PDA

View Full Version : What to do with my rogue

sifuedition
02-24-2011, 10:52 AM
As a side project when the guild doesn't have something going I am leveling a rogue. I want a revenge toon since I'm on a pvp realm. I have a Mage but...not that good pvp wise with him.

I have been combat/sub up to now. Have t done much pvp really other than getting through some of the more boring levels. Just hit 66 and don't have any bc content I like left so I'll be doing bgs again for a while.

I really liked LK dungeon content. I could quest while queued and get through that pretty quick. I would likely trade combat for assassin to start building muscle memory for my 85 pve build so there is something to be gained there.

Since the toon's main purpose will be for very limited pvp, would you recommend bg'ing through the 70s? The experience would be good, I'm sure. Is the honor point grind important at that level? Does it not matter because I will need to buy resil leather and then conquest points?

Just looking for some suggestions to make it as smooth as possible to get two gear sets. Btw, this is not likely to get to raid any time soon.

swelt
02-24-2011, 11:29 AM
If it were me, I'd be getting to 85 as fast as possible to be earning conquest points from arena. I'd be specced subtlety, as that's the strongest pvp build at the moment with an offspec of assassination. Ambush-based sub lvling is very fast, assassination has very low downtime from using cheap shot, either are fine for questing. Soloing or doing instances won't teach you very much about using those builds in pvp, might even teach you bad habits.

Kazeyonoma
02-24-2011, 11:35 AM
Moved to HALP!

Durc
02-24-2011, 12:33 PM
I'm by no means an expert at all but my main is a subtlety rogue. My talents are all over the place because I haven't bothered to work on them at all but it's still absolutely supreme for PvE in my opinion. Preparation > Ambush > Eviscerate will kill any mob at your level if you're geared for the level and it's ridiculously easy to spam haemorrhage and eviscerate when the combos are up to the max (which takes no time with honour amongst thieves to take out a 2nd mob.

It takes no time to take out 2 mobs and there's no down time because you shouldn't be taking many hits at all by either keeping evasion up or just slicing them up too quickly. You can either pull carefully and take 2 at a time and preparation/shadowstep will be off of cooldown to do it all again after 2 mobs, or just vanish/keep spamming haemorrhage if you pull too many. I tried a couple of other talent builds with the dual spec but nothing came close to my subtlety for speeding through PvE questing.