PDA

View Full Version : Heroic Conclave of Wind

Ciderhelm
02-22-2011, 12:43 AM
0jnUselPwAU

Hello, and welcome to Tankspot's Heroic Cataclysm Raid Guide. My name is Papapaint, and in this video, I will be discussing the strategy for defeating the Conclave of Wind on Heroic Mode in the Throne of the Four Winds instance.

This video will assume you are familiar with the normal mode version of the encounter, and deal only with the changes present in hard mode. Conclave of wind, unlike the other hard modes in Cataclysm, has very few changes from normal mode--in fact, aside from a tuning increase, only one new ability has actually been added. Rohash will now occasionally cast a buff on himself called "Storm Shield." This will absorb the next 450,000 damage done to Rohash, and he will deal 30,000 damage a second to all players on his platform so long as the shield is active. Simply DPS the shield down ASAP to cut down significantly on the incoming damage. In addition, Wind Blast moves significantly faster now, and covers a larger part of the platform. The first wind blast comes immediately after storm shield, and tends to be the most difficult.

The AoE explosion cast by the adds on Anshal's platform deals significantly more damage, so you may find the most success using a kiter, rather than trying to tank them and DPS them down--a DK can easily kite them with Howling Blast.

A majority of this fight on hardmode boils down to your raid's ability to effectively split and balance your DPS to handle the Storm Shield and Rohash's ultimate. You'll want two players--ideally a healer and a DPS with a damage reduction cooldown--to absorb Rohash's ultimate. We chose to use a rogue, simply because he could cloak off the damage increasing stacks of slicing gale. The fewer stacks your raid members have before the ultimates, the better. You still need to kill all the bosses at the same time, and Anshal heals for significantly more now, so plan your DPS around that. In the end, we chose to send 9 DPS to Rohash and 7 to Anshal, but your balance may be different.

Get all the bosses low, knock out Anshal and Rohash, then get to Nezir and beat the snot out of him. As long as your dps is controlled well, this should be one of the easier hardmodes you'll encounter in Cataclysm.

Thanks for watching this guide. I have included footage of the encounter, along with some commentary about some of our specific strategy choices. If you're interested in future raid guides, subscribe to this channel. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them either in the encounter thread on tankspot or here on youtube.

Blacksen
02-22-2011, 01:24 AM
"One of the easier hardmodes" - huge mistake. After failing to heed the warning of others, my guild fell into the trap: the biggest mistake a 2/13 heroic guild can make is trying Conclave next. Conclave drops terrible rewards for a lot of time investment. Go to heroic Maloriak (9 pieces of loot) or heroic Atramedes (very easy).

Also, this guide lacks a lot of useful information:

First, the AoE from the adds doesn't just hit significantly harder - it's lethal. A single tick will kill most raid members. Kiting them is the only option, which is very different from the normal mode. When Toxic Spores gets close in the timer, you must have everyone focusing on avoiding them. In the normal mode, kiting the adds is not optional because Anshal heals percent-based per add alive.

Second, the Wind Blast becomes lethal. Getting hit by Wind Blast dishes out ~100k damage. In 90% of cases, you will die getting hit by a single tick of Wind Blast. For this reason, it's strongly recommended that everyone use movement speed increasing abilities and get near the boss. If you stay near the boss, the amount you need to move is much less. Melee are ideal, but can get unlucky and taken out of melee range by tornado's at critical moments. Healer wise, priests are best with the ability to bubble before Storm Shield, use Prayer of Healing for powerful group healing, and Body and Soul to help avoid Wind Blast.

Lastly, the damage is extreme rather than "pathetic" like it was before. Tanks will need cooldowns for any Permafrost above 5 stacks. You'll want to coordinate Aura Mastery and raid-wide damage reducing cooldowns while stacking up to take advantage of healing cooldowns at Nezir. Not only that, but the frost patches now stack a debuff rather than providing an aura-type effect. Similar to heroic Rotface, every tick slows your movement speed by 20%. At 5 stacks, you will be stuck and will quickly die. To counter this, start spreading out with about 3-4 seconds left on Nezir's Ultimate. Oh, and your tank will need to rotate cooldowns on the plant platform. Anshal will hit for 250-300k unmitigated for the 15 seconds after his ult ends.

swills
02-22-2011, 05:35 AM
I wish you guys would post some 10-man vids too.

