PDA

View Full Version : Shaman Elemental Shaman HEELLPP!!!!

whacknhut
03-01-2011, 10:27 AM
so ive been doing some reserch and can still not get my max dps to be that great..10-14k
i have Ilvl 355 in PVE gear my haste is 12% mst is 14% and i am hit capped my rotation is flame shock always up lava burst always on cd LB LB LB LB and chain lightning in the mix when needed.. and i unleash elements when fulm procs.. it just seems when im on a boss fight my dps is really bad.. any help or suggestions?

xenogriff
03-01-2011, 05:03 PM
an armory link would help see if theres any issues - just saying ur ilvl 355 says nothing really.

just curious, why are u using unleash elements on a fulmination proc? as far as i understand it, unleash elements with FT weapon (which is what an ele shammy should be using) only increases next fire damage. is this a typo - and did you mean earth shock?

whacknhut
03-01-2011, 07:06 PM
i ment i was using UE with LB keeping them both on CD and using fulm proc everytime

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/gorefiend/whacknhut/simple

Prexie
03-02-2011, 04:46 PM
Unleash Elements is ONLY used on movement. It's a dps loss to use it when you're standing still. Allowing fulmination to hit 9 stacks of shield can make your shock be on cooldown when it's time to renew flame shock, another dps loss.

Always be casting. A lot of casters lose damage simply from pausing between casts.

Also, your item level is not what you have equipped. Gear level is not really a valid measurement of dps output, either. Check armory.

Haastas
03-02-2011, 04:49 PM
@ Whacknhut
I am having the same problem. I'm confused as to why this post hasn't been properly addressed. Some ppl say to max hit cap. Some ppl say to gem all mastery and some ppl say that haste and crit is the way. When will we get a straight answer. I'm going broke from re-geming.

whacknhut
03-02-2011, 05:18 PM
can we please get some real answers...

Sebadoh
03-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Hit and Int always come first. Haste and Mastery are similarly weighted, try to keep them equal if you're like most people and don't want to run sims/spreadsheets for minor DPS increases. Crit is weak.

Rotation-wise, you shouldn't be using CL for single-target, and shouldn't be using UE at all unless you're moving.

Further reading: http://totemspot.com/2011/01/cataclysm-elemental-guide-4-0/

edit: oh, and enchant your gear - Hurricane alone would be a significant DPS increase.