PDA

View Full Version : Death Knight Death Knight tank, looking at next step

PrettyNoose
03-05-2011, 08:36 PM
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/alterac-mountains/prettynoose/simple

I am not sure where to go with my gear. In particular, spending my Valor Points. I have a little more than 2500, but I hesitate to spend any because I don't know the best order. If anyone knows of a post that addresses my issue, could you point me in the right direction? If anyone has advice on my set up I am all ears.

I am terrible about using Lichborne, so I will be looking into the Desecration spec that I have seen mentioned on this site. I found out tonight I don't even have the right Glyph for Lichborne to be useful, but sense I never save up enough Runic Power I don't think it would help me much. If Lichborne spec is a must, I will use it and improve, but it their is another useful option, I will go that route. Anyway, thanks in advanced for any help you can give me.

Pretty

Edit: I use Glyph of Runestrike for 3rd glyph, I swap in D&D when I dungeon grind for the guild. So if that is in, that is the reason.

Netheras
03-05-2011, 09:55 PM
All you have to do is get rid of the Death Strike Glyph and get the Death Coil prime. DS glyph isn't a huge jump for your threat, so it won't matter if you drop it. Most of what I've seen and read keeps LB as best spec for survivability, whereas Desecration is good add utility, but I've seen people complain about that too.

*shrug* LB is a planned cooldown. You'll get a lot of runic power if you aren't using Rune Strike for a little while, as DS should give you 20, and any single rune ability will give you 10. Scent of Blood, Horn of Winter, and your other abilities should do the rest. In a pretty short amount of time, you get RP capped and can pop your LB macro just as the boss does whatever enrage or damage happy mechanic he regularly throws your way.

As for your gear, I'd personally buy whichever piece gives you the most Mastery. I think the Chest piece does that. Either way, I think the 4 pc set bonus is best with everything but the helm (I believe the Daybreaker helm is best for mastery focused sets). I think its also worth thinking about the gear purchases as highest cost first, as it is relatively easy to get the lower cost items later.

Michultradk
03-07-2011, 07:40 AM
http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/forum/index.php?f=3&t=30230&rb_v=viewtopic

This might help some, it was built for Pally's but it has helped me a lot. Keep in mind that the Reinforced Sapphirium armor is the same as our Magmaw Plated T11 pieces.

I think the best piece to start with is the Magmaw plated chest, simply because you have chances for hands, leg, helm and shoulders I believe to drop in various raids. BH - Argoloth; Drops the hands and legs. If you look on that gear list you will see where the others drop, just remember Reinforced Sapphirium = Magmaw Plated for DK's. I understand questioning the tradeoff (359 chest vs. 359 chest) going from the chest you have, but soon the 4 pc bonus will outweigh the difference.
Questioning the LB spec, I did the same thing in dropping it for almost the same reason you state. I know for a fact that some of the better DK's use this spec very well, I was just not one of them so I opted for something different. Also, it's pretty cheap to get the mats for the +15 stats to your chest, you might look into that instead of the one you have, but that's just my opinion.

Prexie
03-07-2011, 08:54 AM
http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/forum/index.php?f=3&t=30230&rb_v=viewtopic

This might help some, it was built for Pally's but it has helped me a lot. Keep in mind that the Reinforced Sapphirium armor is the same as our Magmaw Plated T11 pieces.

I think the best piece to start with is the Magmaw plated chest, simply because you have chances for hands, leg, helm and shoulders I believe to drop in various raids. BH - Argoloth; Drops the hands and legs. If you look on that gear list you will see where the others drop, just remember Reinforced Sapphirium = Magmaw Plated for DK's. I understand questioning the tradeoff (359 chest vs. 359 chest) going from the chest you have, but soon the 4 pc bonus will outweigh the difference.
Questioning the LB spec, I did the same thing in dropping it for almost the same reason you state. I know for a fact that some of the better DK's use this spec very well, I was just not one of them so I opted for something different. Also, it's pretty cheap to get the mats for the +15 stats to your chest, you might look into that instead of the one you have, but that's just my opinion.

Magma*

And a tank should enchant 55 or 75 stam to chest, not 15 stats. The minuscule dodge/parry you get from 15 agi/str is not worth the loss of 40 or 60 stamina.

PrettyNoose
03-07-2011, 04:35 PM
My enchanter is on vacation. :) I usually keep up on them, but he will be back Wednesday after being gone for three weeks. Call it cheap or lazy, either way I will have my gear enchanted later this week.

Thanks for the link, I will check it out. I am still hesitant on the chest, but I see what you mean about everything else dropping somewhere or another.

Thanks for the help guys.