The majority of the 10-man fights seem significantly harder than the 25s, and a lot of the strategies used on 25s don't apply to 10s.

Scottpoet
02-22-2011, 07:00 AM
good guide

Rennadrel
02-22-2011, 07:06 AM
I wish you guys would post some 10-man vids too.

The majority of the 10-man fights seem significantly harder than the 25s, and a lot of the strategies used on 25s don't apply to 10s.

10 man is all about raid composition, and most people aren't dense enough to run heroic mode encounters on 10 man with looking at how difficult and strict they are for tuning.

Bovinity
02-22-2011, 07:29 AM
Oh, and your tank will need to rotate cooldowns on the plant platform. Anshal will hit for 250-300k unmitigated for the 15 seconds after his ult ends.

Because our other Nezir tank was basically just standing around on Anshal's platform when he wasn't on Nezir, we had them playing taunt ping-pong after Zephyr so they weren't just eating the buffed melee hits for the entire duration.

Papapaint
02-22-2011, 08:13 AM
"One of the easier hardmodes" - huge mistake. After failing to heed the warning of others, my guild fell into the trap: the biggest mistake a 2/13 heroic guild can make is trying Conclave next. Conclave drops terrible rewards for a lot of time investment. Go to heroic Maloriak (9 pieces of loot) or heroic Atramedes (very easy).

This is probably debateable, although I'll grant that Maloriak is probably easier. However, Conclave is significantly easier than Omnotron, Magmaw, and everything past Halfus in BoT.

Also, this guide lacks a lot of useful information:

First, the AoE from the adds doesn't just hit significantly harder - it's lethal. A single tick will kill most raid members. Kiting them is the only option, which is very different from the normal mode.

Kiting the adds is not the only options, as there are multiple guilds that have DPS'd down the adds in the short time window before explosions.

Second, the Wind Blast becomes lethal. Getting hit by Wind Blast dishes out ~100k damage. In 90% of cases, you will die getting hit by a single tick of Wind Blast. For this reason, it's strongly recommended that everyone use movement speed increasing abilities and get near the boss. If you stay near the boss, the amount you need to move is much less. Melee are ideal, but can get unlucky and taken out of melee range by tornado's at critical moments. Healer wise, priests are best with the ability to bubble before Storm Shield, use Prayer of Healing for powerful group healing, and Body and Soul to help avoid Wind Blast.

If more information like this is needed in the guides, I'm happy to include it; however, we had a mix of melee and ranged, didn't need body and soul, and used a setup that gave us a bit of leeway on movement. I'm trying to avoid micromanaging raids in these, and simply presenting important information so that people can then figure out what exactly works best for their raid.

Lastly, the damage is extreme rather than "pathetic" like it was before. Tanks will need cooldowns for any Permafrost above 5 stacks.

I say this.

You'll want to coordinate Aura Mastery and raid-wide damage reducing cooldowns while stacking up to take advantage of healing cooldowns at Nezir.

I say this too.

Not only that, but the frost patches now stack a debuff rather than providing an aura-type effect. Similar to heroic Rotface, every tick slows your movement speed by 20%. At 5 stacks, you will be stuck and will quickly die. To counter this, start spreading out with about 3-4 seconds left on Nezir's Ultimate.

I believe the stacking movement debuff is present on normal as well, although I could be wrong.

Oh, and your tank will need to rotate cooldowns on the plant platform. Anshal will hit for 250-300k unmitigated for the 15 seconds after his ult ends.

Did not know this.

Dannyl
02-22-2011, 10:29 AM
If more information like this is needed in the guides, I'm happy to include it; however, we had a mix of melee and ranged, didn't need body and soul, and used a setup that gave us a bit of leeway on movement. I'm trying to avoid micromanaging raids in these, and simply presenting important information so that people can then figure out what exactly works best for their raid.
Let me be the first to say, this is how I prefer these vids tbh. I make a lot of use of tankspot vids, among others I look up, and once we begin formulating our strats for our raid, they rarely follow exact or even close to what these guides suggest. Raiding is all about finding what works for you, not what works for everyone. The biggest contribution of videos is actually seeing the fight before hand, so we always have an idea what to expect. The details are ironed out after the first couple of pulls and as I said, we often deviate from the standard path.

