PDA

View Full Version : DPS Best Magmaw strat with my make-up

Pseudocide
02-18-2011, 07:27 AM
I recently switched mains to a prot warrior when my guild downgraded from 25s(7/12) to two 10s(11/12)(1/12). We were a caster heavy guild and I played a sPriest, so I decided to be a team player and pull the switch to help out. Anyway, our second 10 man team started up this week and we were able to down Omnitron after a few wipes.

We moved to Magmaw and tried the same strategy that our guild has used since December (10 and 25): Ranged stack on the left/right and move as a group to the opposite side right before pillar comes. OT moves out and tanks worms while they are AoE'd down. The issue is we couldn't get the worms down fast enough, I would be tanking 2 or 3 nearly every time the next pillar would explode. Our group make-up is sub-optimal and its pretty set, so there isn't much shimmy room.

DPS was: Enh shaman x 2, Aff Lock, Destro Lock, Fire Mage. One of the shamans will more than likely be switched with a Ret Pally, which honestly won't help us much AoE/CC wise.

My question is can anyone suggest a strategy that will work better with our group make up?

Katzazi
02-18-2011, 07:32 AM
I've discribed in detail our strategy for 10man normal in this threat: http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?74173-Magmaw-adds-as-Warrior&p=492253#post492253 (http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?74173-Magmaw-adds-as-Warrior) (should link post #7 but is not working for me).

We had a comparable problem that our dps could not burn the parasites down fast enough when we first tried to do so. Since you are a prot warrior maybe our strategy is something for you. It simplifys it for everybody but the warrior tank who has to be quite alert. But if you think that you can do it, try it out.

Illidra
02-18-2011, 11:19 AM
enh shamans should drop fire nova for add waves, shadowfury from destro lock, fire mage, spam FS and blast nova.

for magmaww i just go dps, when adds spawn i jsut OuBr pestillence DnD them helps alot. i thinky your main issue is lack of frost trap. earthbind could help alot here.

uglie
02-19-2011, 04:37 AM
For us having our 1 lock switch to demo and use felguards WW on the adds helped out a ton. I could only imagine what 2 felguards would do.

Murderdoll
02-21-2011, 01:19 AM
Yeah I play an Enh Shaman and what I do is try to do is simply drop Earthbind and Magma Totem in their path. Our AoE is pretty atrocious but it helps. If your Shamans are Call of Flame specced (and perhaps Fire Nova specced although some prefer LS talents) it should atleast make a dint.

If you get overwhelmed, they can chuck down Fire Elementals. I imagine slows are a bit iffy without a Freezing Trap or Frost mage so id definitely suggest getting one of them to chuck down Earthbind. It lasts 40 seconds or what have you so it will be down for 2 Pillars. Its not like there are any other Earth Totems of use.