View Full Version : Tanking Prot warr - Improves?
03-03-2011, 04:22 AM
Hello! My question for you guys is there anything you think I could do with my:
Enchants, Reforging, Gemming, Professions, Talent Points and Valor Points to improve my self even more!
I was thinking to swap out mining with alchemy for the trinket, is this worth it?
If it is, which trinket should I use with it, the Vial or the Symbotic Worm?
I use the TB trinket for fights where more magic reduction is necessary.
In the beginning of some fights I often ain't getting rage!
My current talent build is for threat.
What should I spend my valor points on? I won't be getting the 4pc for a while either.
Thanks for reading and answering!
03-03-2011, 04:43 AM
You have 1/3 in Shield Specialization, maybe another point or two would give you some more rage to play with? I can't imagine 5 or 10% crit on Shield Slam is such a big deal, but IDPAW (I Don't Play A Warrior).
To address your profession question, which is pretty much the only question in your post I'm qualified to answer: Alchemy is cheap to level up, offers a nice trinket as you noted, is a good moneymaker, is very convenient for making your own pots/flasks (especially if you're specced for one of them), and best of all has a flexible profession bonus. If you use the stam flask, it's the same bonus as if you were a Miner - if you use, say, http://www.wowhead.com/item=58148[/URL] and [URL]http://www.wowhead.com/item=58143 (http://www.wowhead.com/item=65804), then you gain a nice chunk of mitigation.
If you have the cash to grab Alchemy, it's totally worth it.
03-03-2011, 06:04 AM
Good answer, thank you.
I do have the cash, but I will use my alt to grab the mats :)
03-03-2011, 06:43 AM
You've loged out in your fury spec, so I cannot make any comments about your tank gear.
So I comment on your spec: Yes switch points to Shield Specialization. To follow the idea of maximizing single target threat, take two points out of Imp. Revenge or even Thunderstruck or Blood and Thunder. Both will hurt your AoE threat a little bit. Best thing would probably be Imp. Revenge and than drop Revenge from your rotation completely. An other idea would be to switch over 2 points from Cruelty. Than you can have all the AoE talents for AoE threat but lose a little bit of single target threat potential. However it should be good enough even with such a change.
The only other question I can address at the moment without seeing your tank gear is the one about Alchemy.
I was never a fan to switch professions all the time. Sure you can min-max your character by it. But Blizzard tries to make the differences between professions smaller all the time. They want professions to be something as flavor. Some things to think about:
- Blacksmithing without mining will hurt you when the next expansion hits. This is probably not a concern at the moment, but keep in mind, that you either will need to drop one of your professions again by then or that it will be hard to get both up then.
- Alchemy is a good professin to make gold, as long as you can farm for it. Mining is also ok, since you can sell ore (don't know if the price is good or bad on your server) and you can even sell Blacksmithing epics more easily if you have it. If you switch over, it's a good idea to have a farming character as backup for both professions.
- Gold may not be the core point of min-maxing your character, but reducing the gold flow can screw your abilitiy to min-max your character in other fields. As the abilitiy to buy BoE items that don't drop for you.
- In former expansions there were no new alchemy trinkets with every content patch. We don't know if there will be an upgraded version with 4.1. So even while the trinket may be good or at least an easy item to fill the slot with, it may just be an outdated trinket "soon".
- Most tanks switch trinkets around widely for different encounters. Expect to have situations where you don't want to use the trinket.
03-03-2011, 06:47 AM
Thank you Katzazi. My 70 shaman with epic flying is currently 450 mining and if i decide to level it up to 85, i will switch to alchemy. If not, the mining will stay. I didnt think of this, and I dont know how you did, but I thank you very much :)
I will go relog on my warrior in tank gear asap.