I believe the stacking movement debuff is present on normal as well, although I could be wrong.
I believe it is as well.

I only have one question, concerning the adds on Anshal. Do you still need to kill the adds before the ultimate? I believe you said no but wanted to confirm this, since it seems unlikely that a single frost DK could kill all the adds in timely manner.

swills
02-22-2011, 10:36 AM
10 man is all about raid composition, and most people aren't dense enough to run heroic mode encounters on 10 man with looking at how difficult and strict they are for tuning.
I'm not really sure if you were just being unhelpful, or straight up trying to insult to appear superior, or what really.

I've cleared several 10m HC modes. There's still a significant dearth of information on them.

Predakhan
02-22-2011, 12:22 PM
I'm not really sure if you were just being unhelpful, or straight up trying to insult to appear superior, or what really.

I've cleared several 10m HC modes. There's still a significant dearth of information on them.

I also would like to see more heroic 10 man videos.

We tried this in 10 man and Rohash's shield destroyed us. There seemed to be no way to take down the shield fast enough and the healer had no chance to keep us alive long enough.

What are the platform breakdown for 10 man?

Audibly
02-22-2011, 07:02 PM
I only have one question, concerning the adds on Anshal. Do you still need to kill the adds before the ultimate? I believe you said no but wanted to confirm this, since it seems unlikely that a single frost DK could kill all the adds in timely manner.

You do not. In fact, you can't kill them, because most of the time Soothing Breeze will spawn underneath them. They also won't despawn when the fight ends. Note that once Anshal dies and everyone else has bailed off that platform, you can go help burn down Nezir with the rest of the raid. As long as no one jumps back to Anshal's platform, you can either zone out to get out of combat, rebuff, change specs, etc. or you can leave and soft-reset the instance to get rid of them.

The single most important thing for Frost kiting is to make sure you're at the full 17% spell hitcap. The adds are level 88 and a missed Howling Blast can kill you.

Xcuse
02-23-2011, 12:49 AM
It definately is, I haven't had a single pull on heroic on this boss yet, but I recall having to lifegrip another priest out of the frost patch on 10m because she couldn't move, so yes, this is the case on normal aswell.

On top of that (for 25m) I'm pretty sure that the difficulty goes among the lines of Halfus -> Atramedes -> Chimaeron -> Maloriak. Depending on how good your healers are, how many melee you have and how good your raid is at movement, the 3 last bosses could change positions but Halfus is definately the one to start with.

In addition, Magmaw is (supposedly) much easier after the fixes aswell, so I guess you could choose between Magmaw and Conclave should you want to have a choice.

Dannyl
02-23-2011, 01:04 AM
The single most important thing for Frost kiting is to make sure you're at the full 17% spell hitcap. The adds are level 88 and a missed Howling Blast can kill you.
Cheers for the response, that helped. I'm cringing at the 17% hit though. It's not often a melee is asked to get that kind of gear, so I'm thinking also a hunter could perform the kiting duty, saving the issue of stacking so much special gear for just one encounter.

klausi
02-23-2011, 01:13 AM
Cheers for the response, that helped. I'm cringing at the 17% hit though. It's not often a melee is asked to get that kind of gear, so I'm thinking also a hunter could perform the kiting duty, saving the issue of stacking so much special gear for just one encounter.
Sounds like you didn't read the patch notes :)

"The spell hit bonus previously given by Virulence (Unholy) has been rolled into the Runic Focus (http://www.wowhead.com/spell=61455) passive effect that all death knights possess."

So all you need is the regular style hitcap (8%) that you maybe already needed on 10m interrupt duty anway.

Dannyl
02-23-2011, 02:07 AM
Sounds like you didn't read the patch notes :)
Indeed I didn't. Pretty much stopped playing my DK entirely when Cataclysm came out :)

But still, still good news. Makes the whole thing much more do-able.

Trexokor
02-23-2011, 03:59 AM

You're grossly overestimating the difficulty of the 15 seconds after Anshal's special.

3 of the 15 seconds are a non-issue, because he has to travel to you first. He has a large melee range, but the platform is also fairly large. They do their special every 2 minutes, almost precisely, if I recall. Save one of your major damage mitigation cooldowns for it, and keep a Holy Paladin on the platform if you've got one for Hand of Sacrifice. With these stacked, your tank takes as little damage as when Anshal is not buffed, and it lasts the entire duration. And Anshal hits very weak when he's not buffed.

