PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Glyph of Shield Wall w t11 4set?

Marfyy
03-04-2011, 08:21 AM
Hello Tankspot! I have been sittin here for a while now and trying to figure out if the Glyph of Shield Wall is worth taking, if you have the t11 4set prot bonus (+50% duration of SW).

With bonus and glyph: 18 seconds, 60% less damage, 4 mins CD (with my specc)
With bonus without glyph: 18 seconds, 40% less damage, 2 mins CD.

If I take a avarage bossencounter, personally I dont use SW more than one time in the fight, and those times are either cuz of slack, fail from me or some event in the bossfight, such as last phase in Chim, green phase on Maloriak, etcetc.

What my reason is for getting the glyph, is that 60% dmg reduction is ALOT better than 40%, and with the increased duration, and the fact that I mostly only use it once per fight, could make this a pretty good upgrade.

What'd ya reckon?

Katzazi
03-04-2011, 02:43 PM
I switch the glyph in and out for different encounters. There are some where I like to have a CD "often" and others where I know that I will save SW for a special event and that I will save SW for it.

Just take some reglyphing-reagents with you and switch on demand.

Marfyy
03-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the answer.

Sounds like a pretty solid way go, and will certainly try that out!

JollyWarrior
03-06-2011, 10:07 AM
Ive been curious on the same thing. Is the extra CD time worth the extra 20% Dmg reduction? I don't glyph per encounter (as my gold is not limitless) and I dont have 4piece yet.

Katzazi
03-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Ask an inscription guildie to make you some. It's not as expensive this way.

Sometimes the shorter CD is extremely helpfull. If you don't need the lower CD, the glyphed version is better.

Sirloinsteak
03-06-2011, 04:59 PM
Ive been curious on the same thing. Is the extra CD time worth the extra 20% Dmg reduction? I don't glyph per encounter (as my gold is not limitless) and I dont have 4piece yet.

you know u only have to pay for the glyph once and u have it forever yeah ??? no gold involved in reglyphing really unless u count the 10g for the dust an unlimited strain on your money lololol

fr33d4n
03-06-2011, 05:22 PM
As anyone said before, you should buy some dusts to be able to switch glyphs in and out. There are some fights, like chimaeron hc where having SW every 2 mins is a MUST. If you are tanking chimaeron every 2 feuds, for example, you pop up SW when you taunt it, shield block when the double attack ( so you have SW + SB in the double attack). And use an external CD for the lasts 3 secs of the feud. If you don't have SW when a feud occurs, you are pretty much ... dead.
There are other fights tough, where having a 60% reduction is nice, like halfus hc or nef. But overall, I find using it without glyph more than with glyph.