PDA

View Full Version : Healing Healing Nefarian, second phase.

cptwafflez
03-06-2011, 10:16 PM
Hi there, tried Nef for the first time yesterday and got him down to 25%, but on many of the attempts I noticed that when the fire phase that envelopes the whole room happens, and when it's time to get on the pillar, I just could not figure out how to get up onto it consistently with the first jump, thus wiping the raid because I died.

Any advice on how to do this more effectively?

Aroa
03-08-2011, 01:31 AM
A couple of things that can help you get up on the pillar.

1. Don't continually press and release space to jump when the lava comes. Each time you break the lava surface you take an extra stack. Wait for the lava to reach the middle of the pillar (and therefore above your head) before you press and hold space.
2. Don't press forward while you swim up. You can get stuck under the small ledge that goes out of the top of the pillar. Press forward just when you jump out of the lava.
3. Turn off the "Water Collision" in the camera settings. This makes it easier to see where you are when the lava raises.

Also check this video on how to do it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-rdeFlLgz4

Ryu
03-08-2011, 04:27 AM
Very very nice, thanks for the informative post Aroa. I will put this to use in my guild as we are taking way to much damage during the phase transition where are healers actually cant keep up

cptwafflez
03-08-2011, 09:08 AM
Wow, very informative. Thanks much!