Legionella
02-23-2011, 05:33 AM
I would also like some more info on the 10 man heroic versions of some fights.For this fight its pretty hard without the right setup if not impossible. You can dps the shield down with 2 dps if they have huge burst potential like a frost mage. The other dps should always be a rogue since he can cloak of the debuff. This means if u havent got a mage in your group your option is to have 3 dps there but then youll have problems on the green platform handling adds.If you havent got a rogue you cannot do Heroic Conclave as far as I know GG Bliz!Dpsing down the adds and dmging the green boss is also very tedious and requires classes that can kite/slow otherwise its not doable apart from the very high dps you want to put out to actually do some dps to the boss aswell.All in all this fight is very much harder for 10 man groups (apart from the ones with the ideal setup) and in my opinion, fights with no real dependency on 1 or 2 specific classes are easier. Like Omnitron or Maloriak or even Valiona etc.

Blacksen
02-23-2011, 07:43 AM
You're grossly overestimating the difficulty of the 15 seconds after Anshal's special.

3 of the 15 seconds are a non-issue, because he has to travel to you first. He has a large melee range, but the platform is also fairly large. They do their special every 2 minutes, almost precisely, if I recall. Save one of your major damage mitigation cooldowns for it, and keep a Holy Paladin on the platform if you've got one for Hand of Sacrifice. With these stacked, your tank takes as little damage as when Anshal is not buffed, and it lasts the entire duration. And Anshal hits very weak when he's not buffed.

I never said that it was "hard" - it's pretty easy, actually. As you said, your tank should move pretty far away to throw in travel time. We use a warrior that rotates shield block + last stand + hand of sacrifice with shield wall + trinkets. But if you don't have those up, he will one-shot you: that's the point.

Papapaint
02-23-2011, 08:18 AM
I never said that it was "hard" - it's pretty easy, actually. As you said, your tank should move pretty far away to throw in travel time. We use a warrior that rotates shield block + last stand + hand of sacrifice with shield wall + trinkets. But if you don't have those up, he will one-shot you: that's the point.

Sounds like something players should already be familiar with from normal mode before watching this video.

Fluffysteel
02-24-2011, 02:14 PM
Ive been watching TankSpot vids for a long time and they have been very helpful to my guild over that time. I make this post to tell Papapaint that i really enjoy the videos, no offense to any of the guide makers but Papapaint sounds human when he speaks. It makes it more interesting to me, he doesn't stray from the point of the guide but little jokes here and there keep me watching. All i wanted to say was thanks Tankspot for the excellent guides and thanks Papapaint for an enjoyable commentary.

Fluffysteel - Bleeding Hollow

Sabje
02-27-2011, 03:20 PM
a question here does the tanks has to switch with a number of stacks of windchill or do they switch around 70 energy?? Or can someone tell me what is best? Ty in advance

SnowWar
02-27-2011, 10:55 PM
Dito to what Sabje said.

+ I want to ask regarding the healing and healing setup also. Do you go with 6 or 7 healers?

How do they start out? How many on each platform, what healers and how did you switch them for ultimates?

How do you deal with the healer switching and the obvious tank dmg on Anshal after the ulti & specially the tank dmg on the Nezir?

Ty

Kazeyonoma
03-02-2011, 11:50 AM
Anyone have any ideas as to a strat for 10 man hardmode? We were getting slaughtered by the wind bosses shield.

Darksend
03-03-2011, 07:46 PM
We did 10 man hard mode alikir, but killed council on normal to get to him, 10 man hard on this is pretty rough

Papapaint
03-03-2011, 08:04 PM
Anyone have any ideas as to a strat for 10 man hardmode? We were getting slaughtered by the wind bosses shield.

A friend of mine stuck their pally tank and kiter on anshal, tank + healer on nezir, and then had one healer, one tank, and 4 dps on Rohash. As soon as shield went down, 3 dps booked it to anshal, then to nezir for ulti, then back to rohash for shield, etc. Definitely hectic.

cynixa
03-04-2011, 11:36 AM
Well if you want to do it 10man heroic you should have 3 healers, 2 tank and rest DPS.
We had me(Fury Warrior) and a Unholy Dk on rohash with a Resto Druid healing us, the shield ticket maximum twice.
On Nezir we had a Paladin healer with a Warrior Tank and on Anshal we had Spriest, Frost or Fire Mage (he switched a few times) and a Hunter, Shaman healer and Paladin Tank.
Our biggest problem was the fall dmg the Dk took on rohash after each Ultimate but its realy possible, if we would have had a Rogue instead of the Dk it would have been an almost perfect setup i think.

holyavatar
03-04-2011, 04:01 PM
Thanks very much for posting this guide.

