PDA

View Full Version : Death Knight Anti-Magic Zone on Heroic Maloriak

Polymerase
02-17-2011, 11:00 PM
Was just wondering if there was any information on the use of Anti-Magic Zone during the Red Vial Phase(s) on Heroic Maloriak for soaking Scorching Blasts. Began trying it out tonight, unfortunately only for 2 attempts before raid time ended, and came up with mixed Results. The one or two times it was successfully placed without being eaten up by poorly interrupted Arcane Storms, the raid was only taken down to around 75% hp, instead of the regular 10-20%.

I unfortunately don't have any logs to help with this, but I was wondering if there were any other guilds using this, or if it's even worth it.

Blacksen
02-18-2011, 02:25 AM
Definitely worth it. Also great on Nefarian. It fails on fights like Magmaw, Omnotron, and Chimaeron though.

Most guilds will end up destroying the enrage timer and having to stop dps before the 2nd green phase, so it's absolutely "worth it" for your death knights to pick up AMZ.

Polymerase
02-18-2011, 12:01 PM
Good to know, thanks. However, do you know if it will only absorb the ~38k damage, or will we get the -75% damage taken part of the ability. I know technically we should only get the 38k, but based on the massive damage difference I was seeing last night, it seemed like we were getting the full 75% reduction to the spell. I did make sure that nothing else was different that attempt except for the usage of AMZ.

Takethecake
02-18-2011, 01:08 PM
If it's similar to how it used to work... it will reduce 75% magic damage until all of the damage possible is absorbed. BUT if all the damage is simultaneous then it doesn't add up the damage until after the hit. So if the entire raid gets hit at the same time they will all get the 75% reduction.

Polymerase
02-18-2011, 02:34 PM
So if the entire raid gets hit at the same time they will all get the 75% reduction.

This is what i'm hoping for, because it would make the mechanic so much easier to deal with. Next raid is Sunday, so I won't be able to confirm until then, but if someone else could beforehand that would be great.