PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Tank Swapping on Halfus HC

Rune
03-03-2011, 07:25 AM
Here's the story: Paladin tank. I was tanking Halfus HC. Three tanks. Warr had Halfus first, I had one drake and prob had the best aggro on all the whelps as well as my drake. I was first to take boss off the warrior and then the bear took Halfus from me. I was using a lot of aoe abilities obviously with all the whelps up.
Twice at least I reaggroed Halfus one time when I had switched target and used some aoe dps abilities second time after being warned I had just stopped doing anything while going to target my original drake again and reaggroed from just autoattack. First killed me second I survived but bear died on the healer switching.
I also aggroed the bears drake on one try from jsut my aoe spam while trying to get the whelps.
Using survival gear too btw very little hit/expertise.

I was being told a few things amongst them was that my vengence was stacking way faster than the other tank types causing the issue and was told to stop using my aoe abilities and probably should have limited it more than I did after that.

The warrior tank did say and suggest switching off halfus altogether before the time came to be taunted off and not a bad idea just came at end of raid and didnt get adjusted to it

We also had it mentioned at the end that there may have been a rogue tricksing at bad times but not certain.

Any advice and what do you think of the situation?

Panttz
03-03-2011, 03:54 PM
10 or 25? Some armoury links would help us analyze the situation better as well.

klausi
03-03-2011, 08:59 PM
I was being told a few things amongst them was that my vengence was stacking way faster than the other tank types causing the issue and was told to stop using my aoe abilities and probably should have limited it more than I did after that.
As a warrior i would understand your concerns due to how Vigilance works, but how in hell should your vengeance stack faster as a paladin? Did i miss something significant there?

Tankswitches in general are very clunky thanks to vengeance, just stop attacking those mobs alltogether and in time. Your autoattacks + ticking seal of truth can be enough against a missed shieldslam/mangle. But you're the whelpstank so just have the bear taunt him first and by the time it's your turn the whelps should be dead and you shouldn't have to use your hotr any longer :)