One more question about add kiting, if I may. Basically, what comes of the adds over the course of the fight? Are they eventually killed by the DK and ancillary AOE dps (Starfalls, fire mage dots, etc), or is the DK expected to kite all 10-12 mobs until the end of the fight? Obviously, the fight is going to last long enough for two waves of adds to be spawned (maybe 3?), so are the new adds just picked up and added to the kite pile?

Or is it like the deal on some fights where if there are already mobs present, no more spawn? And there have been statements made that the number of adds up during the Anshal Ultimate does not affect how much he heals? Is that correct?

Early videos of kills on this encounter show the adds being dps'ed. Obviously, more direct damage can be done to the boss if you ignore the adds as dps targets, but as the fight goes on, don't things get quite hazardous for your DK?

Thanks again.

Peca
03-04-2011, 04:16 PM
@ holyavatar (http://www.tankspot.com/member.php?101094-holyavatar)
DK just kite adds and not kill them.Mostly cause boss usually place healing zone under them.Three to four waves of adds are in most cases kill.Most annoying part is that adds can bug out sometime so you need to rly be on your toes if that happen.For us that happened in second spawn and that add will just stay and do nothing for 2-3 sec.Hunter is good to lead that add to dk that tanks.You also want mage on that platform to help kite and helping on adds,cause sometime even hit capped dk will get loose adds when he do hungering cold.
Btw adds dont affect boss healing on ultimate,only bad thing that can happen is if dk kiter cross with adds over middle so boss place healing zone where boss will stand.

Monoxide
03-04-2011, 07:25 PM
I was wondering if someone could give me some suggestions for this fight. I'm in a 10 man raiding guild, and here is our setup:

Prot Paladin
Bear Druid (kitty OS)
Resto Druid (Balance OS)
Holy Paladin
Disc/Holy Priest
Fire/Frost Mage
Warlock (normally Destro/UA but can play Demo if needed)
Hunter (normally MM but can play SV if needed)
Fury Warrior (Arms OS but can play Prot if needed)
Enhance Shaman (Resto OS but can play Ele if needed)

All classes I listed with off specs have the needed gear to play those off specs. This is what we have to work with. We have no Rogue or DK. What would you guys suggest we do in terms of this boss? Originally we tried with the Paladin+Warlock+Enhance Shaman on Rohash, Resto Druid+Bear Druid+Fury Warrior+Hunter+Mage on Anshal, Prot Paladin+Holy Priest on Nezir. Kept having trouble with adds. Warlock+Shaman got Rohash's shield down just fine, it's the adds that are an issue for us.

I was intrigued by your post, Papapaint, about a friend of yours putting 4 DPS on Rohash and then having them leave and go back to Anshal.

Does anyone think this could work? Putting the Mage or Hunter on Anshal, just to kite full time? Can either of them do it? Does it have to be a DK?

cynixa
03-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Monoxide the Setip isnt the best you could have but well as you listed the Classes and Specs im going to make my suggestion how it could work out for you.

Tanks: Prot Paladin
Prot Warrior
Healers: Resto Druid
Holy Paladin
Disc/Holy Priest
Dps: Destro Lock
MM Hunter
Fire Mage
Enhancement Shaman
Kity Druid

You should have the Lock, Mage and Hunter on Anshal to keep good Dps on him and to kill the Adds after they spawned (kite them over a trap and frostnova them if needed, but stay away 2 seconds before they start to explode) the Explosion is the reason why i would choose a Destro over a Demonology Warlock, Demo might get killed by the Adds.

Enhance and Kitty should stay on Rohash and Dps him i would suggest giving them the Priest Healer for Shields before the Stormshield.

