PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Paladin Tanking Rotation

Joeyyfire
03-02-2011, 05:34 PM
Does anyone know a paladin tanking rotation? I would like to better my tanking and find this a part of the issue.

klausi
03-02-2011, 07:07 PM
Crusader strike all down the road, fill the global in between with Judgement, Avengers Shield, Holy Wrath. Finish with SotR or WoG.

Replace CS with HotR and finish with Inquisition for multi targets, don't use consecration at all unless you're really comfortable with your mana and have some globals to spare. Always judge with high priority, especially while tanking multiple mobs to guarantee the flow to going on :)

Contravene
03-03-2011, 02:45 PM
The rotation is a priority order and changes based on whether or not you generate Holy Power, or if Holy Shield is about to fall off. Holy Power is generated by Crusader Strike or Hammer of the Righteous. If you miss or if your attack gets parried/dodged then you do not generate Holy Power. It is ideal to achieve 3 Holy Power before firing Shield of the Righteous/ Inquisition because it increases Holy Damage. As a tank priority one is keeping Holy Shield up and if it is going to wear off then you fire SoTR/Inq/WoG immediately at whatever Holy Power you are at.. Holy Shield increase SHIELD BLOCK by 10% so as you can easily deduce you must have it up at all times.. So during building your 3 Holy Power don’t let your Holy Shield drop. How much of the following you need depends on if you can maintain threat and if you are able to manage your rotation in a way the keeps your Holy Shield up.

Raise these until you can manage your rotation.
Expertise = (Needed so that you aren’t Parried/Dodged)
Hit Rating = (Needed so you don’t miss, also effects Rebuke)

Here’s a single target example I am spitting out from the top of my head.
CS, Avenger’s Shield, CS, Judgement, CS, SoTR, CS, HW and continue

My own priority list
Priority 1 = Generate HoPo so we fire CS or HoTR
Priority 2 = Highest DPS filler spell so AS, Judge, HW
Priority 3 = After using SoTR at 3 HoPo.. Now look for Holy Damaging spells as priority fillers.

P.S. The official word does seem to be.. Push everything into mitigation and manage your rotation how you must.. Meaning don’t put anything into Expertise/Hit Rating.. All into Mastery.

Contravene
03-03-2011, 02:59 PM
I wanted to add something else. Holy Shield is a proc and you need to spec to use Word of Glory to also proc your Holy Shield don't miss this point. Also everyone reads this forum thread on Paladin Tanks..

http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t110338-cataclysm_tanking_protection_field_manual_updated_ feb_9_2011_4_0_6_a/