PDA

View Full Version : DPS Training Dummies

Bitur
02-25-2011, 11:05 PM
I'm trying to find my single target DPS but I'm having trouble finding a suitable dummy.

Are there any boss level training dummies that are separate from other dummies? I've been looking around in Orgrimmar and Undercity and all I can find is dummies who are too close to each other, such that my unholy blight, my ghoul's cleave, etc. are skewing my results.

Katzazi
02-26-2011, 08:11 AM
There is one in Orgrimmar standing quite alone. It's where the hunter and pet trainers were before 4.0.1. (Somewhere behind fishing quest).

Quinafoi
02-26-2011, 10:21 AM
If you're using something like Recount to measure, you could also look at the damage tooltip and separate out the damage of the target you did the most damage to. Top 3 attacked section, you only care about number 1, damage done to that divided by your total damage is the ratio of damage done to your primary target. That ratio multiplied by your DPS is your DPS against that target. Rough way to estimate it. Of course that method of estimating it skews results away from the actual benefit of larger area AoE abilities like Starfall since more of the effect would have hit the primary target if there were fewer targets total.

Bitur
02-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Thanks, both.