As you dont have a class which can remove the stacks from Rohash i would let the Druid stay on him alone for the first Ultimate, as he wont get that huge falldmg after it, doing it like this you will have 2 Healers at Nezir. The priest might have to give him Pain Supression/Guardian of Spirits before the Stormshield to save his live.
For the second Ultimate i would let the priest stay on Rohash as he can Levitate to prevent falldmg and youll be giving your Druid the chance to reset his stacks.
This will lead to only having 1 real healer at Nezir (you should have both Druids for tranq there maybe) on the 3rd ultimate you can just repeat what you did on the first.

I hope it will help your Guild to kill them.

Monoxide
03-10-2011, 08:01 AM
Thanks a lot for your imput. Our raid comp has actually changed slightly, we no longer have a Warlock and instead have a Rogue, as well as having our Shaman switch to Ele. I think we're going to try it with the Rogue+Warrior on Rohash and the the rest of the ranged on Anshal. Then the Rogue can cover every ultimate. I really appreciate your input though, and if you or anyone else have any suggestions please just let me know =D

gripleareli
03-29-2011, 08:36 AM
Nah, you can miss on a swindlers luck too and it wont go off. Basically you must land your regular attack for the HO to complete.BTW, why do they call it "Swindlers Luck" when its about the most unlucky thing that can happen? Every time it goes off, I feel like Im the one who got swindledSD

Amsner
04-14-2011, 10:44 PM
I have to say, my guild went from having some healing problems on nezirs platform during the ultimate with a healer + DPS on rohash, to laughing at it, when i enabled the healer to go over to nezirs platform.

This is easily manageable with a rogue (being combat helps the most) that has decent raid awareness (IE: if hes in your raid for this fight, he should be able to do this). I spec into 2/2 Improved recuperate for my 2 floating points, for obvious reasons. We have everyone on rohash move over to nezir at about 80-85, except for myself (combat rogue) and a resto druid. The resto druid keeps me healed, and gets all her hots ticking on me and jumps over at about 95, meanwile at 90+ i have a recuperate going, and am building up another 5 points for a recup during/after the final. At 98 i cloak the stacks off me, and wait until the last possible second to hit feint. With recuperate, and all her hots ticking (recoup can keep me up just fine) i usually end the final at or damn near 100% HP. Being an engineer, i wait until i fall about half way to 3/4ths of the way down and hit my parachute. The boss will fire off one slicing gale (on the first final) before he starts spinning up for his windblast. I then call out if the rohash people can jump back, or if they need to wait until its over. Usually rohash is a good bit ahead of anshal, and the dps can wait a little bit to jump back over. On the 2nd final, everything is done the exact same (your cloak and parachute cooldowns will be available again at the given times) up until after the final. After the final you want your DPS to jump back pretty soon, because the spinning up is delayed a bit longer. We choose to have players come back before the wind blast hits, instead of after, following the 2nd final, because we want people to have their dots/debuffs/buffs rolling so the shield can be broken ASAP. If you have a rogue with a mic, and can tell if the raid group would, or would not get blasted off by the first wind blast, i would suggest making him go combat, and soaking this himself.

Aside from that, this is one of the easier fights, as the only parts that get harder, are its a bit more healing intensive, a bit more DPS intensive (mainly only on rohash/nezir), and you need someone kiting adds. Aside from that, the only real mechanic that can wipe you is wind blast, which even sped up, is pretty damn easy. Really what i boils down to, is how well you can manage the normal mode mechanics; expecting the worst at all times. Now saying that, its not one of the earlier hardmodes a guild should go for, and should be put off until around 5/13

Carisma
04-17-2011, 08:14 PM
if alot of the 10 mans are harder than the 25 mans, why is 25's still considered the "Real Raid." and you guys do need to post 10 man video along with 25 man videos, because not everyone runs 25's.

Garbid
04-20-2011, 08:45 PM
We've been trying this on 10man.
We got the usual tank+healer rotating from nature to frost, frost DK kiting adds and a rogue on wind guy.
Rest of the dps jumps just from frost to windguy, burns through the shield with usually only 1 tick.
Windblast has been teasing us quite a bit but this is the plan:
Rotate as said above through 2 ultimatums, windguy should be on very low health by then. Plan is to have him on such a low health that the rogue can finish him off before a third shield, he then goes on to frost and finish him off while the rest of the dps goes to nature as soon as the second ultimatum is done, burns the nature guy. Then during third ultimatum we gather on the frost platform to seal the deal if he ain't dead already.
How tight is the dps required for the nature guy? Would we need to endure a third stormshield while most of the dps are killing the nature guy and finish off wind+frost during/after third ultimatum ? Or does my plan seem ok ? So far we've been at the best try wiped on second ulti cause of tank death or sleet storm as windblast has usually diminished our numbers. And windguy was low enough to be finished off by the rogue according to him :)

