PDA

View Full Version : Warrior SMF - Higher floor, same ceiling?

Loganisis
02-23-2011, 09:04 PM
Maybe this belongs in the HALP section, but I think it also works here, I'm trying to summarize everything I've found about SMF.

I've been trying to avoid SMF on philosophical grounds (I just love running around swords the size of small cities) but - looking at it now, I'm wondering if I should switch to SMF because it would seem to have a lower floor (faster swings by 33% = fewer dead rage moments)... unless the faster swing timer also means longer to recover to effective levels after a dead rage moment (usually through user error - hitting HS when I shouldn't).

I have access to the same ilvl weapons (346, lower end raiding guild) - so it's not a matter of choose the one you have better weapons for, they're equal.

If my thinking is correct, with SMF having a higher floor though being more forgiving of user mistakes and having the same difficulty to reach the upper end (through not making the mistakes) as long as you have the same weapons levels between your 2Hs and 1Hs, SMF is the way to go, correct?

Trying to summarize the rest of what Squats has posted elsewhere (http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?74334-Fury-Warrior-Gemming-Reforging-Rotation-question&p=494128&highlight=#post494128): (http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?74334-Fury-Warrior-Gemming-Reforging-Rotation-question&p=494128&highlight=#post494128%29:)

Stat prioirty for SMF = TG

Rotation is slightly different BT - <Slam/RB> - BT <Slam/B>. CS still on CD

So with that above - what is the guideline for HS, above 50 rage? Or is it still 80 like TG low hit?

Execute Phase - (I'm really behind here) stack executioner to 5, and maintain while using just BT and HS? (basically drop Slam and RB?)

Anything else specific to SMF?

*Edit* Talents - 3/3 incite, 2/3 deep wounds?

squats
02-24-2011, 12:35 AM
SMF devalues mastery because RB is based off weapon damage.

TG stat value would be 8%hit>26expertise>Str>crit/mastery>hit past 8%>haste
The value of mastery VS crit will change depending on how much of each you have. making a chardev profile and using simcraft like a spreadsheet will work great for fine tuning your characters stats.

SMF looks pretty similar. 8%hit>26expertise>str>crit>mastery/hit past 8%>haste.
The tricky part here is that mastery really isnt a great stat for SMF fury warriors. BUT i would try and get a decent amount so that you can get a better dps increase out of the 4 set bonus.

my suggestion for mastery would be.
If you have a piece of gear with mastery but no crit. turn the mastery into crit.
If the pice of gear has mastery and crit, leave the mastery alone if your rage generation is already good enough to maintain your rotation.

Hit for SMF is still good past 8% where its not that great for TG, mainly because HS is a much greater portion of SMF's overall damage.

After about 14 mastery RB becomes greater than slam for SMF. the priority for the rotation would look like this with the 4 set bonus.

CS>BT>RB(if 4 set will drop off without using it here)>slam/RB(depending on RB's damage)>HS

The best way to tell is just to beat on a dummy and look at recount to see what is doing more damage.
Dont forget to add RB's main hand and off hand together.

Execute phase smf - CS>executioner 5x>BT (burn extra rage with HS, but dont worry let yourself get below 30 rage if possible)
Execute phase TG - CS>executioner 5x>BT>RB (probably wont have extra rage.. but burn it with heroic strike if you do)

Talents
SMF 3/3 incite
TG 3/3 DW

hope this helps... ill fix discrepancy's later.. iv been on duty for 24 hours and awake for 28ish... so.. yeah.. ill check back later.

Tschus
02-24-2011, 03:28 AM
I have a small question here. Why isn't slam in the rotation during execution phase for SMF?

squats
02-24-2011, 03:37 AM
I have a small question here. Why isn't slam in the rotation during execution phase for SMF?
because it does so little damage compared to execute and BT even with the damage buffs to it.

Tschus
02-24-2011, 04:43 AM
because it does so little damage compared to execute and BT even with the damage buffs to it.
But it costs no rage. According to the priority CS>executioner 5x>BT, I'll have a free gcd in a rotation says like BT - free - BT - execution.
Assume I have a slam! proc, if I use execution instead, then it's kinda like trading a slam and a heroic strike for an execution right? Providing that the HS is an extra. I'm not sure which has better damage though.

Bung
02-24-2011, 07:13 AM
I think I can answer that...If you have both abilities off cooldown hitting execute does more damage, plain and simple. You will probably not be in a situation where you are waiting for execute and BT while a slam proc is available.

Loganisis
02-24-2011, 09:20 AM
So until you have the 4pc, hit past 8%> Mastery - with 4pc hit until comfortable = mastery?

Bung
02-25-2011, 07:12 AM
I'm finding close to 12% hit to just feel more "comfortable". It's more forgiving if you use HS at the wrong time and get rage starved. Once in while you get a white miss streak and 8% hit can be tough for SMF.