range tank it if u can

Katarn
03-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Most of my LFD groups seem to have 1-2 usable cc's in them, and other than lucking out on a mage, I cant seem to get rid of that fire shield.
No Priests/Shamans/Warlocks?

In any case, just kill him last. Let him do his silly fire channel first.