PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Protection Warrior: Am i on the right mindset of gearing, gemming, and enchanting?

Stud
02-16-2011, 02:14 PM
My guild has downed Baradin Hold and Magmaw. Halfus and Omnitron Defense system have being giving us issues for a long time now. I think our main problem is raid awareness and moving when you need to move and switching targets. But that isnt really something you can teach. Am i doing something wrong in my gear that could make it easier on us?

Base Stats:
Health: 145k
Dodge: 10.86%
Parry: 12.19%
Block: 49.38%
Link to Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/trollbane/studlicious/simple

Any tips or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!

Scotteq
02-16-2011, 02:56 PM
As long as you and your tanking partner are ensuring the Mobs are picked up quickly, and (if tasked) interrupts on and movement of Arcanotron are well coordinated... The rest is pretty much on everyone else.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Stud
02-16-2011, 03:18 PM
Thanks! I'll try and watch a little closer to see what is killing the other raiders.

Machoen
02-17-2011, 06:05 AM
So you've been reforging to hit? Hmm... Restore immediatly!!!

- Enchant you wrist with dodge.
- 20 mastery + 30 stam on ur legs instead of 60 stam
- 40 mastery on prismatic sockets (ur belt)
- enchant ur boots with minor speed, would help!

Tschus
02-17-2011, 07:07 AM
There're actually quite a lot you can do on your gears/gems/enchants.
Gears:
You have a few ilvl333 gears. Upgrading these to 346/359s are your first priority imo. Neck and chest can be bought with JP; BS chest is also good, but a lot ppl find it's not attractive enough to spend the money over the JP chest. Ramkahen has a epic tanking wrist, which is still an upgrade (although not huge). Rings and weapon can be found at a lot of places, so I'm pretty surprise that you're still using 333s when progressing into raids. Range weapon can be found on Asaad in VP.
Gems:
You are socketing your chimera's eyes in non-yellow socket, results in a loss of socket bonus. Put two of those in your only yellow and prismatic socket, and one in a socket with the suckest bonus. I would use the armor meta instead of the shield block one.
Enchants:
Completely agree with Machoen. And get rid of the armsman enchant on your gloves! The mastery one is nice.
Reforge:
Again, same as above. Restore the reforge that went into hit.