PDA

View Full Version : Warlock Affliction help (probably rota)

Katzazi
03-06-2011, 03:39 PM
A friend of mine is playing a warlock and he did try many things but just cannot get his dmg up. He's playing affliction. While I also have a warlock mine is sitting at lvl82 so I can only guess what's up and don't have "real" experience for my own on lvl 85 play.

It would be nice to get some tips on his gear, spec and stuff. He also is not really sure about the rota (or priority system). Maybe you can give me some help to help him. It also would help to be pointed to a good guide.

A link to his armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alexstrasza/sauromon/advanced
(I know that some items are not enchanted, but I doubt that this is the core problem.)

Tengenstein
03-06-2011, 11:16 PM
He's using the fel hunter, right? Unfotunatly the felhunter's damage didn't scale well leveling to 85. the Succubus is the suprior DPS pet right now for affliction, he also should drop GoUA for Glyph of lash of pain. His gemming should be as much pure intellect as possible, unles the the socket bonus is +20int per gem slot required to activate it. He should be using the Burning shadowspirit diamond meta. He should aslo be reforging most of his mastery into hit/haste.

Tschus
03-07-2011, 02:56 AM
This guide (http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t112939-affliction_cataclysm_dots_you_4_0_6_updated/) on EJ is quite solid, I think he can find everything about affliction in there. :D

Katzazi
03-07-2011, 03:04 AM
Thank you both. I know about EJ but I'm never sure what stuff there is good and what is just ok. :) Many good player drifted away from EJ and are writing at more specialized sites and stuff. The policy at EJ tends to drive people away.

I will point him to the guide and read it for myself, so I can look if he is doing it right afterwards.

Tschus
03-07-2011, 04:39 AM
I think the EJ guide is a good start. Can't guarantee it's 100% precise yeah :P I'm looking for other discussions for Aff Wlk myself too, so if you have any good links please share it too. :D