PDA

View Full Version : The Weekly Marmot - Taking out the Trash

Lore
03-01-2011, 12:28 PM
RrIizqk-Lz4

Follow me on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/devolore) or Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/devolore)!

Kemanorel
03-01-2011, 01:36 PM
Actually, it is a common practice on my server where either pug groups or guilds not capable of downing bosses to "farm" trash, especially in Bastion of Twilight for the epic bind on equip drops. So Lore's description of "non-epic dropping" is only partially accurate at best. Although, I agree with the assessment of Blackwing Descent trash, with the exception of Omnotron, Magmaw, and Atramedes trash it is lacking in flavor and mostly just an annoyance, unless you are that lucky player who has Maimgor respawn on top of him while running back.

Daros
03-01-2011, 02:17 PM
Thats truely trash talk =P.. tbh bit weak topic to talk about.
Dont realy aggre about respawns.. trash respawn after 2 hours if fine. Might be little annoing if its huge part like in BoT... but its kinda part of the game. If you cant deal with boss fast enough you have to reclear trash.
I would rather see "limited" respawn... so not everything does, but just part, like few main mobs.

Zxian
03-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Dont realy aggre about respawns.. trash respawn after 2 hours if fine. Might be little annoing if its huge part like in BoT... but its kinda part of the game. If you cant deal with boss fast enough you have to reclear trash. main mobs.

Have you ever spent an entire raid night working on a particular heroic mode progression? My previous guild spent 4 hours (and many wipes) on H Chimaeron one evening, and I can tell you that if we had been forced to deal with a lot of the trash respawning, our progress and morale would have taken a serious dive.

I'd say that a partial respawn is alright, or alternatively, increase the respawn timer to something much longer (say 6 hours), so that in the course of a typical raid night for most guilds, you would never have to deal with the same trash pull again.

Tengenstein
03-01-2011, 11:15 PM
I'm getting rather tired of the trash in the TAC room; it seems that its pretty random if you get a viable pull. seem to find myself sitting in the hall waiting for the right pair of mobs to be pullable without grabbing the entire room. Waiting for a pat is one thing, but the fishing for the mobs to seperate form the group just seems really slow.

swifty506
03-01-2011, 11:21 PM
I'm am so saddened that this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7gIpuIVE3k

- infamous scene from Silent Night Deadly Night II did not make it into this. How could you afford not to with a title like "Taking out the trash"? Oh well, I'm waiting patiently for a "Taking out the Trash Part Deux" or perhaps a "Taking out the Trash Redux"? I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Deffizzle
03-02-2011, 12:35 AM
Lore great opening almost pissed my pants heyaaaa

swelt
03-02-2011, 01:45 AM
I prefer the Blackwing Descent trash over Twilight Bastion. What annoys me about the twilight trash is the pulls. It's much more laborious in 25 than 10 man, I think there are simply too many mobs added in the larger raid size. I think they were shooting for a large amount of CC usage (in tune with the messages going out for heroic dungeons) but the practical issues of CCing lots of mobs make it quite frustrating. The pathing of the elemental pairs in the ascendant council room is just incredibly annoying... not fun, not 'challenging', just annoying. I've dubbed this particular trash the "worst in teh game evah!" (although I'll concede that a few clears in, we are getting much faster at doing it).

I wouldn't have objected to there being a few more trash pulls inside Blackwing Descent, although I disagree that having very few pulls is at odds with the theme of a "secret research lab" concept. If you have to house an army of orcs, it's going to be hard to keep the place secret. Limiting it to a limited number of drakes, creations and ....er... leftovers from some previous dwarf occupants?... does make some kind of sense.

supmeow
03-03-2011, 04:30 PM
the freeze frame for the youtube video.
wow :X

Darkhorz
03-03-2011, 06:21 PM
I agree on most of your thoughts about trash in the current tier. However, I am not sure I agree with your suggestion with trash not respawning once killed even though I also annoyed when respawns occur after 2 hours of wiping. Having trash register as being killed is probably not something blizzard can easily implement without opening another can of worms. Instead I would prefer to see a solution where trash only respawns if an instance soft resets if no one has been in the instance for 15-30 minutes e.g.

wow1gameavision
03-03-2011, 07:03 PM
Lore...what's in the cup, Lore? What's...in...the...cup?

Trexokor
03-04-2011, 03:18 AM
I'm getting rather tired of the trash in the TAC room; it seems that its pretty random if you get a viable pull. seem to find myself sitting in the hall waiting for the right pair of mobs to be pullable without grabbing the entire room. Waiting for a pat is one thing, but the fishing for the mobs to seperate form the group just seems really slow.

The pathing of the elemental pairs in the ascendant council room is just incredibly annoying... not fun, not 'challenging', just annoying. I've dubbed this particular trash the "worst in teh game evah!" (although I'll concede that a few clears in, we are getting much faster at doing it).

I agree that Twilight Ascendant Council trash is a little tedious, but something that might help both of you is knowing that the trash does not link by proximity, at all. You can pull one mob that is directly on top of another and only the one you pulled will come. Knowing this makes it about 10 times easier to pull proper pairs, as their aggro range is also significantly smaller than your pull range.

Once we found this out, we dropped our time in this room by almost half.

Radius
03-06-2011, 11:08 AM
Two things I like about the trash.
They can give you a look at a few of the mechanics that you will have to deal with in the boss fight.

If there is a gimick with the trash there is usually only 1 or 2 pulls of them. They don't beat you over the head with it so you are "ok, Ok! Split them apart and you control who they charge, I get it!"