klausi
04-20-2011, 11:00 PM
Unless you're all in heroic gear your dps won't be enough with every dps on the wind plattform for two phases and one player taken out entirely (kiting duty), Anshal still got some hitpoints you've to bring down in only 60s afterwards. And what's about your Nezir progress? I really doubt you pull off the numbers to bring him down in only three ultimate phases without pulling a hero/lust.

Garbid
04-21-2011, 10:03 AM
Doesn't Anshal heal to full during his ultimatum ? Anyways our dps is good enough to get windguy and frost guy to 5% so after the second ulti, we have two on 5% or less and only Anshal on full health. I might be missing something here...
Having all dps rotate from frost to wind, they get suchs a lead on wind guy that they can jump over to frost sooner, so there is more dps on him then just during the ultimatum.

Eviriel
04-26-2011, 06:16 AM

The stacking debuff is most definitely on normal mode as well. I recall bubbling the stacks off once, but the stacking debuff is best dealt with in normal mode by the tanks swapping platforms before the Ultimate.

Eviriel
04-27-2011, 02:35 PM
The stacking debuff is most definitely on normal mode as well. I recall bubbling the stacks off once, but the stacking debuff is best dealt with in normal mode by the tanks swapping platforms before the Ultimate.

Oops! Correction: There is a stacking debuff on normal, but it can't be bubbled off in either normal or heroic mode.

Kazeyonoma
04-27-2011, 03:28 PM
i can be god bubbled off, but not bop'd. so in 10 man normal, i think our first time kill revolved around abusing having a prot pally and holy pally on that platform, to just stay there for the 1 full rotation by god bubbling their debuffs off.

Endurabull
05-26-2011, 07:19 PM
Going to be doing this tonight. We have killed it on 25 but are raiding 10 man to do al akir (can't do him on 25 man) and most of us have BiS gear out of conclave too, so we figured why not. Our Setup:

Tanks:
Prot Paladin
Blood DK

Heals:
Holy Paladin
Disc Priest
Resto Druid

MDPS:
Fury Warrior
Kitty Druid

RDPS:
Arcane or Fire Mage
Destro or Affl Lock
Boomkin

Our plan is to abuse paladin bubbling off the frost debuff, so paladin heal + tank on frost, Blood DK on Nature with all ranged DPS + Druid Healer, and all melee dps + Disc Priest on Wind. We are still working out how we will handle everything, but we are thinking that we should be able to focus fire down the adds as they spawn (arcane mage using AB will auto slow them, plus DK tank can use Chains of Ice if needed, plus we have demo lock aoe stun, and boomkin knockback), use priest bubble + dps cooldowns for first storm shield, personal cooldowns (shield wall/survival instincts) for second and rotate back/forth between those 2.

Obviously Nature DPS will be swapping to Nezir for his ultimate and to get some extra dps on him, then back to nature. What I am mainly concerned with is how we will handle the wind debuff stacks. Is it possible to just have the nature and frost healers switch at a pre determined point to reset stacks, and dps on nature can swap out before first ultimate, then swap back in before storm shield to burn it down? I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Groundpoundr
05-30-2011, 02:23 PM
Requesting a little bit of feedback for 10 Heroic; here's our setup:

Tanks:
Prot Warrior
Prot Paladin

Healers:
Holy Paladin x2
Disc Priest (Later swapped for Resto Shaman)

DPS:
Fire Mage
Sub Rogue (For cloaking purposes on Rohash's platform)
Hunter (Unsure at this time as to what spec)
Feral Druid
Frost DK (Anshal Add kiting duty)

We began the encounter with the prot and holy paladin, Mage, and Hunter on Nezir's platform, with the healer and tank bubbling off the debuff. Prot warrior and other holy paladin on Anshal's platform (Mage and hunter switched over when adds spawned) along with the frost DK for kiting. The Rogue and Druid were on Rohash's platform along with the disc priest. We ran into problems with on the wind platform as the melee dps were unable to consistently get down the shield in time/additional deaths from wind shear...The adds on Anshals platform are dying before the ultimate, but we can't seem to sync our platforms success.

