PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Buc-Zakai Choker for DK tank?

PrettyNoose
03-01-2011, 06:29 PM
Title says it all really. I have The Lustrous Eye right now, but I have Buc-Zakai Choker sitting in my bag. I don't need the gold from selling the Choker, so really I am just wondering which is better for tanking. The Eye or Choker?

Sorry, I don't know how to link items in here or I would. If some could explain I would be happy to link both items.

Thanks,
Pretty

Netheras
03-02-2011, 10:49 AM
If you're trying to get more mastery, then obviously the Buc gives you more. The avoidance versus haste is interesting since I've read that haste is only about half as good as mastery for a DK tank, and haste behind avoidance by a smaller margin (for 2 haste, 1 mastery is better, for 2 haste, 1.5 avoidance is better). 127 haste versus 112 avoidance says to me that you'd need another 40 haste before the haste outweighed the lost dodge. 112 mastery versus 127 mastery is only a jump of 15, but weighed against the haste says that it'd make up 30 points of the 40 needed to outweigh the dodge loss. This is all assuming I'm right of course, would have to check it out in better detail.

I guess I'm saying that it's up to you, they technically have about the same survival value. If you're a mastery focused DK, I'd go for it.

PrettyNoose
03-02-2011, 05:45 PM
So if I reforge the Haste to Dodge it should be a better Neck over all. Cutting the 40 needed to make up the difference between the Haste and Dodge in half. Add in the additional Stam and Str that come in the base stats of the item, and I guess I will go ahead and keep it. If I am off base please correct me, I will wait another day to reforge and equip it.

Netheras
03-02-2011, 08:07 PM
I think reforging might make it better. I can't say for sure (one because of the haste versus tanking stats math, two because my allergies make me a bit delirious and I can't always think straight) but it seems like that should work out.

Technically then you'd be losing 60 dodge for 75 haste, and you'd need 15 more haste to balance it out... but you gain 15 mastery worth 30 haste so it should push you over (aka Buc-Zakai would be better) I'm just not solid on whether thats the case though.