PDA

View Full Version : Healing Paladin healing or Shaman Healing

Destinia
02-23-2011, 11:40 AM
After all the trouble I have been having as a disc priest, im on the look for a new healing class. I havent healed with my paladin since the very start of LK but she was my 1st healer ever from BC to LK and it seems they are doing very well in the cata instances. I also have a shaman that i thought bout trying they also seem to be doing well. Does anyone have any advice on which of these classes make a stronger healer during this pain time in cata? I miss healing and would like to get back into it. Any advice would be great!!!

Thanks

Katzazi
02-23-2011, 11:46 AM
Priests and Paladins are much better than shaman and druid at the moment. They have CDs to use in oh-shit moments. Even Blizz thinks that it's something imbalanced because of this. There was a blue post that this should be looked at in a future patch (maybe 4.1)

As far as I can see: Paladins have a much easier time than shamans. Priests have an easier times than shamans, too, most of the time.

Sebadoh
02-23-2011, 01:21 PM
What kind of trouble are you having with your Disc Priest?

I raid as one, and have no issues with it. Maybe I can gives advice?

Selene
02-23-2011, 02:26 PM
Maybe try Holy instead of Disc and see how that goes for you?

Destinia
02-24-2011, 08:30 AM
Thanks for advice Kat :) and Sebadoh im just running threw my mana pool non stop, i have been going more intell which maybe my mistake but i was thinking "mmm bigger mana pool less oom moments" but that isnt doing it at all for me..so im having to hit inner focus as soon as its off cd to get a big heal out or prayer of healing to help grp. my armory page is http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/cairne/destiniia/simple if you can see a problem with my gear let me know i know i do have a few low items i think a couple are 308. It could also be my rotation with my priest start with a bubble (i try not to spam since the mana cost is now over 3k) and use prayer of mending so it can bounce around, sometimes use a renew(i read somewhere that disc priest shouldnt use renew or flash healanymore but that doenst make sense) and use penance i use to be able to keep tank and grp up by using my smite heal..ive tried that and it just doesnt do anything anymore other then kill my mana pool even more so i stopped that after my 1st wipe in a reg instance..any advice is great thanks :)

Destinia
02-24-2011, 08:31 AM
Maybe try Holy instead of Disc and see how that goes for you?

Selene im so scared to try holy since my mis-adventure with it in LK lol..but if i cant figure out whats going on with my disc i may have to figure something out

Sebadoh
02-24-2011, 04:25 PM
Thanks for advice Kat :) and Sebadoh im just running threw my mana pool non stop, i have been going more intell which maybe my mistake but i was thinking "mmm bigger mana pool less oom moments" but that isnt doing it at all for me..so im having to hit inner focus as soon as its off cd to get a big heal out or prayer of healing to help grp. my armory page is http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/cairne/destiniia/simple if you can see a problem with my gear let me know i know i do have a few low items i think a couple are 308. It could also be my rotation with my priest start with a bubble (i try not to spam since the mana cost is now over 3k) and use prayer of mending so it can bounce around, sometimes use a renew(i read somewhere that disc priest shouldnt use renew or flash healanymore but that doenst make sense) and use penance i use to be able to keep tank and grp up by using my smite heal..ive tried that and it just doesnt do anything anymore other then kill my mana pool even more so i stopped that after my 1st wipe in a reg instance..any advice is great thanks :)

You should be stacking intellect, it's your main stat as Disc.

Your strategy seems okay, except that Renew is pretty strong now. You should keep it up on the tank when possible, maybe toss it on someone else too. It's a judgement call, but whoever told you not to use it doesn't know what they're talking about. :-P Flash heal of course is awful for mana, I completely replaced it on my keybinds with Binding Heal.

One change you should make - 2 points from Darkness need to go into Inspiration. 10% reduction to physical damage is HUGE.

Honestly, your gear is pretty low level and that's why you're having problems. I had the same issue when I was in your position, then I got more heroic gear and things became a lot easier.

edit: okay because I'm bored, here's some stuff you can do to help the situation

- Enchant your helm and legs. Hyjal should be the first rep you work on as a healing Priest, because it gives you a nice cloak at honored, the helm enchant at revered, and a sexy epic belt at exalted. (In the meantime use the old WotLK enchant, it's a little bit of Int and Spirit) For your legs, use one of the cheaper Ghostly Spellthread which is I think 55 int and 45 spirit - nothing to sneeze at.

- Any piece that does not have Spirit should be reforged to have it. Go through every piece of gear and get some more Spirit.

- If you have the time for a little questing, head down to Uldum and grab a Talisman of Sinister Order (http://www.wowhead.com/item=65804) which is a damn good pre-heroic trinket, much better than the regular Hourglass.

- When you get nicer bracers, put Spirit on them rather than Haste. This can wait until you get rid of the pvp blue though :-P

- Don't stack Mastery exclusively. Remember that all of your secondary stats (Haste/Crit/Mastery) feed off of one another, so you want a mix of all 3.

Destinia
02-25-2011, 06:07 AM
Thank you so much!!!!! Going to go work on that quest cause yes that trinket is AH-mazing def need that!!! Thank you for the advice ill def remove my flash heal and put binding heal on there that is one spell i honestly never used. Ill also start to work on my hyjal rep not sure where they are now and yes the pvp blues have go to go i bought them just to up my GS so i could do heroics, which they obviously arent helping at all LOL. I think most of my stuff i reforged i went to mastery so i may lower some of my mastery for spirit just to help :) Thank you so much again!!!