Any suggestions as to strat modifications? I think a one tank strat for the adds plus Anshal having myself use shockwave/warlock using shadowfury in between add AoE timers may be more effective and free's up one more DPS for the encounter..may be useful?

Daspiderman
06-01-2011, 09:46 AM
Nice, it helps a lot.

Bovinity
06-01-2011, 09:50 AM
We began the encounter with the prot and holy paladin, Mage, and Hunter on Nezir's platform, with the healer and tank bubbling off the debuff. Prot warrior and other holy paladin on Anshal's platform (Mage and hunter switched over when adds spawned) along with the frost DK for kiting. The Rogue and Druid were on Rohash's platform along with the disc priest. We ran into problems with on the wind platform as the melee dps were unable to consistently get down the shield in time/additional deaths from wind shear...The adds on Anshals platform are dying before the ultimate, but we can't seem to sync our platforms success.

Have one or both DPS from Nezir swapping to Rohash before Storm Shield to nuke it down, then head right back to Nezir/Anshal as needed. Storm Shield is generally the failure point on Council and there's no shame in sending extra force over just to deal with that for a few seconds.

Zellviren
06-07-2011, 01:33 AM
We were pretty confident when we got there last night, and after two hours of getting absolutely nowhwere (10 man) we sacked it. Rohash's shield? No problem. Dealing with Anshal's adds? An absolute nightmare. We tried literally everything to deal with them and nothing worked. Killing them before they pulsed? No, because two DPS are at Rohash for the shield. Kiting them (Survival hunter)? No, because they spawn in a spread and tend to ignore traps. Having all DPS blow through Rohash's shield and then run to Anshal? Not even close, they don't have time to kill them prior to jumping to Nezir. Piercing Howl turned out handy, but what's supposed to happen when I'm tanking Nezir?

Yet another encounter where the difference in difficulty between 10 and 25 man is criminally steep. If you don't have the spec to cheese it (Frost death knight), you will find this one absolutely horrendous - it shouldn't be attempted (in our experience) prior to probably 7/13; maybe even later. If you do happen to run with a DPS death knight and your other DPS are strong, it's a prime candidate after Halfus.

Our worst fight of the expansion, by a country mile.

klausi
06-07-2011, 05:56 AM
You basically got three options to deal with the adds:
a) CC them with a circle of frost/hungering cold until their pulse is over and kill them in the 15 seconds afterwards

+ you can do this even with a melee heavy lineup
- you'll need either a frost dk or a frost mage, stunning them destro warlock or prot warrior didn't worked out for us on a reliable basis
- a mage is also pretty strong on assisting on the wind plateau (100% deep freeze critrate if geared correctly for wind shield) + capable of resetting stacks (twice as frost) + slow fall

b) kill them on range while ignoring the pulses. Your tank will have to run to the other side of the plateau while your ranged dps (hunter, owl and/or mage all got reliable ranged snares/roots) kill them before they reach the camp

+ you don't have to rely on either mage or dps dk class to make this work
- your melee will be deported to the wind plateau and if you don't happen to have a rogue there for resetting the stacks it's almost impossible (our ret only barely manages this twice with a slow fall and this was before the WOG nerf)

c) kite the adds the entire time

+ you can use a third dps for the wind shield and have him jump to frost right afterwards to even the dps out for all plateaus
- you'll need a very skilled kiter, a frost dk or hunter can do this, to pick up the second round of adds while don't die to the pulses

Basically all of this comps come down to a certain raidcomp/class comp to work. This fight can either be a cakewalk or a nightmare on 10m.

And you shouldn't underestimate the frost plateau, having only 1 tank and 1 healer there is barely manageable (from mana point of view) with peaks to 17kish dps taken. Add another person who can't heal on his own or at least assist passively (eg: Shadow Priest, Enhancer) and things can be rough. But this is (AGAIN!!) depending on the used classes.. a prot paladin can reset his stacks with a bubble and a holy paladin as well for sure while a DK can avoid some stacks with AMS entirely.

Aggathon
06-15-2011, 02:39 AM
This fight can <verb> my <noun>, but we finally got it down tonight in 10 man.